AMD FX 7600P VS INTEL I7 4700MQ

jm7games

hi, earlier I asked a few questions and using the info I received and my own very small amount of knowledge ive narrowed my choice down to these 2 laptop processors, for those that saw my earlier thread you will know that the only thing im bothered about is rendering speed and NOTHING ELSE.

fx7600p has 4 real cores and 12 overall (compute cores)

4700mq has 4 real cores and 8 overall (hyper threading)

which one would be better for rendering ONLY! don't want to see anything about heat/battery life/power consumption etc.

thanks in advance for any help :)

note: can use a similar i7, I just put down the 4700mq as a starting point,

4700MQ destroys the 7600p in passmark (synthetic benchmark), which is generally a good representation of how well your CPU will perform in things like rendering.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

if I use a program that allows for gpu rendering would the fx7600p be better then as it has gpu cores ?

if I use a program that allows for gpu rendering would the fx7600p be better then as it has gpu cores ?

I have no idea sorry :(

RIP in pepperonis m8s

To my knowledge no such program exists that can take advantage of iGPU, or even mobile GPU versions (970M for example). What program are you using?

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

there are loads of programs that can do gpu rendering

OpenCL is the only program which uses the GPU for rendering

other form of coding will use the CPU part which the i7 will excel

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

hi, earlier I asked a few questions and using the info I received and my own very small amount of knowledge ive narrowed my choice down to these 2 laptop processors, for those that saw my earlier thread you will know that the only thing im bothered about is rendering speed and NOTHING ELSE.

fx7600p has 4 real cores and 12 overall (compute cores)

4700mq has 4 real cores and 8 overall (hyper threading)

which one would be better for rendering ONLY! don't want to see anything about heat/battery life/power consumption etc.

thanks in advance for any help :)

note: can use a similar i7, I just put down the 4700mq as a starting point,

4700MQ is better for CPU-based rendering. If you're using OpenCL rendering, you'd need a better AMD GPU than the integrated thing on mobile APUs.

ALSO, mobile APUs are severely TDP limited, and run out of power very very easily. You might not even get close to the full power out of them.

Next, if you're buying a laptop with a 4700MQ, I suggest avoiding: HP. Dell. Lenovo. Toshiba. Sony. Fujitsu. Gateway (assuming they exist). Acer. Razer. Compaq (they're HP so avoid). Apple.

DO get: Clevo (rebranded as Sager, Mythlogic, Eurocom, some OriginPC, some CyberpowerPC, some iBuyPower, some Falcon Northwest, mySN, Scan UK, Metabox, BlueMobility, etc). ASUS (ROG brand only). MSI (GT brand only).

Alienware is not updated with new maxwell GPUs yet, so I must say to avoid them until they are.

All new models with maxwell GPUs have the H series and not the M series, meaning they're all integrated. In this case, the CPU you want is the i7-4710HQ. All MQ chips you'd see selling (MSI GT60 and GT70  and Clevo PxxxSM-A series) would be using the i7-4710MQ chips.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

To my knowledge no such program exists that can take advantage of iGPU, or even mobile GPU versions (970M for example). What program are you using?

Any program that can use a GPU via OpenGL/OpenCL can use an iGPU, for future reference.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd