Alright, so I saw one of Linus's watercooling builds but it didn't go into that much detail about how fill the system with water.

He said to use a paperclip to connect the green wire on the power supply to any black wire. I looked around the house and I don't have any paper clips so I figured a piece of wire solder would work just fine?

I dont have an extra psu laying around so i'll have to use the modular one inside my computer. What I don't understand is why I don't just plug the water pump into the psu and use the switch on the psu to turn it off?

or does the 24 pin have to be plugged in to the psu along with the water pump and then I jump any green wire on the 24 pin to any black one, then use the switch to turn the pump on and off?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

1. Plug the 24pin cable into the PSU (don't plug it into the motherboard)
  2. Diconnect cables to GPUs and the 8pin EPS 
  3. Jump the PSU (solder wire is fine)
  4. Fill your res
  5. Turn the PSU on
  6. Turn the PSU off once most of the water from the res has drained.
  7. Repeat 4 to 6.

You don't just want to turn the system on as you would be running components without any water in them, they would overheat.

Also leaks will be less of an issue if the components aren't powered on.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans