New York premiere of Sony’s “The Interview” canceled!

AlRayes_BRN
The Interview, Seth Rogen's Kim Jong-un assassination comedy that may be at the center of the devastating Sony Pictures hack, is scheduled to hit theaters on Christmas Day, but at this point Sony may rather wish it not come out at all. Following another leak which contained terror threats against prospective viewers, studio executives are now telling theaters that they "wouldn't object" to any decision not to show the movie, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Carmike Cinemas is first to bail

The New York Times, meanwhile, reports that Sony Pictures has "decided to all but invite theater owners to force cancellation or further postponement of The Interview," with one theater chain owner calling the 9/11-invoking terror threads a "game-changer." Following these reports, Variety said that Carmike Cinemas, a chain with 2,632 screens nationwide, became the first chain to take Sony up on that offer. It was followed by Landmark Theatres, who Deadline says made the decision to cancel the movie's New York premiere, previously scheduled for Thursday night. The Interview's LA premiere took place last week. Earlier today Rogen and co-star James Franco reportedly withdrew from all press appearances for The Interview through the end of the week.

Souce: http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/16/7406107/theaters-may-cancel-the-interview

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Ahh.... They just let the bad guys win....

And the GoP has won.... Now they can control Sony.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Doesn't really qualify as negotiation, but the hackers appear to have Sony Pictures in their pocket concerning this movie.

Oh dear god.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

This is kinda sad....

@helpingaskewcokemansarcasm Okay, who's alt are you? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

thanks for clearing that up, wouldn't be news if there is no source.

Mostly welcome! :)

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Has the government stepped in yet?

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

@helpingaskewcokemansarcasm Okay, who's alt are you? 

I am not anybody's alt, I have lurked this forum for a very long time and observed these members to be prolific, now I finally decided to make an account for myself, all the usernames I initially wanted were taken already so I just made this for fun.

I am not a troll, if you look at my posts you will see they are not troll posts.

I am not anybody's alt, I have lurked this forum for a very long time and observed these members to be prolific, now I finally decided to make an account for myself, all the usernames I initially wanted were taken already so I just made this for fun.

I am not a troll, if you look at my posts you will see they are not troll posts.

I see your not a troll, but lurking for over a year? And conveniently just recently Helping semi retires, askew leaves and cokeman left awhile ago and well if you are truly a lurker you must know how sarcasm went out. and theres you new username.... coincidental? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Sony has caved and started to the the bad guys win. At this point, the hackers practically own Sony.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Anyone want to fund a movie where the plot is to assassinate the leader of GoP. Oh the fun someone could have with this.

How mad would they be if you portrayed the leader as some nerd who slurs his words and then does a load of drugs meanwhile living in his moms basement. All we have to do is just dump it on reddit and watch it take off. 

THE HACKENING 

The Internet response to GoP. 

Spoiler

So if this GoP group ever get caught (anyone wanna guess odds of that?)  then the chargers they face are:

Terrorism

Piracy

Unlawfully accessing a private computer network

threatening to inflict bodily harm

Extortion

Identity theft

Harrasment

Cyber bullying (if that's a thing in the US)

If the Authorities aren't feeling very nice they could potentially spend some time in Gitmo.

A part of me wants to see them get caught and burn really bad.  If we want to stop governments/corporations taking too much control then there are better ways to do it without fueling the fire. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

-snip-

A part of me wants to see them get caught and burn really bad.  If we want to stop governments/corporations taking too much control then there are better ways to do it without fueling the fire. 

Well I think it is the wrong way to approach that issue. 

Spoiler

Says promoting terrorism is bad; threatens to commit acts of terrorism.

Boy are these "hackers" hypocrites. Incredibly sad to see them win, but it is good to hear that Sony acknowledges the threat. Human lives are not a thing to be gambled with.

Cheers,

Linus

thanks for clearing that up, wouldn't be news if there is no source.

Oi, play nice

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

This is worrisome. Not because of the hack or because of the stupid fucking movie, but because they appear to be taking this "threats" seriously. This means they will launch another crusade about how we need to save the children by locking down or doubling down on surveillance and pass an even worst version of SOPA/PIPA into law, and just for good measures fast lanes will be more "secure" and they will try to tie that nonsense into this too.

Hope I'm way off about all this...

-------

Current Rig

-------

Is GoP hired by North Korea or what?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I wonder if GoP actually has more information from sony that they haven't revealed yet, and sony is doing this to keep whatever little info they have left a secret?