Silverstone FT05 Dust Question

Go to solution Solved by spwath,

@spwath, I believe you're in love with the Ft05? Maybe I'm wrong and it's somebody else.

I am.

I painted a peice of cardboard and put that on top when computer is off

I'm just wondering if there are any owners of the case that can tell me if the lack of a dust filter in the top vent is a problem or not. I'm sure it'll be fine when powered on, but what about when it's powered off for some time? Does this case need to be cleaned out more often than others? Would it be worth it to mod a filter on the grill? Or are there already any third party dust filters for this case? Thanks in advance!

@spwath, I believe you're in love with the Ft05? Maybe I'm wrong and it's somebody else.

I am.

I painted a peice of cardboard and put that on top when computer is off

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I am.

I painted a peice of cardboard and put that on top when computer is off.

Ah, well that answers that. :)

Ah, well that answers that. :)

Because when it's off you don't need airflow, so you don't need filter, just solid s

Peice

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ah one more note!!!

You must use modular PSU!!!!!

Otherwise you are in for a frustrating build

Because when it's off you don't need airflow, so you don't need filter, just solid s

Peice

Yeah, I think I'll just try my hand at modding in a dust filter for that plastic top after I get the case.

Edit: I'll probably do what you did if it doesn't turn out. And PSU is gonna be EVGA G2, so no worries about that drive cage getting in the way.

Yeah, I think I'll just try my hand at modding in a dust filter for that plastic top after I get the case.

You can buy dust filter material at frozencpu. Com