Hatred is back on Steam Greenlight, Gabe Newell apologies.

XTankSlayerX

hatred.jpg

^SOURCE^

Its only been a day since the controversial game Hatred got removed from Steam after Valve refusing to have it on their service.

There's nothing on the page to indicate why it's back, nor any acknowledgments of its temporary absence.

Gabe Newell's apology:

“Hi, Jaroslaw.

“Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn't up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn't a good decision, and we'l be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is creating tools for content creators and customers.

“Good luck with your game.”

Developer Destructive Creations has been taken off guard and still hasn't have an official statement.

“DAFUQ it’s about 3am in Poland I’m in bed I have no idea what’s going on, will investigate it,” one staffer said on the Destructive Creations forum"

“You won’t believe but I know nothing. They didn’t text me about it. Maybe they sent something only to our CEO, I’ll know tomorrow,” he added.

What a fuss over there... Works out for the devs, free marketing for it.

What in the heck. Valve, make up you mind!

xD, Valve listened!

I presume they listen to TotalBiscuit, he has quite the influence in the industry.

And as much as I don't like the game (it just doesn't look fun) it is very good that it is back, Valve shouldn't arbitrarly decide which games are allowed on the platform

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

good. I wasn't planning on playing it, but it's good Valve decided to add it back.

I wonder if they will ever acknowledge the removal. knowing Valve, I doubt it.

Edit:
ohh who am I kidding? I'm going to play it just to see what the fuss is about. It looks bad, but dammit if I don't play it I won't know for sure :x

SPAAAAAACE!!!

Good job Valve!

I don't like that you deleted it to begin with but at least you came to your senses quickly and put it back up.

When things like this happen and I read all the comments in forums like these,  it makes me wonder if there is a limit to what people will accept? whether there is a line that the most people will draw and say, "no, you've gone too far"?

Clearly it is not this game, maybe it will be a game where children are being raped or something as equally horrid like that.  To be honest I don't know that I want to live in a world where people find that sort of thing entertaining.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When things like this happen and I read all the comments in forums like these,  it makes me wonder if there is a limit to what people will accept? whether there is a line that the most people will draw and say, "no, you've gone too far"?

Clearly it is not this game, maybe it will be a game where children are being rapped or something as equally horrid like that.  To be honest I don't know that I want to live in a world where people find that sort of thing entertaining.

First of all, how is this worse than Postal or GTA?

Secondly, the issue here for most people was the arbitrary removal of a game possibly due to content with no reason given and no clear regulations being in place on the one dominant PC platform. Not the violence, we had that discussion a million times before.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

First of all, how is this worse than Postal or GTA?

Secondly, the issue here for most people was the arbitrary removal of a game possibly due to content with no reason given and no clear regulations being in place on the one dominant PC platform. Not the violence, we had that discussion a million times before.

I never sad it was worse than anything.  I also never mentioned what the issue was specifically.   You might feel you have had "that discussion" a million times before, But in the context I was posting I have never encountered it before.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

When things like this happen and I read all the comments in forums like these, it makes me wonder if there is a limit to what people will accept? whether there is a line that the most people will draw and say, "no, you've gone too far"?

Clearly it is not this game, maybe it will be a game where children are being rapped or something as equally horrid like that. To be honest I don't know that I want to live in a world where people find that sort of thing entertaining.

What kind of a monster would rap children! They are too young for hip-hop.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

What kind of a monster would rap children! They are too young for hip-hop.

sorry, forgot the e. (obscure drug reference)]

fixed

Clearly it is not this game, maybe it will be a game where children are being raped or something as equally horrid like that.  To be honest I don't know that I want to live in a world where people find that sort of thing entertaining.

If you're honestly questioning why we accept such games then you're being a hypocritical twat - take a look at books, let's go with Harry Potter. 

Harry Potter is a book about what how the protagonist is on a quest to KILL someone; by your logic books such as HP (and any book that includes violence for that matter) should be banned. But is that the case? No. Why? Because most people (who aren't so full of themselves *cough*target&gtapetitionplebs*cough*) understand the clear distinction between media and real life. 

You don't understand how to properly criticise media so don't question the "morality" of a game/media form, in the end it's subjective (TB's video about how it being removed and the implications it has is purely objective)

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Am I the only person that thinks this game looks fun

I mean EXTREMELY distasteful .... but... so what, so are many movies and games

As TB said, if netflix are going to stream human centipede, why cant we play a violent game

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you're honestly questioning why we accept such games then you're being a hypocritical twat - take a look at books, let's go with Harry Potter. 

Harry Potter is a book about what how the protagonist is on a quest to KILL someone; by your logic books such as HP (and any book that includes violence for that matter) should be banned. But is that the case? No. Why? Because most people (who aren't so full of themselves *cough*target&gtapetitionplebs*cough*) understand the clear distinction between media and real life. 

You don't understand how to properly criticise media so don't question the "morality" of a game/media form, in the end it's subjective (TB's video about how it being removed and the implications it has is purely objective)

You don't need to start your post with an insult. You have completely misunderstood my post. Then have the audacity to talk down to me when your ability comprehend is so low, go fuck yourself.

I was merely questioning if there is a limit to what people will consider is acceptable.  I was not questioning the morality of anything specific except if there is even a morality and where does it start?

EDIT: damn it people are so hyper sensitive about this they don't even stop to consider what people are saying, they just jump on the rant train and off load their opinions. -_-

The limit exists, but it's different for different people. That's why you can find Final Destination and Frozen on shelves in the same shop, so you can decide which is for you. And if these "but what about the children" parents are worried that such games will fall into their kids' hands, it's about time to familiarize yourself with what sort of sh*t they are accessing through the web.

The limit exists, but it's different for different people. That's why you can find Final Destination and Frozen on shelves in the same shop, so you can decide which is for you. And if these "but what about the children" parents are worried that such games will fall into their kids' hands, it's about time to familiarize yourself with what sort of sh*t they are accessing through the web.

I was thinking of starting a thread asking what everyone's limits are before they would prefer to see a game banned.  But it would probably end up like all the religious and gun debate threads. :( 

Looks like GabeN decided to intervene in this case?

http://gamesnosh.com/hatred-steam-greenlight-page-restored/

EDIT: (Was on my tablet before, so it was more difficult for me to copy and paste a quote)

Hi, Jaroslaw.

Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn’t up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn’t a good decision, and we’ll be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers.

Good luck with your game.

Gabe

I was thinking of starting a thread asking what everyone's limits are before they would prefer to see a game banned.  But it would probably end up like all the religious and gun debate threads. :(

Yup, probably will. But to be honest, it's just like music or TV. Generation that has no idea and does not give a flying fu*k about video games must simply retire and replaced by those that grew up with games on daily basis. Give it about 20 years.

Looks like GabeN decided to intervene in this case?

http://gamesnosh.com/hatred-steam-greenlight-page-restored/

the Lord has spoken and he has a great point

Steam is a place for developers to sell game, not a censorship program

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Clearly it is not this game, maybe it will be a game where children are being raped or something as equally horrid like that.

I've played a few "games" where that happens (Only rape in the sense that they can't legally consent, not the violent way, even I tend to stay away from those kinds) ("game" is in quotes because it's visual novels, which are more like picture books).

I don't really see why that would be banned either, not even the violent rape kind.

Fiction = fiction.

Fiction != reality.

As long as it's clear that it's fiction I don't really see any reason why we should ban/censor any theme, no matter how horrible it is. I totally understand that different people have different morals but you should only express them by voting with your wallet, not by getting things you dislike banned. Wanting everyone to adhere to your personal morals shows a clear lack of respect for other peoples' morals. If you don't like it then fine, don't buy it. If people agree with you then the thing will be a commercial failure. I don't think it's okay to ban something just because you find it distasteful.

Edit: I guess you could sum it up as "I don't think anyone's personal opinion should be able to govern what other people are allowed to do".

Can you please stop using Center alignment I can't read anything you type up.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

yay:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Some people think GTA draws the line and should be banned across the world. Some people think games like Zelda draw the line.

My question is, why do you give a shit what other people play?

Also, nice slippery slope argument.

spnptp.png

"If we allow same-sex couples to marry, next we'll let people marry their parents, cars and monkeys!"

"If we allow a game about murdering people on Steam, next we'll allow games about raping children!"

the Lord has spoken and he has a great point

Steam is a place for developers to sell game, not a censorship program

So then why did he do it in the first place?

I don't buy the "I didn't know anything about it" statement at all. Sounds like utter damage control.

but then again people do. this game will not change the people behaviour and liking.

I still hold up my point that the biggest problem with the game is lack of information and the fact that it was created to stir shit up.