Best free video editing software out there?

Hey LTT,

Is there any good free high end video editing software? Something that gives you the same tools and use ability as what you can find in adobe's suit? I wish had access to abobe's software but sadly I don't have the money to do so. What do you all use for your film work these days?

Thanks

Pirate sony Vegas.

Lol jk windows movie maker would be a good option

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Creative Cloud is like $20 a month.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Pirate sony Vegas.

Were not allowed to encourage pirating and/or other illegal activities on this forum...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Were not allowed to encourage pirating and/or other illegal activities on this forum...

But he said lol jk that makes it ok right? RIGHT?

But he said lol jk that makes it ok right? RIGHT?

yup, but if he didnt then that would have been bad :P just making sure people know :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Lightworks. It's got quite the learning curve but has a large community and works much more fluently then move maker, especially for larger files. It has more customizability too, if you take the time to learn it.

I would +1 this if Lightworks didn't restrict so much for non paying users. No text editor, can't use AVI or MP4 files. D: 

Lightworks + Movie maker + Converter = problem solved?

I use avid at work. at home I use adobe. 

when asking on which you NLE shud use to edit video I will tell you to get avid and an mac. life is easy when it just works.

Blackmagicdesign DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite, what else? :D

Lightworks + Movie maker + Converter = problem solved?

I tried this setup while editing a documentary for an anthropology class and I do not recommend it. The inefficiency of using Handbrake to first convert all the clips before using them in Lightworks was frustrating enough, trying to keep the audio playing from one source while a different video started to play on top of it took a week of fiddling to get right. Lightworks is basically a bigger Windows Movie Maker. It's free, but if you want to edit anything creatively, pay for Adobe CC. After learning Premier, you'll have the tools and confidence to tackle any video project your RAM can handle.

Lightworks is basically a bigger Windows Movie Maker.

That's very interesting ähm funny.

It's the best way I could think to put it. If you know the version of Movie Maker that came with Windows XP like the back of your hand, and want to export projects in HD, try Lightworks. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter they send you after you give your email address to download the program.

Creative Cloud is like $20 a month.

That's if you're a student. $50+taxes/month for the rest of us; which is still a freaking steal for what you're getting. You could run the Adobe trial for at least a month in the mean time.

It's the best way I could think to put it. If you know the version of Movie Maker that came with Windows XP like the back of your hand, and want to export projects in HD, try Lightworks.

Yeah multimillion dollar movies edited with Lightworks... uhm I mean movie maker.