Logitech G710+ VS Razer Blackwidow Ultimate2014

Hey guys.  :D

Im here because I have a little problem. I can't choose between the Logitech G710+  or the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate2014 I need a keyboard that woorks good in gaming and typing, like these two, I hear something about the razer synapse is shit and razer don't do good keyboards as well, I have a razer deathadder 2013 and works fine, but synapse is a shit on mac os x, I just got my pc and I don't have the keyboard so.

I need to hear your experiences guys with those keyboards, I play stuff like Lol, Dota 2, Tera, ArcheAge, Assasins creed, crysis, gmod, Diablo 3, well i play all kind of games, so I will guide me with your experiences with these keyboards, Sorry for my English I'm spanish and german educated.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

I would go with the G710+ solely on the fact that it uses CherryMX Brown switches, unlike Razer's Kaihl Cherry knockoff switches.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

G710+ hands down... The razer one is a rip off kaihl switches which are rip off of cherry switches.

I would go with the G710+ solely on the fact that it uses CherryMX Brown switches, unlike Razer's Kaihl Cherry knockoff switches.

I think that razer one use a copy of cherry blue, they call them green razer switch -_-, I also think that for the factCherryMX is made in germany so they probably would be much better.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

I think that razer one use a copy of cherry blue, they call them green razer switch -_-, I also think that for the factCherryMX is made in germany so they probably would be much better.

Correct. The Razer keyboard uses Kaihl switches, which are cheap Chinese knockoffs of CherryMX. Have you seen Linus' video on the Cherry factory tour in Germany, I was surprised by how much rigorous testing those key switches go through. 

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

They have Razer Green (clicky - MX Blue emulation) and Razer Orange (silent - MX Brown emulation)

G710+ hands down... The razer one is a rip off kaihl switches which are rip off of cherry switches.

I would say go with the g710+. But THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with the razer switches. They actually are rated for longer lifespan over cherry's. 60million vs 50. I personally had one of their keyboards and it was the best typing experience I have ever had. But too loud for my taste so here I am with my own g710 to keep the noise down. Everyone thinks because razers uses cherry's design it's automatically bad. This logic is stupid.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I would say go with the g710+. But THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with the razer switches. They actually are rated for longer lifespan over cherry's. 60million vs 50. I personally had one of their keyboards and it was the best typing experience I have ever had. But too loud for my taste so here I am with my own g710 to keep the noise down. Everyone thinks because razers uses cherry's design it's automatically bad. This logic is stupid.

Just because they are rated higher doesn't mean its true.  Razer switches have such a bad name because of the problems they give.

They have Razer Green (clicky - MX Blue emulation) and Razer Orange (silent - MX Brown emulation)

And which is better? the german fabricated version? or the razer one? Also what keyboard is great in design for gaming.

Just because they are rated higher doesn't mean its true.  Razer switches have such a bad name because of the problems they give.

No they don't, they have a bad name because people love the "genuine original" product. I have never once come across someone who has had an issue with their keys. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Okay its not by far a fair comparison, but I have a g710+ and I went into a local big box store and found a blackwidow and of course with Razers marvellous marketing they have a small opening for the arrow keys. I was pressing them just to get a feel for them and well I much preferred my tactile slightly heavier browns, the Razer boards actually seemed to be quieter, but like I said and I can't stress enough not a fair comparison. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

And which is better? the german fabricated version? or the razer one? Also what keyboard is great in design for gaming.

Reds are typically best for gaming, but browns are a great alternative. If you go with razer green or mx blues you are going to be listening to your keyboard the entire time you play. Better for typing though. 

I wouldn't say one is better than the other since the feel and usability is subjective, but since Cherry has better quality control I'd stick with Cherry MX equipped keyboards, especially with the price Razer is asking.

For gaming keyboards, again it's subjective. No keyboard is going to make you better. Some argue MX Reds are for gaming since they're linear and actuate quicker than other non-linear switches, but it's all up to you.

So... the G710+ is your main keyboard? even if you also have a Razer BWU 2014? and what is the best experience in gaming with those two?

I still take German manufactured opposed to Chinese manufactured any day.

So... the G710+ is your main keyboard? even if you also have a Razer BWU 2014? and what is the best experience in gaming with those two?

I didn't have a BWU I had a black widow tournament 80% keyboard. I prefer the g710 to it just because of the noise. Also had a k70 with mx reds which I enjoyed almost equally for games but the browns are better for typing. The g710+ is definitely going to be the better choice in my opinion. I love me some brown switches. They feel mushy at first when compared to mx blues are razer greens but man I just can't take the noise those things put out. 

I still take German manufactured opposed to Chinese manufactured any day.

And I would take a chinese made keyboard over a german made one with the same parts at twice the price and same life expectancy any day. 

And what about the Logitech G710+ keys quality? I hear that just the keys bottom part has broken pretty easily 

G710-detalle-teclas.jpg

And I would take a chinese made keyboard over a german made one with the same parts at twice the price and same life expectancy any day. 

To each their own.

And what about the Logitech G710+ keys quality? I hear that just the keys bottom part has broken pretty easily 

That I couldn't tell you anything about unfortunately. They seem okay though.

Well that is a good question. Its a common problem, but I believe there are certain things that produce that outcome. Pulling off the keys frequently, hard use, (if your slamming on keys - they are going to have reduced life) and a bit of luck or lack of it. Not everyone has this problem, but many do. There are many things that are made of plastic that many people will complain about and for some it will be fine others it will break. They aren't perfect, nothing is. You also araise the question about driver and software stability, LED life span and consistency. 

You can get replacement keycaps and if you don't live in obscure country Logitech RMA is typically really good and I doubt they would hesitate replacement if you showed proof and a receipt. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I have only used the G710+ so I can only share my experience with this keyboard.

I loved it but its not perfect.

The MX Brown switches have the rubber o-rinds underneath to silence them from bottoming out. I found it a fantastic keyboard to type on and it has great media controls and macro options. 2 things I didn't like but they are purely visual.

1. They use some non-standard futuristic font, it's fine but I didn't like it.

2. That very ugly orange surround the macro keys, yuk

Also worth noting is early on the G710+ had quite a few issues with the LED backlight dying out but I haven't seen that issue reported recently so they must have sorted it out.

Good luck :)

Thank you guys.

I think that Logitech would give me a best game experience and typing than the Razer BWU, Now I just need to see the quality in both.

PS: Is this just marketing or is truth? 

I have only used the G710+ so I can only share my experience with this keyboard.

I loved it but its not perfect.

The MX Brown switches have the rubber o-rinds underneath to silence them from bottoming out. I found it a fantastic keyboard to type on and it has great media controls and macro options. 2 things I didn't like but they are purely visual.

1. They use some non-standard futuristic font, it's fine but I didn't like it.

2. That very ugly orange surround the macro keys, yuk

Also worth noting is early on the G710+ had quite a few issues with the LED backlight dying out but I haven't seen that issue reported recently so they must have sorted it out.

Good luck :)

What's your main keyboard right now?

Thank you guys.

I think that Logitech would give me a best game experience and typing than the Razer BWU, Now I just need to see the quality in both.

PS: Is this just marketing or is truth? 

The thing that worked after the smashing was them Cherry switches. If you've seen the Cherry factory tour you'll understand why they took that tank so well.

And I would hope that you won't be smashing your keyboard with a car or tank anytime soon...

But of the two keyboards mentioned above, G710+ gets my vote. If you get the browns on the G710+, they use o-rings so they're very quiet. G710 also comes with o-ringed blues. But since you seem to be after browns, that G710 can't be a bad choice. Just remember that if you hit the keys hard the base of the caps could break (from what I've heard). If you hit the keys hard though, browns really aren't for you.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||