Blackberry Classic Sells Out On Pre-Orders

ThePointblank

From GSMArena:

http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_classic_preorder_stock_sold_out_in_north_america-news-10480.php

The pre-order stock of the upcoming BlackBerry Classic has run out in North America. BlackBerry opened the pre-order books for the smartphone in the middle of last month.

BlackBerry Classic will return back in stock in early January 2015. The handset is still available to pre-order in major European markets including the United Kingdom, France, and Germany.

Key points:

- North American stock of Blackberry Classic's completely sold out in pre-order, with pre-orders started back in November

- European stock is still available

- ETA on new stock is in January 2015

Official specs are due to be announced on December 17th, with specs expected to revolve around a dual core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 chip, and 2GB of RAM. It will also have 16GB of memory plus a micro-SD slot. The screen is 3.5", 720x720 display with 291 ppi. The battery is expected to be 2515 mAh.

This is the second sell-out by Blackberry in their second new device in recent months (after Passport). While Blackberry's marketshare and volumes are considerably lower than the industry heavyweights, Samsung and Apple, it does mean that sales so far have more than met expectations for Blackberry, which could mean Blackberry will continue to be a player in the smartphone market in the future.

Basically the same good old BB with some more juice under the hood?

Pretty much. Technical specs are on par with the older, full touch screen Z10, except for the larger battery. But the fastest and most powerful Blackberry right now is the Passport.

Pretty much. Technical specs are on par with the older, full touch screen Z10, except for the larger battery. But the fastest and most powerful Blackberry right now is the Passport.

But is just a little square, I don't like it... I'm going to try the new iPhone and as soon as I hate it, I'll check whats out

I'm always suspicious when they say it sold out. They could have made 2000 units in total and yeah, that would sell out pretty easily.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'm always suspicious when they say it sold out. They could have made 2000 units in total and yeah, that would sell out pretty easily.

Well, UK-based Vodafone just got a loan of $850 million Canadian from the Export Development Canada to finance a major purchase, with $750 million of it going to finance a major purchase from Blackberry:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/in-a-bid-to-bolster-blackberry-ottawa-backs-vodafone-purchases/article22097128/

Yeah they sold out, but they have not sold that many, blackberry are currently only making small batches

its not like they have sold 20 million or anything, maybe 10s of thousands or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Id get one if I could. I hate touch screens, and I wish they'd never become a thing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah they sold out, but they have not sold that many, blackberry are currently only making small batches

its not like they have sold 20 million or anything, maybe 10s of thousands or something

Which just means that they can no longer compete at the top end of the market.

They gotta' adjust to the situation they are currently in.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Which just means that they can no longer compete at the top end of the market.

They gotta' adjust to the situation they are currently in.

They are not tying to

Their main goal is the business market, which is pretty much where blackberry succeeded, their downfall was trying to become a consumer phone, adding app stores and games and all sorts, which just pushed the business guys away

I was at an event for the blackberry passport and they were trying to explain their business/enterprise focus, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They are not tying to

Their main goal is the business market, which is pretty much where blackberry succeeded, their downfall was trying to become a consumer phone, adding app stores and games and all sorts, which just pushed the business guys away

I was at an event for the blackberry passport and they were trying to explain their business/enterprise focus, 

Exactly. Focusing on your strengths as opposed to stretching yourself thin because of trends.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Interesting, however the fact it sold out is of no surprise. They don't make a ton of units. Which is understandable given their situation, but still, unimpressive.

Blackberry has had numerous stumbling blocks, a lot of which were just stupid or horrible decisions.
I do however like their idea of putting out one odd, unique device a year. Maybe they'll have the next Note breakthrough.

They are not tying to

I always laughed at that.

Everyone wanted a Blackberry and it was seen as higher end because business people used it...even though the "fun" factor was a lot lower.

I still miss some features of my 9810. Like being able to change the notification sounds per user, as well as having it so that even if you were on Silent that persons call came through.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Id get one if I could. I hate touch screens, and I wish they'd never become a thing.

You sound like my dad. He loved his Blackberry Torch so much he didn't stop using it for 5 years until it finally broke from falling... :( RIP Blackberry

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

this is the only phone currently on the market, that I am interested in getting. Deffo's excited for this phone, now my HTC m7 is almost 2 year old :( 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

I always laughed at that.

Everyone wanted a Blackberry and it was seen as higher end because business people used it...even though the "fun" factor was a lot lower.

I still miss some features of my 9810. Like being able to change the notification sounds per user, as well as having it so that even if you were on Silent that persons call came through.

Some phones can still do that 

this is the only phone currently on the market, that I am interested in getting. Deffo's excited for this phone, now my HTC m7 is almost 2 year old  :(

I have to ask.....why?

If it has a touch screen too id definitely consider one!

Touch screen and keyboard. Basically a cheaper Passport

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

I was looking at the classic. I think I read somewhere that the camera is only an 8megapixel. Big turnoff for me. Maybe I will wait for revision 2 as my Q10 is still doing well.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Exactly. Focusing on your strengths as opposed to stretching yourself thin because of trends.

You mean like Netflix, Intel, Nvidia, and AMD? Netflix has to keep buying rights to movie titles to keep up, Intel keeps chasing low power even though their old enthusiasts hate them for it, Nvidia is doing the same which disappointed a lot of people on here, and AMD is being torn 10 different directions and is trying to compete against so many huge names.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Physical buttons are foreign to kids born in the iPhone era.

But is just a little square, I don't like it... I'm going to try the new iPhone and as soon as I hate it, I'll check whats out

"little"

Would love to buy, if I hadn't already bought the Passport on Launch and I love it!

I know that times are not that great for BlackBerry, but I hope they last a long time, because I haven't found another phone on the market that suits my needs like the new bb10 devices do, and I am saying that having owned a htc one m8 and an iphone 5.

Hopefully this device is also really successful like the passport and makes them enough money to keep going!

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/