60 GB enough for boot drive?

if you are just playing simple games then get an i5 or decent i3 and the stock cooler will do fine, don't waste money on the p4 when getting a 970, cooling you can deal with later, plus itll save you the hassle of switching cpus and you wont have a spare cpu lying around. buy at least and i3, now im going to say it again, get at least and i3 and invest in a high end AIO water cooler later

also 60gb is good but get a 128 if you can or even a 256 ssd

The G3258 will be perfect for those then. Sick for emulators too. I got such great performance out of PCSx2 with my G3258@4.4GHz that my 3.4GHz locked Xeon can't touch.

I am aiming for 4.6-4.7 with that h100i :)

the g3258 is unsderpowered when oced for a 780, and you are getting a 970. get at least an i3, if you don't I will find a way to slap you over the internet :D

Why don't you just buy the i5 now and step up to the H100i cooler next year? You'll have a badass gaming computer right now instead of bottlenecking the hell out of your 970, and you'll never waste $70 on the Pentium.

There wont be a bottleneck, overclocked it performs as well as a i5 4690K and i7 4790K in games, he might want to overclock on the i5 4690K as well later on, and will be getting what he wants earlier.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

It is for me when I installed Windows 7, but you don't end up with much free afterwards.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/251230-how-bad-is-an-overclocked-pentium-g3258-at-playing-games/?p=3443649

Sauron sums it up nicely, especially that last point, the thing this person is doing.

I play League of Legends and Minecraft.

What? The two things that LOVE high single core performance? The thing the pentium EXCELS at?

This person is paying minecraft and LoL,

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/251230-how-bad-is-an-overclocked-pentium-g3258-at-playing-games/?p=3443649

Sauron sums it up nicely, especially that last point, the thing this person is doing.

What? The two things that LOVE high single core performance? The thing the pentium EXCELS at?

This person is paying minecraft and LoL,

The Pentium will excel at any game that is optimized for 1-2 cores. Asking more of it in games designed for 4 cores+  is just stupid.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

what im saying is he shouldn't waste the money on a Pentium and a h100i, he should get a i5 with the stock cooler, it will run minecraft exceedingly well, buy better cooling after and spend less money, you can overcloxk on the stock fan so why not get something that hits 4.1 easy on the stock fan that will play everything he wants and will save him the hassle of switching it out and remounting the h100i and wasting the money on a Pentium, not to mention if he wants to play bf4. anyway its cheaper to get an i5 than to pair a Pentium with and h100i, not to mentioned more balanced.

I bet my i5 on the stockfan will out preform the Pentium oced with the h100i

he has a 970, he should get a processor that wont bottle neck it right off the bat

There wont be a bottleneck, overclocked it performs as well as a i5 4690K and i7 4790K in games, he might want to overclock on the i5 4690K as well later on, and will be getting what he wants earlier.

It's nowhere close to an i5 in games, I don't know where you hear that garbage. If it was why would he ever want to upgrade to the i5 then? Since he's playing LOL and Minecraft the Pentium is a great choice, but for newer AAA games it's a massive bottleneck.