My dad got some new Sony DSLR (Sony Alpha a6000)

TopWargamer

So the other day my dad picked up the Sony Alpha a6000. It's apparently some new DSLR from Sony. I dunno, I don't really keep up with cameras, but he does. So today he drove to downtown Tampa and snapped quite a few photos. I set the camera to keep the RAW files as well, in case I get bored and feel like messing around with them.

Anyways, I just wanna share some of my favorite shots that my dad took today, and I'd like to know what you think. (As a side note, the camera records in 1080p 60FPS in either .MTS or .MP4 formats. MTS videos look so good!)

(Be warned: Large images inbound.)

9cc326ce2d.JPG

198be567c5.JPG

98072522ac.JPG

799590b0b5.JPG

09d0b31c65.JPG

The last picture is my favorite, just saying. 

And if you're interested, here's the Amazon link for the camera: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Alpha-Interchangeable-Camera-16-50mm/dp/B00I8BICB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418608759&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+alpha+6000

COMIC SANS

The A6000 is a mirrorless w/ APS-C sensor. It's quite impressive for what it is, although I'd still prefer a true DSLR. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Holy shit those look amazing. 

Coming from the Sony fanboy ;)

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yeah, Sony has some pretty amazing mirrorless cameras. I'm hoping to get at least the 3N this year for christmas ;P

get the 5n on amazon for only $315

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Those look amazing, and even better on my 4k monitor. 

P.S. you made the fans on my H105 ramp up a tiny bit while the pictures loaded.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

P.S. you made the fans on my H105 ramp up a tiny bit while the pictures loaded.

Hey man, sexy comes at a price. 

COMIC SANS

What settings and lens?

Photos are nice and I agree, the last one is purrty

Stock settings and stock lens

COMIC SANS

From the tiny bits of the pictures that loaded (because of prehistorically slow internet) they look very nice.

System: Thinkpad T460

Coming from the Sony fanboy ;)

Hey, the camera is a side point. 

I just like the first picture a lot.

Also, I don't consider myself a fanboy because I don't call my Sony products good. I describe my laptop as "A complete piece of shit" 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I'd rather have an Olympus OMD.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

the pictures are amazing, i need to invest on a decent point and shoot even though i already have a dslr.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

not too bad, the first thing I would do is replace the kit lens, its pretty pants

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I always hated sony's camera lines, to be honest I've only thought the A7 lines as ok/not bad, but the a6000 is a camera i quite liked. But then again most sony lens are still built like pieces of s&^%. unless you get zeiss

I have decided that the Sony a6000 will be my next camera.

Could I just ask the OP or anyone who has owned this camera for a while now, what are his or hers  final opinion.

Nice software  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty good!

#1 needs some straightening up though

#3 and #4 are my favourite

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

• 2 months later...

Could I just ask the OP or anyone who has owned this camera for a while now, what are his or hers  final opinion.

I have had my a5000 for a couple weeks now and it takes amazing pictures! I am planning to get a few more lenses, but crikey the cost of the lenses!! The stock lens does fine for wide angle (for my needs) but it lacks in the zoom department.

Could I just ask the OP or anyone who has owned this camera for a while now, what are his or hers final opinion.

For the price point the body and kit lens comes at, there are few equally compelling options available atm. If you're looking to do lowlight photography or shoot video then I'd suggest skipping the A6K but for general photo use is more than adequate. User friendliness wise, the menus are quite intuitive though there are a lot of settings you can adjust; ergonomics wise, the shape of the grip make it super easy to shoot at elevated angles with one hand and the overall package (assuming you don't get a massive piece of glass) is remarkably lightweight. The only major drawback is that lack of first party lenses and accessories, and the premiums Sony charges for they ones we do get.

I've had my kit for 5 months and also own the Zeiss 16-70mm and rokinon 8mm (the 16-55 and 55-210 is the ideal starter lens combo and are known to produce decent pictures). The longest session is had with it was 7 hours at an auto show where I managed to go through three batteries.

Edut: didn't notice the original post dates so my apologies if I violate the CoC

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

For the price point the body and kit lens comes at, there are few equally compelling options available atm. If you're looking to do lowlight photography or shoot video then I'd suggest skipping the A6K but for general photo use is more than adequate. User friendliness wise, the menus are quite intuitive though there are a lot of settings you can adjust; ergonomics wise, the shape of the grip make it super easy to shoot at elevated angles with one hand and the overall package (assuming you don't get a massive piece of glass) is remarkably lightweight. The only major drawback is that lack of first party lenses and accessories, and the premiums Sony charges for they ones we do get.

I've had my kit for 5 months and also own the Zeiss 16-70mm and rokinon 8mm (the 16-55 and 55-210 is the ideal starter lens combo and are known to produce decent pictures). The longest session is had with it was 7 hours at an auto show where I managed to go through three batteries.

Edut: didn't notice the original post dates so my apologies if I violate the CoC

Wow thank you for this review.

I have had my a5000 for a couple weeks now and it takes amazing pictures! I am planning to get a few more lenses, but crikey the cost of the lenses!! The stock lens does fine for wide angle (for my needs) but it lacks in the zoom department.

Thank you :) :)