[Closed] Gamingmas 2014

linusforsell
Go to solution Solved by linusforsell,

The following games were given out during Gamingmas 2014.

Congratulations to all the winners, better luck next time to the rest of you!

Day 10

Assassin's Creed: Unity on Uplay — Winners @Kayn and @Tie Lightning

ac87t2y4ns_small.png

Day 9

The Crew: Gold Edition on Uplay via Steam — Winner: @MyInnerFred --> @EarthboundHero

bf6278asjw_small.png

Far Cry 4: Gold Edition on Uplay — Winner: @ionbasa

okusy62hjs_small.png

Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition on Steam — Winners: @keithxue, @GhostWindGamer and @Jerakl

jus672jsyw_small.png

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition on Steam — Winners: @MountainDrew, @iSuzak and @Kloaked

hasjheu281_small.png

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor on Steam — Winner: @TheMidnightNarwhal

jhsy6ujlsw_small.png

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Steam — Winners: @Iankiller99 & @Laputacake

hjske2lksw_small.png

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on Uplay — Winners: @kristaps552 & @DirtyFish

aljslh48ai_small.png

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Steam — Winners: @vandanved & @deviant88

p182u4p809_small.png

Dragon Age: Inquisition on Origin — Winner: @CartertheCOCguy

c123d12ffa_small.png

Good luck everyone!

That will alienate a large percentage of the forum... if anything, do it by date joined or something but not post count. That's quite unfair to the lurkers as well as anyone who doesn't post a ton.

Don't do that either!! My account is only around a month old, if that! :wacko:

Edit: LOL, nevermind. I forgot that I made my account in September, and just recently starting posting regularly. :lol:

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Somewhat not fair.

I'd racked up a lot of posts in a short period of time.

True, I meant only ignore people who clearly signed up just for the giveaway, one day two day old accounts. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

True, I meant only ignore people who clearly signed up just for the giveaway, one day two day old accounts. 

Ok, lets make it for anybody who has had their account for at least a month, so no one post wonders take our opportunities.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I await accounts with a single post to take away any winnings

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

To the people discussing barriers of entry for people to join: The only thing I will check is whether or not the user practically joined the forum to get free swag. Both very new as well as silent members have the rights to enter these draws. :)

Cheers,

Linus

I await accounts with a single post to take away any winnings

Like every other LTT official giveaway.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Coolbeans.

Btw, how about a post count requirement - like ~800 or ~1000, to avoid people making new accounts for multiple entries?

You just gave me an evil idea... but I won't :)

To the people discussing barriers of entry for people to join: The only thing I will check is whether or not the user practically joined the forum to get free swag. Both very new as well as silent members have the rights to enter these draws. :)

At least 500 posts minimum pl0x.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Wait what if you get a game that you already have would you be able to exchange it for another game or give it to a member of your own choice ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Wait what if you get a game that you already have would you be able to exchange it for another game or give it to a member of your own choice ?

Every day a new game is presented and you will have to enter the drawing for every game separately--If you don't need the game, there is no need to join. Or, you could join, win and hand the key off to a friend. :)

Cheers,

Linus

1. No, the games are chosen by me—Suggestions for what games you want me to give away are welcome of course, I've only planned a couple days ahead so far.

2. Yes, you can win every day if you happen to be lucky :)

Superman64!

You rock man! I will need some demanding games to benchmark my pc after I build it.

Is it a random game or does the winner choose?

Is it a random game or does the winner choose?

You enter for a specific game (first game will be presented on the website tomorrow at 8am, CET). There will be a new one up for grabs every day, but the selection of which game it is, is not random. So it's up to the user to enter into the drawings for games that they want to have a chance of winning.

Cheers,

Linus

You enter for a specific game (first game will be presented on the website tomorrow at 8am, CET). There will be a new one up for grabs every day, but the selection of which game it is, is not random. So it's up to the user to enter into the drawings for games that they want to have a chance of winning.

Ok cool that seems like a really fair system. May I ask how the winner is selected?

May I ask how the winner is selected?

The potential winner will be drawn on random, using a random number generator. Once the number is drawn, I will do manual screening of the user to ensure the entry's validity—If the user passes, I will send out the prize soon™ after.

Cheers,

Linus

The potential winner will be drawn on random, using a random number generator. Once the number is drawn, I will do manual screening of the user to ensure the entry's validity—If the user passes, I will send out the prize soon™ after.

Fantastic :D again a very fair system 

Coolbeans.

Btw, how about a post count requirement - like ~800 or ~1000, to avoid people making new accounts for multiple entries?

@CoolBeans RIP

This is pretty cool and is very well thought out in terms of entrants, screening and fairness, particularly for those who don't necessarily feel the need to post a lot - personally I prefer to only post if I have something worth saying, no need to be a spamacholic hehe.  :D

Would I be correct in assuming that these are all Steam games?

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Would I be correct in assuming that these are all Steam games?

So far, the games are from Steam, Origin and UPlay

Cheers,

Linus

why you do this? it's nice though, hope that i can win.