Best video gaming recorder software for PC ?

keavlar

Hello to every one. Please , say what is the best and maybe chip way to record the video game while you playing. I dont want that it will consume a lot of hard drive space, like Fraps did , as i remember , 2 gb only for 5 min. I dont mind to pay for the program, but i prefer it to be good, and will not load a lot of pressure on the cpu and graphic card. I tryed to find alternative way, like some sort of hardware, that you can connect to pc, and it will record every thing. Is there some thing like this, ill be glad that if you post it, and give a link where i can buy it from, (better ebay or other online shops , that can deliver it internationally) .

Thank you all again!

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

OBS. Really nice once you get it set up the way you like.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

nvidia shadow play if you have an nvidia 600 series or better graphics card thats made by nvidia

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Shadowplay, OBS/dxtory combo.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Nvidia GTX600+ Card use shadowplay

Or try OBS / Fraps (which will tank a few frames per second off your game)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

ShadowPlay for Nvidia cards, AMD GVR for AMD cards, Quicksync if you don't like either of them and you have a supported Intel CPU, OBS to use Quicksync/livestream or record with x264; x264 however is taxing on your system at higher bitrates unlike the first 3 mentioned.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

nvidia shadow play if you have an nvidia 600 series or better graphics card thats made by nvidia

Nvidia GTX600+ Card use shadowplay

Or try OBS / Fraps (which will tank a few frames per second off your game)

Actually, you can run shadow play on most (I think) Nvidia cards. All you have to do is install GeForce Experence, make a shortcut and replace the target field with “C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\GFExperience.exe” -shadowplay

Personally, I don't think shadowplay is that great if you want to record voice at the same time. For purely recording game play it's great, but as you aren't given seperate audio files when you record, you're stuck with the volume that your voice was/or others was during the recording as one audio file. Also, this may be just me, but it seems to pick up any other audio, such as music or skype, when recording. 

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Actually, you can run shadow play on most (I think) Nvidia cards. All you have to do is install GeForce Experence, make a shortcut and replace the target field with “C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\GFExperience.exe” -shadowplay

no its only 600 series and higher from nvidia that can use shadow play

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Also, this may be just me, but it seems to pick up any other audio, such as music or skype, when recording. 

A. All recording programs i'm aware of pickup all sounds

For purely recording game play it's great, but as you aren't given seperate audio files when you record, you're stuck with the volume that your voice was/or others was during the recording as one audio file. 

B. You can always (like me) use alternate software custom built to separate audio channels (Programs, Microphones, Capture cards ect) and have each channel output to a separate file. 

B. You can always (like me) use alternate software custom built to separate audio channels (Programs, Microphones, Capture cards ect) and have each channel output to a separate file. 

i didn't say "For purely recording game play it's great, but as you aren't given seperate audio files when you record, you're stuck with the volume that your voice was/or others was during the recording as one audio file"

Spoiler

no its only 600 series and higher from nvidia that can use shadow play

Stuff like this purely humors me...

fdd8d8b6a0.png

Next time, do your research before you start blabbering like a child on stuff you don't fully understand.

i didn't say "For purely recording game play it's great, but as you aren't given seperate audio files when you record, you're stuck with the volume that your voice was/or others was during the recording as one audio file"

My bad.

Stuff like this purely humors me...

fdd8d8b6a0.png

Next time, do your research before you start blabbering like a child on stuff you don't fully understand.

i know what i'm talking about and alot of people know what there talking about too and i know that it is 600 series or higher required to use shadow play is because people who know way more than you have told that

Spoiler

i know what i'm talking about and alot of people know what there talking about too and i know that it is 600 series or higher required to use shadow play is because people who know way more than you have told that

What? It is hard to argue with people as ignorant as you. Did you even look at the photo?

What? It is hard to argue with people as ignorant as you. Did you even look at the photo?

i'm not ignorant you are ignorant to see that the gt 640 is a 600 series card 

Spoiler

Read the requirements again. My card is NOT part of the GTX series of cards and GeForce Experience shows that my card does not meet requirements.  

Read the requirements again. My card is NOT part of the GTX series of cards and GeForce Experience shows that my card does not meet requirements.  

you know what i have better stuff to do than argue with you

Spoiler

you know what i have better stuff to do than argue with you

I'm happy to watch you go. Goes to show how much your post count is worth.

Maybe you should have been more clear by specifying that it is Nvidia GTX 600 and up, at least for desktops, so none of this confusion/argument would have occurred? :P

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

Maybe you should have been more clear by specifying that it is Nvidia GTX 600 and up, at least for desktops, so none of this confusion/argument would have occurred? :P

well i was only told that it is a 600 series and higher series i was never told it has to be a gtx one

Spoiler

Personally, I don't think shadowplay is that great if you want to record voice at the same time. For purely recording game play it's great, but as you aren't given seperate audio files when you record, you're stuck with the volume that your voice was/or others was during the recording as one audio file. Also, this may be just me, but it seems to pick up any other audio, such as music or skype, when recording. 

When making videos you should almost always record with secondary software (like Audacity).