OSX under major attack according to Kaspersky

brownninja97

41899_01_apple-os-users-united-states-fa

Kaspersky were buttering the cucumber when came across some interesting information which is pretty surprising at this point. According to their report around 100,000 people in the USA alone were attacked.

For reference this accounts for 39% of all cyberattacks on OSX ever.

Why is this however, well firstly the user of MAC users is growing albeit slowly however the USA by far has the most MAC users, attack there and get the best results and so this is the result. Sad times indeed for mac users.

Kaspersky are telling people to stop being ignorant and get their bloomin act together and protect yourself, also remain on guard at all times.

Side note: My father is a mac user, you guys should see his face, he doesnt seem too happy that im typing this. 

http://securelist.com/analysis/kaspersky-security-bulletin/68010/kaspersky-security-bulletin-2014-overall-statistics-for-2014/

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41899/apple-os-users-united-states-faced-largest-number-attacks/index.html

this gif explains it all

giphy.gif

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

mac don't have virusses, lel

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Kaspersky are telling people to stop being ignorant

They bought MAC's, what did you expect?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

heh, my friend always tells me how windows is dumb because it can gets viruses

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

tumblr_mysuvgR6OR1r7ocp1o1_500.gif

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

move the sod to linux, end of story.

Listen if you care.

But, but, my privileged tech!

This sounds way too familiar. Didn't something similar happen last year or so with Java or Flash?

with java, its always java

Listen if you care.

At least my dad understands that macs can still get viruses. He hasn't done anything about it mind, so maybe now I can get him to install som antivirus.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

At least my dad understands that macs can still get viruses. He hasn't done anything about it mind, so maybe now I can get him to install som antivirus.

Just make sure he avoids Mac Defender, it has adverts plastered all over the net, and especially on social sites and youtube. It's actually a very nasty piece of Malware.

There's always Avast for Mac if you already prefer it for Windows, just check the settings as it cant rek the speed of an SSD if it's set to continuous scan, and their Webshield uses a Proxy of their own on both OS's for online security checking.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Yay for stereotypes. :|

Shhh... just shhh......

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Reminds me of my friend how gave me around 20 viruses in his thumb stick, and when i told him he didn't believe me becuase macs don't get viruses.

However, macs seem to be almost immune to crapware and bloatware on the filp side.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

im using linux right now and no viruses isnt the only benefit. it boots in about 1/4 of the time as my windows and it uses 25% of cpu watching 4k(windows used 98%) and 1.7GB of ram(windows uses 3.9)

with java, its always java

and that's why i don't have java (or flash) installed at my mac, these two programs aren't worth it most of the time(since it's my school/photography system) and the java on my pc is to max security, wich everybody shall do, java always needs permission.

im using linux right now and no viruses isnt the only benefit. it boots in about 1/4 of the time as my windows and it uses 25% of cpu watching 4k(windows used 98%) and 1.7GB of ram(windows uses 3.9)

long live the holy Unix kernel(same as OSX has) wich windows doesnt use, for some reason( please explain/learn @LukaP )

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Virus attacks = to market share.

Linux = safest OS there is, until it gets big and then whammo. You could also add that many of the hackers hate MS/Apple though, so maybe Linux would never have the attacks those two OS's will.

Also not all people who buy Macs are morons. A lot of people could care less about gaming and have money. Their 27 inch IPS screens are pretty nice (they are from LG after all) and a Imac can look nice sitting on a desk. Mac OS is much better than Windows for a new user imo as well. Mac's first party software is also WAY better than MS's. People who have no idea about how to use a computer can use Imovie and put a movie on youtube with some effects that make them feel like a movie making pro. MS has been behind Mac in this department for a long time.

For us enthusiasts yeah we might use Sony Vegas, but imagine your mom trying to use Sony Vegas...Have fun with that. Add to that enthusiasts can Hackintosh...so while we see zero value in Apple computers, others can see value there. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I've always said, it's only security through obscurity. Well, now it seems that obscurity is fading away.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Excuse me? Still an amazing laptop with great construction and snappy responses and boot times. Pricey? Heck yes. Worth it? Will get back to you in 6 years to see if the investment paid for itself.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Excuse me? Still an amazing laptop with great construction and snappy responses and boot times. Pricey? Heck yes. Worth it? Will get back to you in 6 years to see if the investment paid for itself.

I think they are talking about OSX as a whole, not just the laptops.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Virus attacks = to market share.

Linux = safest OS there is, until it gets big and then whammo. You could also add that many of the hackers hate MS/Apple though, so maybe Linux would never have the attacks those two OS's will.

Also not all people who buy Macs are morons. A lot of people could care less about gaming and have money. Their 27 inch IPS screens are pretty nice (they are from LG after all) and a Imac can look nice sitting on a desk. Mac OS is much better than Windows for a new user imo as well. Mac's first party software is also WAY better than MS's. People who have no idea about how to use a computer can use Imovie and put a movie on youtube with some effects that make them feel like a movie making pro. MS has been behind Mac in this department for a long time.

For us enthusiasts yeah we might use Sony Vegas, but imagine your mom trying to use Sony Vegas...Have fun with that. Add to that enthusiasts can Hackintosh...so while we see zero value in Apple computers, others can see value there. 

So what you're saying here is... I should buy LG IPS monitors.

Responses and boot times = SSD

I won't try convince some1 that will pay for overpriced hardware, so yeah, not even the OS is a reason to buy a mac now.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Yay, and my school still runs OS X 10.6.8 on all of the Macs, I think. And sadly enough I want a Mac.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So what you're saying here is... I should buy LG IPS monitors.

Just saying they are very nice for surfing the internet, or doing photo work where color is important (a lot of people buy macs for this). Want the IMAC LG Panel?

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=10509

There it is. It even has the microphone hole in the glass at the top, or at least it did when it first came out. Maybe they use different glass now. Same exact LG panel. Of course you have to deal with dead pixels bleed and a few possible returns etc. and the IMAC is an all in one. The Imac's aren't HORRIBLE on value (non gaming) when they include that panel. Add to that Apples are A +, this is a A or a A- probably. These are the LG panels Apple rejected. They can still be awesome though. :)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.