Full C: drive backup software recommendation

Crankier

I have recently had a run of bad luck and accidently installed some malicious software on my pc, the end result being me having to reinstall windows. As i never want to go through that unpleasant experience again I would like to have a automatic full backup of C: drive every couple of days. While the backed up files also having some sort of countermeasure to corruption from viruses and the such. because I don't know much about this kinda stuff some recommendations on the type of hard drive and what type method/software I should use would be helpful.

additional features like select file backup would be preferable but isn't necessary.

I have recently had a run of bad luck and accidently installed some malicious software on my pc, the end result being me having to reinstall windows. As i never want to go through that unpleasant experience again I would like to have a automatic full backup of C: drive every couple of days. While the backed up files also having some sort of countermeasure to corruption from viruses and the such. because I don't know much about this kinda stuff some recommendations on the type of hard drive and what type method/software I should use would be helpful.

additional features like select file backup would be preferable but isn't necessary.

Why would you want that? Just back up your personal files with Windows Backup and keep the installers of the programs. Or use the System Image Backup feature in Windows Backup. I assume you're on Windows 7, is that correct?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Why would you want that? Just back up your personal files with Windows Backup and keep the installers of the programs. Or use the System Image Backup feature in Windows Backup. I assume you're on Windows 7, is that correct?

I heard that windows backup is not that good and i'm willing to spend a bit of money on a better program. btw i'm using windows 8.1

• 2 months later...

my personal choice to prevent this kind of thing isn't backup

I use deepfreeze, it's been over 8 years since I first use it

I store all data/games in different drive/partition

and I just lock my C: drive for any changes

it's very effective especially if I want to test new software, if it didn't suite my needs I just restart my pc and it's going back to original state