Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

I always wanted to have a submerged system It just makes me cinge when the oil starts pouring in.

I would love to win the mini ITX kit! I actually first heard about mineral oil pc's from your videos, and thought it seemed like an awesome project. So when I looked up Puget Systems to inquire about buying one, I found out I actually live only a half hour away from their headquarters! Unfortunately they had already stopped selling the kits at that point due to the patent issues. So I would love to win one, especially being the last of them!

I know i'm new to the community here, but if I won the chance to build one of them I would definitely complete a build log with pictures to post my progress as I went.

Sorry Puget about the patent problems :( i would've loved to have a sure chance to own one of your kits. Thanks for the chance, anyways. I would like to win the matx case so wish me luck :D

That is bad for Puget.......

I would like the MATX case, if I can get one....

im ready to submerge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mini ITX please

happy holidays

Dude this is so cool, i'd totally submerge my PC I dont recall anyone talking about how to prep your parts before submerging, since these parts were mostly new to begin with, How could we thoroughly rid the dust from our pc?

Puget, so sorry to hear about the patent trolling, keep being you! Awesome chance for a give away though :3

So sad, was really cool and good idea.

I guess I'd prefer matx but itx would be fine

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I would be honored to have one of Puget's last run of these, the MATX one would be nice, but obviously the MITX would be sick as well. And I would really like to see Puget make a wall mounted "case", they seem to be in the same enthusiast vein as oil cooled machines. 

Hi Linus Crew!,

Long time lurker, and fan! Ive been building my pcs according to NCIX tech tips and Linus Techtips throughout most of my life !  I recently decided to launch myself into business and launched a company called Armada, We are in our first year of business and currently working on setting up a solid structure. We are actually planning to release a 4k  build guide and overview to launch a youtube channel in the following weeks.

My crew and I have been having a discussion about undertaking a project like this for a very long time, We tried to purchase a kit this past week however saw the bad news directly on the website itself ( seriously, I hate trolls ) , We would love to show your our take on the build, with the MTX version , or whatever else may be available. and unveil the entire build as well as the video build at our local lan ETS ( one of the biggest in canada ). It would be a great way to gain coverage, as we will be sponsoring a team at the lan already, and really have some amazing ideas planned out for a mineral oil cooled pc,

That being said, Even if I dont have the opportunity to work with such a wonderful product, thank you for supporting the community, and offering them a chance to truly develop something amazing. Its been a pleasure to watch everyone at Linustechtips create content , and I will continue to wake up around 6am local time to watch your videos.

Thanks

Nick

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old,but building the new."-Socrates

*Live Long and prosper*

Much love Pudget! Salty failed business ventures be trolling. Hope to see some new stuff for mineral cooled PC's in the future.

O.o but... now we'll have to ghetto it... :((( I was planning on buying one sometime early 2015 and now I hear this :| Sadness. (prefer the MATX kit, though I didn't buy the parts yet, so a mini ITX will work too)

Don't let it get you guys down. Keep on doing you Puget. 

Would love that mAtx version.

Puget Systems, From following Linus building his personal rig using your products, it has definitely piqued my interest as to how the oil is a better coolant than air and water. I am terribly sorry that a patent troll ruined a project for you, and I definitely hope that you will eventually be able to pursue your project at some point in the future.

Hey, I'd love an ITX one. I have a plan for a little show piece HTPC and was gutted to hear about the patent troll not long after seeing the first video.

I would love to have one of these mineral oil kits. This is exactly the sort of project that I am really interested in. I wan't something that is a bit of a challenge and that just looks different. I would prefer the Micro ATX version of the case. It is a shame that Puget Systems is no longer allowed to sell these. 

Wow it's so sad that they got patent trolled, and it's amazing that they are offering to give their extra inventory away to make some enthusiasts happy. They seem to be a really cool company and it's so sad some people are just inherently mean enough to mess with great computer enthusiasts.

Best of luck to everyone else entering the contest,

and best of luck to Puget

CPU i7 5960X | Motherboard GIGABYTE X99-UD3P | RAM Ballistix 4x8gb DDR4 2400mhz | GPU GTX 980 Ti (6gb) | Case Master Case 5 | Storage 2x Crucial 250gb SSD (raid 0) | PSU Corsair HX1000i | Display(s) Samsung 23" 1080p+2x Samsung 22" 1080p | Cooling Corsair H100i v2  | Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Stealth Chroma | Mouse Razer Deathadder | Operating System Windows 10

I would love a kit for this, about 8 years ago I was trying to build one out of an old fish tank but I ran in to so many problems (most of which you all covered in the video, I was shaking my head yes a lot lol)

I would use a smaller system like this for steam big picture mode of a TV because something like this would be too cool to hide away in a office or bedroom.

Back then I was gonna use a stock cooler with two fans one directly down on the heat sink and the other forcing the flow to the in take of the radiator on the side of it (like stock amd HSF of 2006/2007.)

Beyond that how do you patent this concept? It's a fish tank with an acrylic ATX (open standard) motherboard tray. I just want to see their patent documents because I would be tempted to donate to them for legal support, I just call B.S. too. What are they the Apple of oil PCs?

If I'm not selected I hope who ever gets them post lots of pictures because when they work and are done right they are a spectacle to behold.

Sad times, such a crappy move. I hate it when a good company suffers due o patent trolling.

Yet for the las two years fake nvidia gtx650s have been on eBay and nobody gives a flipping flickety flick

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

I've been interested in a submerged build ever since I saw slick's old build a couple years ago. Back then I didn't have the time or know how to accomplish something like that. I'm extremely interested in building with the mATX version of this kit.