Mineral Oil PC Kit Giveaway

Sorry this happened, Puget. Shame that you guys can't do legitimate business with those kits anymore. The videos LTT are making were sparking my interest in mineral oil builds. Shame I can't get one from you guys now.

would it be fine to say id be okay with either size?

But Mini-ITX would be nice

EDIT: Well buying mineral oil would be an issue before the 19th... Considering my birthday's on 20th, there's not enough money to flow around.

Wow that's incredibly unfortunate :( Sorry guys over at Puget, I hope everything works out for you. 

edit: If I win, choose someone else. I was only leaving the comment to show my empathy towards Puget and I cannot afford nor do I have the desire to do a mineral cooled PC.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I'm totally in love with Mineral Oil setup. I liked the Mineral Oil setup by @Slick. Now it got me so much interest when it is being build by @LinusTech! I'd love to have one! :)

@nickimg : but I'm from India! :/

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

It's really a shame that everybody can't just get along... 

Anyway, I've wanted to build a mineral oil pc for a long time, but...I just never really got around to it since I didn't want something too ghetto, and I'm not particularly handy when it comes to making wood/metal/other 'things'; and the coolness factor of a mineral oil pc wasn't enough for me to rationalize the cost of a pre-fabbed tank/kit. 

mATX would be my preference :) 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I think that an ATX model is preferable. 

The concept of oil cooling seems very interesting, I used to think that it requires a heavily modded aquarium, but the fact that a company manufactures cases for the purpose gives me great interest in the subject.

(not an entry, I forgot to clarify, I am absolutely disorganized and am constantly changing out parts like drives and RAM.)

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Never mind just watched the video its for USA and Canada only 

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

That totally sucks about the patent case. It's not easy to fight even if you're right without having money.

Would be pretty awesome to build a mineral oil cooled mini itx server though! If I had one I'd totally make it spongebob themed (assuming there are fish tank kits with his pineapple house and what not.). :D

Sad and depressing seeing what happens to legitimate, good companies....

I'm not really in a situation to build a mineral oil rig, good luck to everyone else. 

System: Thinkpad T460

That's incredibly disappointing. I wish the best for Puget. I was hoping to save up for one of the m-ITX mineral systems case, but I'm saddened that it might not be a possibility. I'll still purchase a Puget Systems case when I have funds to as to show my support. I wish you guys the best and that you continue rocking what you're doing!

hmmm...

christmas presents for my family, or mineral oil and pc parts?

decisions

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Sad and  depressing to see what happens to legitimate, good companies...

Stupid patent trolls...

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Wow... they cited you in their patent and you still got screwed... I hate some laws sometimes.

I'd never really thought about doing a mineral oil build, mainly due to the complications of it, but because of this nicely designed kit, it is doable for anyone with basic computer building knowledge.  Would I go out and do this on my own without a kit?  No.  But if I had a kit such as the one in the video, I would proudly, and promptly build a PC to show off.

I think the allure of mineral oil cooling is the look of it.  The temperatures are nice and all, but the creativity and freedom behind it is so much more unique than a traditional chassis.  When those bubbles turned on in the video Linus did, that was the "wow" moment for me. It really went from PC to art. The customization that you can do with adding rocks, or castle, or whatever would be the fun part for me.  I would prefer mATX, but I will gladly accept whatever is available and buy the necessary size motherboard to fit the kit.  Luckily I already have some spare PC parts, so doing this would not be that much of an expenditure, and I would love to share my creation with the LTT community.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

mitx please and this is so dumb F-in trolls

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

IMPORTANT NOTE

If you are lucky enough to win one of these kits, you MUST provide us with proof of purchase for mineral oil BEFORE the kit will be shipped to you. These are four of the last kits available from Puget, and they are only going to be given away to community members who are serious about building a mineral oil PC.

It sucks when innovation and purely awesome products get removed due to some patent trolls :(

I would be building a mini-ITX system, as I have already hand-built a Micro-Atx Intel pentium 2 system in a 10 gallon fishtank filled with vegetable oil. Their systems were an inspiration for this project. But because of the less than awesome parts, and limited budget - I dumped gallons of veggie oil from costco in there:

4468_1168099603665_699769_n.jpg?oh=c41a1

That said.... Does proof of purchase of vegetable oil count? Sure, I'll grab some mineral oil if I win.... but just checking :)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I would love doing a mineral oiled PC using one pf their kits, the only problem is that I'm from Sweden :(

Dont consider this as an entry since mineral oil is not my thing. Too much work for me. Just wanted to post some words for Puget

Gotta hate those patent trolls. I hope that Puget finds a solution soon and can resume production in the future. If not, I hope you can continue to create unique kits like these for enthusiast. You guys are real PC enthusiast and have helped people make their dreams become a reality. I hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Thats a damn shame, if I win one of the cases I guess that will be the next challenge I will endeavour, it would be a interesting opportunity.

I think i'd go mITX

*Move's to America/Canada while giveaway is on*

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Heck yeah. For some reason, I was more pumped about this build than the Whole-Room-Watercooled-Setup. The last time I looked at Puget Systems, the mineral oil cooled MATX case wasn't even out. Now, this looks like a beast. Both clear and aesthetically pleasing, I love it. For me, I would choose the MATX case if you're wondering. Gotta hate dem patent trolls right ;) F*cking wankers.

[Europe resident here/ NOT entering the contest]
It's sad to hear about what happened to Puget Systems, but the giveaway is very cool. Most of us doesn't want to build a mineral oil PC, so i guess the people who really want to do this will have better chances. This is really cool !

Wow, really terrible reason for a giveaway.  Really does make me sad seeing a company like Puget have to deal with this.  I built a mineral oil cooled computer for a school project a few years ago, and would love to do it again, but correctly this time. (Plus I still have left over oil because I bought too much...)

photo+2.JPG

What I built almost 3 years ago:

final+2.jpg

(mitx plz)

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)