Who has the most underkill setups for intended use

EllieThePurpleFuzzy

Until last year where i build my pc, I had a toshiba laptop l770-14n with a i3 4gb ram and a hd3000 gpu for video editing and gaming :D

i used to game on my GT610.

GT610_Box__33192.1406623234.1280.1280.jp

I tried playing hearthstone on a 9500 gt with dual core phenom, low settings, 1600x1080, a smooth 24 fps with dips to 1 whenever things moved a little too fast or on menu transitions

I used a HD 5450 to set up my rig before i got the GTX 980

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

My old daily driver (which was recently removed). A Celeron M 723 for 1080p video editing? 

Dude, u stole MY IDEA.

but anyway, nice thread

Just turned it the other way around ;D.

but i noticed there isnt much talk about underkill setups.

it's usually overkill setups like Gaming PC's with 4930K's and such.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Just turned it the other way around ;D.

but i noticed there isnt much talk about underkill setups.

it's usually overkill setups like Gaming PC's with 4930K's and such.

IKR, ive got a 5820K and GTX 980 (both overclocked by me).

Anyway, keep up the great threads and hope u stay at LTT for the foreseeable future). 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Me: My laptop (given to my mum when i built my gaming rig: Pentium T440 2.2Ghz, and 4GB RAM, couldnt even word process on that piece of junk as I lost a 500 word essay when that bloody thing decided to freeze and crash. 

Parents: 10 year old desktop: P4 2.4Ghz and 2GB RAM (flagship for its time), replaced by my rig, which they occasionally use). 

I actually have a story like this aswell :D

I had a Medion 500€Pc at the time; Athlon x2 7750BE, ATI HD 4300, 4gb of memory and some crappy motherboard.

The athlon survived 4 years pretty much constantly under full load and the part that worries me until now is that i looked into the computer 4 years after i bought it and ohh shit. The stock AMD Heatsink was completly filled with dust, the amount of dust stacked on top of the cooler about 1-2 centimeter. 

It was no problem bringing the CPU to 120+°C, after i removed just some of the dust ontop of it it never went above 40°C under full load :D.

Athlon X2's seem to be the real monsters, nevemind 5960x's and FX 9590's xD. they take a battering like a boss.

i dont know if this would be rated in underkill setups but is it me or people REALLY underrate i5's when it comes to stuff people say i7's are for? my friend has a 3570K, not overclocked and it does streaming and photoshop tasks really well :D.

oh and for underkill.

video sharing, playing tf2 on a single core Celeron M900 running that big hog called windows vista.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Athlon X2's seem to be the real monsters, nevemind 5960x's and FX 9590's xD. they take a battering like a boss.

i dont know if this would be rated in underkill setups but is it me or people REALLY underrate i5's when it comes to stuff people say i7's are for? my friend has a 3570K, not overclocked and it does streaming and photoshop tasks really well :D.

oh and for underkill.

video sharing, playing tf2 on a single core Celeron M900 running that big hog called windows vista.

It was a huge bottleneck for the HD 6670 i got after that xD. I never got more than 30fps in black ops II with the athlon and the 6670 later i got my xeon still rocking the 6670 until i got a gtx 760 and got 100+ xD.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

i used to have a laptop with an AMD E-300 AND 2GB of RAM. i played TF2, GMod, Minecraft and some other things on it. i also edited and rendered videos in sony vegas pro. sometimes i would have to leave my laptop running overnight to render a video; one time i think a render of a 20 minute video took 15+ hours :P unfortunately it died earlier this year when I spilled tap water on it. yeah.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | MOBO: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate | RAM: Crucial Ballistix XT Sport 8GB | STORAGE: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB SSD + Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue HDD | GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 | CASE: Corsair 200R | PSU: Corsair CX500M 500W | KEYBOARD + MOUSE: E-Blue Cobra Combatant-X Gaming Keyboard + E-Blue Cobra Type-M Mouse

I have (temporarily) Radeon 3000 series Motherboard graphics for gaming, With a 900p monitor

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

This:

c2ee10c6f0.jpg

Details here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/280322-introducing-the-worlds-worst-tablet-ft-touchmate-rainbow-18-months-after/

Purpose: web browsing, general media consumption, note taking, etc.

It can't even play 720p video or flac properly... nor can it browse the web reliably...

Edit: The keyboard and mouse are PS/2 attached to a PS/2 to USB adapter connected to the tablet via USB OTG... which is unplugged in the pic...

Edit2:

I can't believe I forgot about Yui (specs in sig)... She's an eMachines D732Z with 4GB RAM for light 720p gaming (Assassin's Creed and other older titles) and 1080p video rendering... and emulation... Also used her as a web server for one of my subjects...

I use a Toshiba satillite to play mostly any game that can run. Never attempted to download half my steam library to try.

untill november this year i gamed on a amd a4 3300m apu with 6 gb ram for the cpu and gpu combined and used that to play on a 1080 screen while i had chrome open on the build in display

nexus 7 2012. Runs ubuntu in dual boot with android, I use it for coding on the go, often with some pretty intensive multitasking with chromium and other stuff running, I run doom 3 at 1280x720 in android, dosbox emulation, youtube playback, high resolution movies. And ghetto shield streaming.

/thread?

-edit- well, apparently @DigitalHermit beat me to it, even though his use for it is more limited ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I thought my pre-built Pentium G645T 8GB RAM was a bit rubbish...

Thank you.

Wardojack.

nexus 7 2012. Runs ubuntu in dual boot with android, I use it for coding on the go, often with some pretty intensive multitasking with chromium and other stuff running, I run doom 3 at 1280x720 in android, dosbox emulation, youtube playback, high resolution movies. And ghetto shield streaming.

/thread?

-edit- well, apparently @DigitalHermit beat me to it, even though his use for it is more limited ^^

I tried to game on it... Buttery smooth 15-24 fps for Fruit Ninja...

Lol. You're saying that like he's Kim Jong-Un xD

The forums are going to be taken down now, because you just offended the "supreme leadership".

RIP Forum

I know of a few people at my school using low-mid end HP/Dell/Acer/etc Laptops with integrated graphics for Arma II, DayZ, Borderlands 2, etc.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates