Assetto Corsa?

as96

Has anyone tried Assetto Corsa? I wanted to buy it a few months ago but I was waiting for it to go out of early access, but it's still not complete, so should I buy it now? 

Is worth the full price? or should I wait for a sale? or it's a complete waste of money?

(I use a Logitech Driving Force GT)

It's OK, there's still tons of stuff that needs to be finished the last time I played it though.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I love it. I have played Gran Tourismo on my PS3 for a while and wanted something to use my Driving Force GT on the PC with.

It is a lot of fun just driving around, not even doing races, but just trying to get the best laps and doing so with the harder to drive cars. Yes it is still in development, but you might be able to get a copy for as little as 27 EUR. For that money it was definitely worth it. You should however have a wheel of any kind. I really don't like the keyboard experience with that game.

A great thing is that they are laser-scanning all tracks, so every bump you feel while driving is real. They also will keep on adding cars in the future. Can't wait for AUDI. ;-)

If you got any questions, shoot.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

I love it. I have played Gran Tourismo on my PS3 for a while and wanted something to use my Driving Force GT on the PC with.

It is a lot of fun just driving around, not even doing races, but just trying to get the best laps and doing so with the harder to drive cars. Yes it is still in development, but you might be able to get a copy for as little as 27 EUR. For that money it was definitely worth it. You should however have a wheel of any kind. I really don't like the keyboard experience with that game.

A great thing is that they are laser-scanning all tracks, so every bump you feel while driving is real. They also will keep on adding cars in the future. Can't wait for AUDI. ;-)

If you got any questions, shoot.

Thank you for the answer, I have a Driving Force GT too  :D.

I really like it. Bought it last week at kinguin. The current state is a release candidate and I haven't found any bugs or encountered any crashes. Graphics and sounds are awesome. Car physics as well. Track and car selection is good but not great. But you can easily add mods and there are already some very good. I added a few cars and tracks of astonishing quality (same as the game itself). From what I read and saw there's a lot more community created content coming. Using a logitech g27 and really can't complain.

I think now's the time to jump in. The price will probably increase with the release.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

The current state is a release candidate and I haven't found any bugs or encountered any crashes.

Actually I think they said they are basically done with features. They will just keep on pushing content. Game is perfectly stable. And with new VSR from AMD it looks very very very good!

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

I really like it. Bought it last week at kinguin. The current state is a release candidate and I haven't found any bugs or encountered any crashes. Graphics and sounds are awesome. Car physics as well. Track and car selection is good but not great. But you can easily add mods and there are already some very good. I added a few cars and tracks of astonishing quality (same as the game itself). From what I read and saw there's a lot more community created content coming. Using a logitech g27 and really can't complain.

I think now's the time to jump in. The price will probably increase with the release.

Thank you, should i wait for the winter sale on steam or get it now?

It is a lot of fun just driving around, not even doing races, but just trying to get the best laps and doing so with the harder to drive cars. 

Indeed. Check out this map :

mIMNKlB.jpg

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lake-louise-loop-road-22-8-km-mountain-epic-beta-1-6-graphics-update.13505/

I love to drive this map with a classic lamborghini / cobra / alfa. (Cobra is already in the game others are mods).

Thank you, should i wait for the winter sale on steam or get it now?

Hard to say because we don't know whether it will be part of the holiday sale or not. I paid 25€ last week. It's a new game so I doubt the discount will be a huge one in a sale. So I got it at kinguin the usual 25% steam sale discount. So in the end it might be sale price or close to it. But have in mind, it's all speculation ;).

In the end the game is worth it. 

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

Has anyone tried Assetto Corsa? I wanted to buy it a few months ago but I was waiting for it to go out of early access, but it's still not complete, so should I buy it now? 

Is worth the full price? or should I wait for a sale? or it's a complete waste of money?

(I use a Logitech Driving Force GT)

Its pretty awesome, what i can say about Assetto corsa is that it is has the best tire model so far, the friction effects are pretty good. The damage kinda works but its still pretty buggy and needs some work. To be honest the game is pretty close to being finished, they are adding more cars for free every few updates and it has one monster of a modding community which has pretty much overthrown the rfactor modding scene altogether. 

The carrier mode is meh at the moment but its only a placeholder and its very easy to add to the carriers. I will warn you that the AI isnt very good, it seems extremely hard for the casual racer however once you get the hang of the model you will soon find out that the AI is lacking. The sound is improving slowly but surely, that sound is great but there is only a small amount of bass. 

The graphics are pretty insane with how awesome it is and the optimization is up there with the best.

The physics are one if not the best, they are very close to the best physics ever which is a tie between Rfactor 2 and Assetto corsa, it comes down to what you prefer

Multiplayer could be a problem not because of the game but the community has some bad drivers. Google first turn pile up.

There is a lot of customizing that you can do in the pits and you turn on or off all of the standard helpers. 

Night and rain is coming in the future, they are doing that so that because they know that rain looks nice but its hell to deal with and people end up not using it. 

its a great buy, due to the modding it will last for many years. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Indeed. Check out this map :

I love to drive this map with a classic lamborghini / cobra / alfa. (Cobra is already in the game others are mods).

Thank you for posting that. Downloading right now. ;-)

Ok, I'll see if it goes on sale soon, if it doesn't I'm going to buy it full price

http://gk4.me/en/steam/1350-assetto-corsa.html

Been happy with that site so far. And it is fairly cheap.

I would not recommend buying in to Early Access unless you're happy with the quality of the playable product as-is. There have been Early Access failures, so keep that in mind. If it's as great as it sounds, it will be even better when it's released.

A must have game for simjunkie. Most probably will got on sale later this month.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I have it and use a g25, great game.

CPU: 4690k - 4.5@1.29v  GPU: GTX 780ti - core +100 / Mem+350 Motherboard: Asus Z97-A  SSD: 256Gb 840 Evo HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB  RAM: Corsair Vengance Pro 2x4Gb  Case: White H440  PSU: RM850  Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60

Its pretty awesome, what i can say about Assetto corsa is that it is has the best tire model so far, the friction effects are pretty good. The damage kinda works but its still pretty buggy and needs some work. To be honest the game is pretty close to being finished, they are adding more cars for free every few updates and it has one monster of a modding community which has pretty much overthrown the rfactor modding scene altogether. 

The carrier mode is meh at the moment but its only a placeholder and its very easy to add to the carriers. I will warn you that the AI isnt very good, it seems extremely hard for the casual racer however once you get the hang of the model you will soon find out that the AI is lacking. The sound is improving slowly but surely, that sound is great but there is only a small amount of bass. 

The graphics are pretty insane with how awesome it is and the optimization is up there with the best.

The physics are one if not the best, they are very close to the best physics ever which is a tie between Rfactor 2 and Assetto corsa, it comes down to what you prefer

Multiplayer could be a problem not because of the game but the community has some bad drivers. Google first turn pile up.

There is a lot of customizing that you can do in the pits and you turn on or off all of the standard helpers. 

Night and rain is coming in the future, they are doing that so that because they know that rain looks nice but its hell to deal with and people end up not using it. 

its a great buy, due to the modding it will last for many years. 

Pretty much agree with everything said here. I've got about 36 hours in on the game and it's one of, if not, my favorite racing sim I've tried thus far.

I echo the fact that the damage is lacking, but I honestly don't care much, so long as the vehicle physics are as real as possible. I'd rather they concentrate on making the cars handle right instead of wasting time on cosmetic damage etc. 

But yeah, for early access it is very polished. I bought into the game quite a while back and at the time they had very few cars and tracks, so I took a risk, but it was definitely worth it in the end and it's definitely worth it now if you're into these types of games. Make sure you're at least running an i5 and a beefy GPU as it's also quite demanding. With a full field of 24 opponent cars it gives my i5 a hefty workout on all four cores. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Pretty much agree with everything said here. I've got about 36 hours in on the game and it's one of, if not, my favorite racing sim I've tried thus far.

I echo the fact that the damage is lacking, but I honestly don't care much, so long as the vehicle physics are as real as possible. I'd rather they concentrate on making the cars handle right instead of wasting time on cosmetic damage etc. 

But yeah, for early access it is very polished. I bought into the game quite a while back and at the time they had very few cars and tracks, so I took a risk, but it was definitely worth it in the end and it's definitely worth it now if you're into these types of games. Make sure you're at least running an i5 and a beefy GPU as it's also quite demanding. With a full field of 24 opponent cars it gives my i5 a hefty workout on all four cores. ;)

Well its definitely not cpu bound because i max the game out with my i3 2120 + 7870xt at around 70fps. There are drops every now and then but at the moment it is very well optimised. Then i tried project cars which looks slightly better and gives me a grand total of 9fps

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well its definitely not cpu bound because i max the game out with my i3 2120 + 7870xt at around 70fps. There are drops every now and then but at the moment it is very well optimised. Then i tried project cars which looks slightly better and gives me a grand total of 9fps

Lel nuub, in pCars i get 12FPS!  /s

Agreed with AC a very well optimized game. I use to race online with 15-20 cars and still get over 60fps all the time, not max out btw.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Its the best racing game I have ever played.

I am going to compare how Assetto Corsa is with another racing game that isnt 100% finished at the moment.

Assetto Corsa > Project cars (in terms of gamplay and physics only).

Even though Assetto is pretty much out of early access now, the Physics, FFB, tire model, and even track accuracy is far better than project cars (my opinion). That aspect of project cars has improved though with in the last month, but Assetto beats it out. The graphics are not as good to Project cars though, but they have improved a fair bit since 1.0RC of Assetto. Assetto is also lacking in official content at the moment, with cars and tracks still been made by the dev. There are at least 5 cars coming at some point just for Toyota, including the Iconic AE86, and its modern day version; the GT86. Kunos have also laser scanned the nurburgring nordschleife, and that should be appearing in game at some point also. For now, most people are using the mod version by Snoopy. Just for this future addition alone, it is very much worth it to buy Assetto Corsa. Kunos also made the racing game "netkar pro", which is considered by a lot of people; to be the best commercial racing sim ever made. 

Note; I have played both Assetto Corsa and Project cars, I have been playing them for quite a while now with both racing wheels and a game pad. My comparisons are not blind ones based on other peoples videos, but on my own personal experience with those two titles. My views are not expressive of these two communities, or the dev teams behind the two games. My views on project cars to my knowledge, are not shared with anyone else from the Project cars community. Most people are hyping it up to a missive extent, but to me it feels like another need for speed shift 2. Though it is moving away from that feel as time goes on. I feel I have to put this, because whenever I put my opinion down for project cars; I am met with fanboy rage and threats to my life. The graphics for Project cars are some of the best I have seen however, if not the best for a racing game. It takes a strong setup to max everything out, and to keep over 60fps. It appears well optimized, and runs well on lesser hardware with a basic graphics card. For a while I was running it on a Phenom x4 and a 5/6 yearold ATI graphics card (forgot the exact version, but only had 512mb of GDDR3), and 4gb of DDR2. With everything turned down on the lowest settings, it did run, and this was very early on in the crowdfunding phase for the game. I have also run it on an FX4300 and a GT630 2GB GDDR3, and 8gb of DDR3, and was playable at low settings. I do have a GTX780 now though ( yes, it is coupled with an FX4300, no I dont have issues playing the games I play. My pc was originally built on a budget of £330 over a year ago, and the original build was out of necessity. The GTX780 was the first step in upgrading to stronger hardware)

Conclusion: Assetto Corsa is worth a purchase, even now and at full price in my opinion. But it never hurts to wait for a sale either. I will also say that project cars will also be worth a purchase come March 2015, even though in October of this year, I felt it was in an unenjoyable state. This has since changed. Definitely worth a look when it releases though, as it has improved in the past month; and I am now enjoying it.

I'm playing corsa every day now. And I loving it. It is the best car simulation on the market in this moment. pCARS have better graphics but worse optimization. Physics engine is better on corsa. But moding scene for corsa is fantastic. You can find a lot of custom cars and custom tracks, graphics filters etc. And game don't look too much worse compare to  pCARS:

a3kiwcua5h9kcjlzg.jpg

anphwv4bx2qn8jmfg.jpg

xdf7j757r377l35zg.jpg

c0blzjrxdmh91c0zg.jpg

yq68g2jd76pxyzlzg.jpg

yco31vf12f9z1o4zg.jpg

Custom tracks that I recommend:

Yes Marina Circuit

Watkins Glen

TT Circuit Assena

Tsukuba

Trial Mountain Reverse - Pravo cool staza.

Transfagarasan DN7C

Salzburgring

Suzuka

Road ATLANTA

Paul Ricard

Magny-cours

Longford 67

Circuit de la Sarthe

Laguna Seca

Interlagos 0.5

Hungaroring

Hockenheim v0.6 old

Gentrack

Fuji International Speedway

Donington National/GP

Brands Hatch

Blackwood

Barcelona

Autumn Ring

Aosta GRand Sport 2.0

Algarve International Circuit 

Albert park

You can find a lot of custom stuff on this link:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

I'm not talking about graphics settings, I'm talking about a high number of AI vehicles. Try running with 24 cars on one of the larger tracks and monitor your CPU core usage.

It is definitely better optimized now than it was in it's earlier stages though.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I'm playing corsa every day now. And I loving it. It is the best car simulation on the market in this moment. pCARS have better graphics but worse optimization. Physics engine is better on corsa. But moding scene for corsa is fantastic. You can find a lot of custom cars and custom tracks, graphics filters etc. And game don't look too much worse compare to  pCARS:

a3kiwcua5h9kcjlzg.jpg

anphwv4bx2qn8jmfg.jpg

xdf7j757r377l35zg.jpg

c0blzjrxdmh91c0zg.jpg

yq68g2jd76pxyzlzg.jpg

yco31vf12f9z1o4zg.jpg

Custom tracks that I recommend:

Yes Marina Circuit

Watkins Glen

TT Circuit Assena

Tsukuba

Trial Mountain Reverse - Pravo cool staza.

Transfagarasan DN7C

Salzburgring

Suzuka

Road ATLANTA

Paul Ricard

Magny-cours

Longford 67

Circuit de la Sarthe

Laguna Seca

Interlagos 0.5

Hungaroring

Hockenheim v0.6 old

Gentrack

Fuji International Speedway

Donington National/GP

Brands Hatch

Blackwood

Barcelona

Autumn Ring

Aosta GRand Sport 2.0

Algarve International Circuit 

Albert park

You can find a lot of custom stuff on this link:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

Forgive me, but I'm a little skeptical about the mods to Assetto. Are people bringing car models into the game from other racing sims? How are they getting the specific vehicle physics correct? or are they just overlaying the model(skin) over another vehicle that's already in the game?

Same thing with tracks, where are they getting them from?

There's a ton of work that goes into getting the physics for a specific vehicle to be accurate. Personally, I prefer authenticity and by that I mean if there's a car in a game, I want it to be as close to life as possible, not just there for the sake of being an option. If it's not properly authentic, then it takes away from the game, IMO. Same thing with tracks.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

One thing, authentic not exist in 100% in the games..

What do you think how developers form the games do that stuff ? Yes, some of them do GPS scan of the tracks, but some of them dont. Same thing with mod community.  Some of them use old GPS scan tracks from older games and the use precise layout  with new graphics. Some ppl create tracks from the zero. 

There is a lot of custom tracks that not exist in the real world, and what is wrong with that ??

I saw better tracks in the Corsa then in the F1 codemasters games. 

And same stuff with the cars. Do you really think developers have access to all cars ? To drive them on the limit  on the track to figure it out how it handles ? In a many many situation, they r just guessing  about authentic physics like a guys who create mode's. And on top of that, there is physics engine. 

Long story short, some of modes are good, some of them need more work. You can try them but a lot of them are fantastic! Take a look that R8, it is custom made model, it is not from Kunos, and it looks gr8: 

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/e0b9/4ta1fbbeb1vk4iczg.jpg?size_id=9

Miura is fantastic and it is a mode to:

All 'n all, it is a video game. It is hard to import real world stuff that feel like in real world.