Lenovo Ideacenter Q190 for HTPC?

beannsterr

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883265838&cm_re=Lenovo_IdeaCentre_Q190-_-83-265-838-_-Product

Anyone have any experiences of this? Or recommend any other type of players that can play DTS and MKV's? I currently run Roku 3 and WD TV live, but I sometime run into no video or sometimes no audio, and I ended up converting my movies again.

Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883265838&cm_re=Lenovo_IdeaCentre_Q190-_-83-265-838-_-Product

Anyone have any experiences of this? Or recommend any other type of players that can play DTS and MKV's? I currently run Roku 3 and WD TV live, but I sometime run into no video or sometimes no audio, and I ended up converting my movies again.

Thanks!

Zotac Pico PC which is powered by the quad core Atom and it has Windows 8.1

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Personally, at that price, you'd almost be better off saving another $100-150 and buying either an Intel NUC/Gigabyte BRIX or  :o MacMini. I'm just sayin', for around $500 you get a lot more of a capable computer that you can just throw XBMC/KODI.tv on and voila!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Thanks for the feedback! I think Zotac Pico is a little on my price range, also it looks like Intel NUC are almost barebones and will cost more for me to add SSD or HDD. It's really just a straight forward media player I want since I have a USB HDD where I keep all of my movies in.

Anyone have experience on playing 1080p movies on any of these devices? Lenovo Ideacenter, Zotac Pico, Intel NUC, Gigabyte brix, etc?

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! I think Zotac Pico is a little on my price range, also it looks like Intel NUC are almost barebones and will cost more for me to add SSD or HDD. It's really just a straight forward media player I want since I have a USB HDD where I keep all of my movies in.

Anyone have experience on playing 1080p movies on any of these devices? Lenovo Ideacenter, Zotac Pico, Intel NUC, Gigabyte brix, etc?

Thanks!

should be no issues even if the Zotac only use HD graphics

I use VLC for all my media playback

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.