I tired this at pax, the key caps and travel distance makes it feel really wierd

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I tired this at pax, the key caps and travel distance makes it feel really wierd

Agreed. I didn't like it, at all. I liked what they were trying to do, but there's a small problem. The Novatouch series from CM Storm does it a lot better, and without, the... well, everything else I don't like about the G910.

The Novatouch to me represents the best halfway between Mech and Rubber Dome, and I can happily recommend someone to buy it blindly if they've never tried it, but might be put off by some of the Cherry MX switches out there. It's not stupidly big, it's not over the top flashy, and it's also not very expensive, which to me those 3 points the Logitech G910 does well, but it's not necessarily a good thing. RGB keys, I understand the appeal, but the printing on those keys are a little too "gamer", more "gamer" than Razers printing IMHO.

But, at the end of the day, I'm not really sure what people were expecting. Ultimately, you can't re-invent the wheel, ya-know?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Just reinforcing my decision to buy a K70 as my next keyboard, thanks Linus.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

Thanks @nicklmg!

this keyboard look cool but also cheesy at the same time. I wonder how the switches feel.

I hope if they make a G910+ they fix those keycaps and make the stems Cherry MX compatible. I would buy this except I can see what Linus said about the keys an that's probably *one* of the only things holding me back from buying it.

They feel alright. I used it at Bestbuy, and it feels like it takes less force to push down than a brown(my opinion just got into mechanical keyboards, so i don't know much)

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

I wonder why they don't just make the + sign under the cap a industry standard. That would make life so much easier and also be another selling point to get the keyboard, if you like swapping keycaps. Unless the design forbids them some how to have it.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Logitech keyboards are junk. I'm interested in the switches, but they are junk.

The g710's keycaps will crack with normal typing for example. 

I have always like their mice, though I am a bit worried on their direction for thier mice in recent times, I still use a g600 and love it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

THANK YOU

for actually talking about the switches (and typing experience)

all the reviews/forum posts are just talking about the RGB lighting and profiles and NOTHING else - made me want to throw something

Logitech should built a gaming keyboard based on their wave design, that thing is comfortable as hell.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

It looks kinda neat. Too bad about the keycaps though.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

I've heard from other reviewers that the keycaps take a few weeks to get used to, and that the intent of the design was to make it more difficult to accidentally hit an adjacent key. I've never tried it myself, so it's hard to say. I can kind of understand why the keycaps aren't identical across the board - it seems like they're supposed to differentiate between left hand and right hand keys, but then again, that's what the bump on F and J are for.

I've heard a lot of Romer-G switches, and I was eager to try them, but I think I might wait for Logitech's next iteration. The backlighting here seems so much better than Corsair, and while I'm sure I could understand Corsair's software in time, I really don't want to spend that much time learning it.

Still, what boggles my mind about the G910 is the wristrest (and the inability to go without a wristrest because of the frame left behind), and the fact that the profile buttons and media keys are an unchangeable blue and orange. I thought the whole point of an RGB keyboard was to match the style of your setup, but forcing you to use blue and orange on your keyboard? Blech.

I wonder why they don't just make the + sign under the cap a industry standard. That would make life so much easier and also be another selling point to get the keyboard, if you like swapping keycaps. Unless the design forbids them some how to have it.

Well, Kailh, Cherry MX, and Razer switches (I think razer switches anyway) use the "+" stem, the issue here is that they wanted the light to be coming from the center of the switch thereby eliminating backlight bleed -- and I get a feeling that a closed switch with a clear stem would have some issues thereby making this the "only" approach to eliminate bleed. 

Logitech keyboards are junk. I'm interested in the switches, but they are junk.

The g710's keycaps will crack with normal typing for example. 

I have always like their mice, though I am a bit worried on their direction for thier mice in recent times, I still use a g600 and love it. 

I don't really see a worrisome direction for their mice. 

Logitech should built a gaming keyboard based on their wave design, that thing is comfortable as hell.

I loved my old wave keyboard....at least until I got sick of the spacebar often being a bitch to actuate, and the non-smooth nature of dome switches... 

I've heard from other reviewers that the keycaps take a few weeks to get used to, and that the intent of the design was to make it more difficult to accidentally hit an adjacent key. I've never tried it myself, so it's hard to say. I can kind of understand why the keycaps aren't identical across the board - it seems like they're supposed to differentiate between left hand and right hand keys, but then again, that's what the bump on F and J are for.

Still, what boggles my mind about the G910 is the wristrest (and the inability to go without a wristrest because of the frame left behind), and the fact that the profile buttons and media keys are an unchangeable blue and orange. I thought the whole point of an RGB keyboard was to match the style of your setup, but forcing you to use blue and orange on your keyboard? Blech.

I can understand the rationale behind the keycaps they used...but it looks like the ridges are WAY to high -- to the point where they become more of a nuisance than a benefit. And yea...I'm not sure whats wrong with Logitech, including a no wrist-rest option and a normal wrist rest option would be so much smarter of a design choice -- and they still insist on sticking orange onto keyboards that have no business having orange on it....I finally thought they learned their lesson when they released the G710 (non +), but apparently not... 

More thn anything else, I think the biggest issue with this keyboard is the membrane like switches Linus point out right at the beginning where he said that the keys aren't really smooth -- they require varying degrees of force depending on where you are in the key-stroke. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Looks ugly. Too much of a mish mash of different things.  But then someone may love it and to each their own.

Hey Linus,

Your intros have become too long! You roll the intro-video after only 50 seconds!

I understand that you need more time to tease the upcoming content (which I like), but please keep it short.

Luke does a better job at intros IMHO...

Apart from that, I loved the video :)

Well, the switch's sound like they could be interesting, but.. that keyboard.. is.. horrible with those keys and just--aesthetic.  It's like they've not learned that most people -don't- like Alienware looking peripherals.  Also kind of crap they missed the market that Cooler Master caught with their novatouch for keycap modding :/  I'd be interested in this board, but definitely would need a different housing, tenkeyless, and MX-compatible stem, UNLESS this comes with a pbt replacement set.  But yeah.. Logitech mice are insanely good, but this seems like an experiment :/

I really wanted this to be my next keyboard, but it looks like I won't be changing by G710+ for now. The G910 not only looks horrible, but with thouse key-caps and strange wrist rest it is very uncomfortable to use for anything other than just gaming. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I like the phone dock and app. The key ridge things though? Ick. Not to mention I don't generally enjoy the look of the keyboard in general. The little embellishments on WASD and the arrow keys don't look nice to me.

Was looking everywhere around to buy one of these in-store, guess its a good thing I wasn't able to find one.

yea.....that keyboard looks like shit. i <3 my G710+ and will probably never upgrade unless they re-sell the G710+ exactly as is but with RGB lighting....which i don't expect to ever happen LoL. 

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR

Logitech already promised to include per profile saving for the colors, we'll see when this comes.

I have the G910 and I could just say that it's great for gaming but just not as great for typing if you aren't "used" to it. The shape helps finding certain keys like the windows key without even looking at the keyboard and it's nice that the space bar is lower than the other keys.

I just would have wished it got also the USB port which is just a pass-through directly from a second usb cable which also plugs into the PC.

I praise Logitech for going with a new switch design at least. Linus's description makes it sound like a budget 45g Topre rather than a linear MX Red. I wish that instead of a light show, manufacturers would use solid PBT key caps instead. But like moths to flame, the people flock to RGB. Don't know why Das's integrated USB 3.0 hub hasn't caught on elsewhere either.

Does any one recommend a keyboard similar to this. I have a rubber dome keyboard and i love the feel of the firm press then collapse.

My GTX 970 carries me to global.

I don't really care about the key caps, Yes they would be better flat but the switches are enough to sell me on it

I love the feeling of rubber domes. And I'm not that picky on the key caps. If I really wanted to I'd take my dremmel to them.

My GTX 970 carries me to global.