Thanks @nicklmg!

this keyboard look cool but also cheesy at the same time. I wonder how the switches feel.

I hope if they make a G910+ they fix those keycaps and make the stems Cherry MX compatible. I would buy this except I can see what Linus said about the keys an that's probably *one* of the only things holding me back from buying it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Thanks! watching now :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Oh god... It looks so bad

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Wow those keycaps are horrible.

Come on Logitech...

RIP in pepperonis m8s

my wallet is ready

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

welp.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I don't get why manufacturers keep using weird Techno typesets for their keycaps. It makes it look tacky to me.

I'm looking at you too Dell.

aka g710+ SUPREME RACE! 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Wanted to see a review of this for ages

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Hmm I got the G710+ might have to take a hard look at this one.

Why does everyone here think it looks BAD?? LOL.

Edit: OMG the keys look so bad though! xDDD

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

@LinusTech I think you need to decide how you're going to pronounce Kailh, and then stick with it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

When Linus started talking about key caps being bad I thought 'What a petty gripe. What can you possibly find to be bad about a key cap?'

After seeing what he's talking about... Jesus Christ...

post-75028-0-41014700-1418200650.jpg

It costs 230 AUD. Just no. 

And it doesn't have cherry switches, damnit corsair.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

When I first read about the different bezels on the keycaps past the H key on reddit I thought it was just bad wording, turns out it really was bad design.

i5 4670 | Asrock Fatal1ty H87 | G.Skill 16GB snipars | Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce | CM 690 III | 850 Evo 250GB + 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Seasonic G-750 | Logitech G502 | AKG K553 | Windows 10

I was REALLY interested in this keyboard, now I'm dissapointed. If they fixed everything Linus mentioned I would straight out buy this shit.

What happened to that amazing outro from the Whole Room Water-cooling Part 1? I really liked that outro.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Good god, that's one of the ugliest kb's I've seen in a while.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Hi guys, I'm new in the forum, but being following Linus for a while now. Great job!

About G910. I got mine recently, was eager to switch to mechanical, and Corsair wasn't appealing to me entirely - that light bleeding is awful. So my 2 cents are... mixed feeling. The keyboard is awesome as daily driver (I'm a programmer). It's get some time to get used to, switching from MS Sidewinder X6, but overall I'm more than happy with it. Key caps as bad as they may be, are not a set stone, and I bet that sooner than later after market versions will appear from respectable manufacturers. Never used Cherry based mechanical keyboard, but I bet it's awesome as well. The problem is that their RGB switches are worst possible solution to get the light through  :o I won't go over the all-markety crap about bigger endurance, less actuation since those are just numbers to show off and have some 'edge'. But the thought behind the switch design and LED positioning is undeniable. I guess Cherry did it for legacy reasons and nothing else.

Now the software. I kind of have a feeling it's still a beta thing  :D There are definitely things I don't like about - like creating my own damn game profile. And even so the game profiles are two colours - active and inactive. The only thing that you can choose as a colour for a profile is the G keys. The only way to create a custom profile is to add for each key as a command, that later can be assigned to functional key. One would expect things like freestyle mode to be possible to put is a game profile (like for love of god, I want my different game features with different colours) or even zones. But no - the only thing that you can have as game profile is the dual colour active/inactive.

The ARX, it's not really smart, bit choppy and lags, even on high-end handheld. And as Linus said the buttons are in awkward position, doesn't have landscape mode (would be awesome) But there is potential.

Overall hardware wise I'm happy. The software... there is a lot to be desired. I'm hoping that they will rethink their approach and improve accordingly.

The good is that they provide SDK and I may even start digging into that, but that's not for everyone, so regular users won't care much about it. But as a consequence game developers may decide that supporting some high end peripherals is worth it.

As for all of you arguing the price is high. Yes it's not cheap by any means, but it's about the same price as Corsair's K95. And as far as RGB abilities goes for me Roma-G are better (I really don't like the light bleeding of Cherry MX RGB). The key caps - those eventually would be possible to be changed with after market offerings (an empty niche which someone will fill soon enough)

Peace!  :)

Damn loving the LED illumination on this KB. bleed from from corsairs RGB is like diarrhea kinda bummed about the key caps and the non tactile sound though :/  

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

It seems almost as if they had built the keyboard with all these 'cool' new features but then didn't bother testing for ergonomics.

According to their press releases... they did. But maybe because their target group was those high APM players the result ended like this.