Motherboard drivers

Dear community members,

just some days ago i have ordered my first "custom" pc who will be build by the company where i ordered it from for a small fee,

BUT as for OS goes they only instal Windows 8 and my personal prefference tends to go to Windows 7 + i have another copy laying around.

so the pc will be build and shipped without OS.

now, as far as working with bios and installing an OS on a new pc i'm fine BUT my question goes towards the drivers.

i know i have to download them for 

- Graf. card.

- Sound Card

- Motherboard

- (am i missing something? tell me!)

but with motherboard i went to the site for it and found like 15+ different drivers for different things.

Should i instal all of them?

or just the nessecary ones?

Here are my specs : 

Motherboard : Asus B85-Pro Gamer

Graphics card : Asus STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5

Sound Card : Asus XONAR DGX PCI-E 5.1 BULK

Processor : INTEL CORE I5 4690 22NM 4 CORES THREADS 3.5-3.9GHZ 6MB LGA 1150 BOXED HSR

in all if someone could give me the basic information about drivers or a link to a video that can make me learn more about them that would be great!

So what you should do is download the latest LAN or WiFi for you mobo and then get the rest of the drivers from your new PC.

(unless you plan on having a RAID array then you need the RAID drivers)

ALso once you have the new computer you are gonna want to go and get the latest Nvidia driver, then get the latest XONAR driver (both from the manufacturers website).

And get the drivers for your mobo in relation to WiFi and USB 3.0 and other things (also once you have new computer, once you think all of the correct drivers are installed but you arent sure open up device manager and see if there are any unknown devices or devices with yellow triangles next to them and get the driver for that piece of hardware)

Good Luck!

don't know what a RAID is, but ill look that up.

the rest i understand so ill see how it will fall together,

nd if i have furter problems once the pc has arrived ill post the problems on this topic. 

BTW for the mobo i have already downloaded 

- audio (is this nessesary to instal? i have my xonar to do the sound..)

-chipset

-Lan 

-USB (usb 2.0 works normaly without any drivers i believe?)

Thanks!

don't know what a RAID is, but ill look that up.

the rest i understand so ill see how it will fall together,

nd if i have furter problems once the pc has arrived ill post the problems on this topic. 

BTW for the mobo i have already downloaded 

- audio (is this nessesary to instal? i have my xonar to do the sound..)

-chipset

-Lan 

-USB (usb 2.0 works normaly without any drivers i believe?)

Thanks!

RAID is a way to add together drives for different purposes (there is a tech quickie on it)

And sure! If you have any questions quote me or PM me or mention me.

the audio you don't need just get the XONAR audio.

chipset you shouldn't need because windows will most likely download them automatically but you can try to install anyways (doesn't hurt)

The LAN you will definitely need

USB 2.0 shoullldd work right out of the box, but USB 3.0 usually doesn't work without manually installing drivers (especially on win 7)

hey dude,

I was again looking for the motherboard drivers and you can download different versions of each one,

i went ahead and just downloaded the latest of each. (exept the manual and vendors list ofc.)

but can you like give me some extra information about what they do and if i need to instal all of them or just a couple?

here is the site for the Mobo

http://www.asus.com/be-nl/Motherboards/B85PRO_GAMER/HelpDesk_Download/

(win 7 64-Bit)

what (i think) i know so far,

- BIOS and BIOS utility i can instal from my usb directly into the bios.

- AUDIO i don't have to instal, i can disable motherboard audio in the bios and just need the drivers for the xonar (but thats after the windows install.)

chipset i instal after or before OS installation?

hey dude,

I was again looking for the motherboard drivers and you can download different versions of each one,

i went ahead and just downloaded the latest of each. (exept the manual and vendors list ofc.)

but can you like give me some extra information about what they do and if i need to instal all of them or just a couple?

here is the site for the Mobo

http://www.asus.com/be-nl/Motherboards/B85PRO_GAMER/HelpDesk_Download/

(win 7 64-Bit)

what (i think) i know so far,

- BIOS and BIOS utility i can instal from my usb directly into the bios.

- AUDIO i don't have to instal, i can disable motherboard audio in the bios and just need the drivers for the xonar (but thats after the windows install.)

chipset i instal after or before OS installation?

Plz quote me next time so i see this but i just happened to check :) 

anyways....

So yes, the latest ones are the ones that you need.

And to be honest you could just donwload the latest LAN driver and get away with that. Your BIOS comes good enough to use right out of the box and if it aint broke dont flash it.

I would say what you want for sure is USB (because out of the box usb 3 is bad), LAN (becuase most likely your LAN wont work without it) and The AI utility suite to control fans and monitor temps and stuff.

Also the chipset driver can be helpful although you most likely wont need it, and the SATA drivers usually arent needed. Like i said usually the BIOS is fine unless you plan on installing a CPU that wasnt released at the time of the BIOS on the board (it comes with BIOS just not the newest ones usually), but the MOBO supports that CPU with an update you wont need to flash BIOS. (if you look at the changelog of the BIOS revisions you will see what i mean.)

And the audio you genrally would need but not here becaucse you have external card.

Plz quote me next time so i see this but i just happened to check :)

anyways....

So yes, the latest ones are the ones that you need.

And to be honest you could just donwload the latest LAN driver and get away with that. Your BIOS comes good enough to use right out of the box and if it aint broke dont flash it.

I would say what you want for sure is USB (because out of the box usb 3 is bad), LAN (becuase most likely your LAN wont work without it) and The AI utility suite to control fans and monitor temps and stuff.

Also the chipset driver can be helpful although you most likely wont need it, and the SATA drivers usually arent needed. Like i said usually the BIOS is fine unless you plan on installing a CPU that wasnt released at the time of the BIOS on the board (it comes with BIOS just not the newest ones usually), but the MOBO supports that CPU with an update you wont need to flash BIOS. (if you look at the changelog of the BIOS revisions you will see what i mean.)

And the audio you genrally would need but not here becaucse you have external card.

So what i should do is

- start up > bios > choose my CD/DVD reader as boot 1

- restart

- instal my OS (on SSD)

- instal each driver exept audio, and bios

- instal Nvidia drivers for graf. card

- update windows

- instal a virusscanner (i prefer MSE)

- make a backup of it on my HD

and thats pretty much it?

So what i should do is

- start up > bios > choose my CD/DVD reader as boot 1

- restart

- instal my OS (on SSD)

- instal each driver exept audio, and bios

- instal Nvidia drivers for graf. card

- update windows

- instal a virusscanner (i prefer MSE)

- make a backup of it on my HD

and thats pretty much it?

Yup! Good luck and if you encounter anything, quote or PM me. :)

Yup! Good luck and if you encounter anything, quote or PM me. :)

The PC finaly arrived (FUCK YEAH!)

and i believe everything went wel!

i just have 2 yellow !-marks in device manager

- unknown device

- SM - buscontroller

can u give me a hand with that?

The PC finaly arrived (FUCK YEAH!)

and i believe everything went wel!

i just have 2 yellow !-marks in device manager

- unknown device

- SM - buscontroller

can u give me a hand with that?

Ooh yay! so what you are going to want to do is right click on the device, on the top bar click on details, and then look through them (it may say "sound device" or "System_Keyboard" or a string of #s which you should then google.) However I do have a guess. The bus controller is most likely the chipset (which you should install because windows didn't get it) and the unknown device is probably your onboard sound (if you wanna get rid of the annoying yellow triangle and to make sure that it is infact the sound you should install its driver anyways just to be safe, although it isn't necessary.)

Good job though! Hope it goes well, and enjoy your rig!!!!

Ooh yay! so what you are going to want to do is right click on the device, on the top bar click on details, and then look through them (it may say "sound device" or "System_Keyboard" or a string of #s which you should then google.) However I do have a guess. The bus controller is most likely the chipset (which you should install because windows didn't get it) and the unknown device is probably your onboard sound (if you wanna get rid of the annoying yellow triangle and to make sure that it is infact the sound you should install its driver anyways just to be safe, although it isn't necessary.)

Good job though! Hope it goes well, and enjoy your rig!!!!

is solved the SM-Buscontroller, it was as you said the chipset but i only had downloaded the latest of 2 and it was the olderone that did the trick :D

as for the unknown device i don't know what it is, i installed the onboard audio drivers but that didn't help.

what i do see is that the location is "on the system that meets Microsoft ACPI"

nevermind that, i found the problem!

after some research i found out it was the Asus probe thermal driver,

i finaly found the drivers for them in the utilities folder on the asus site.

so now my problems are all solver i guess :D

thanks a lot man! can i add u as a friend? maybe for future talks about pc's and stuff?

i'm thinking about studying for pc technician, this is all still new to me but it sure interests me :D

nevermind that, i found the problem!

after some research i found out it was the Asus probe thermal driver,

i finaly found the drivers for them in the utilities folder on the asus site.

so now my problems are all solver i guess :D

thanks a lot man! can i add u as a friend? maybe for future talks about pc's and stuff?

i'm thinking about studying for pc technician, this is all still new to me but it sure interests me :D

Yay a friend! yeah sure dude :) id be glad to help you!

And i hope you enjoy ur new computer!

Yay a friend! yeah sure dude :) id be glad to help you!

And i hope you enjoy ur new computer!

haha you don't have many friends or what? xD

yeah i love it! finaly i can play AC with no fps drops when it rains xD

haha you don't have many friends or what? xD

yeah i love it! finaly i can play AC with no fps drops when it rains xD

lol. Yay! i hope u get good use outta ur system.