TV refresh rates, fake vs real

KrMaH

Hi folks!
I have a question regarding refresh rates on 4K TVs.
The Phillips 50PUS6809/12 is stated to have a 400hz PMR refresh rate. This is, to my understanding not the true refresh rate of the back panel, but I tried to do some research into the exact refresh rate of the panel and got mixed results, varying from 50hz to 200hz...
Do any of you guys have any idea?
Thanks in advance!

It's 50 or 60. No more. Probably 50 because it says 400hz so 8 times 50.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Hi folks!

The Phillips 50PUS6809/12 is stated to have a 400hz PMR refresh rate. This is, to my understanding not the true refresh rate of the back panel, but I tried to do some research into the exact refresh rate of the panel and got mixed results, varying from 50hz to 200hz...

Thanks in advance!

well hdmi only does 30 fps on 4k, so it doesn't matter refreshrate or hz of tv, all your going to be able to get on hdmi is 30, unless it had a display port. then 60, for sure at least 30, most likely 60

well hdmi only does 30 fps on 4k, so it doesn't matter refreshrate or hz of tv, all your going to be able to get on hdmi is 30, unless it had a display port. then 60, for sure at least 30, most likely 60

HDMI 2.0 can do 4k 60hz. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

HDMI 2.0 can do 4k 60hz. 

O.o, thats right, but the tv has 2.0?, and the source projecting?  or does the source not matter?  just if tv does.

the tv is hdmi 1.4

My TV is "120hz"

Uses 'interpolation of frames' to achieve this and it's not real 120hz but 60hz with blended frames.

Looks great though, but can also have the effect of slight motion blur.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

O.o, thats right, but the tv has 2.0?, and the source projecting?  or does the source not matter?  just if tv does.

I don't think this TV has 2.0, but I was just saying that it's possible to do 4k 60hz over HDMI. 

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/50PUS6809_12/6800-series-ultra-slim-smart-4k-ultra-hd-led-tv-with-smart-tv-and-pixel-plus-ultra-hd/specifications

"24, 25, 30 Hz"

RIP in pepperonis m8s

i believe ltt did a video about this fake vs. Real phenomenon, so maybe that can give you some good places to start.

Also found this http://www.rtings.com/info/fake-refresh-rates-samsung-clear-motion-rate-vs-sony-motionflow-vs-lg-trumotion

That says you are looking at a 100hz "true refresh rate"

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

Hi folks!

Thanks in advance!

This is Linus Tech quickie on refresh rates 

Cry Havoc!