Mantle for AMD Game DVR (raptr)

Armin3570k

Hello there,

from now on you are able to record your gameplay with AMD Game DVR (raptr) with mantle enabled.

How to do so?

Answer: Download the new AMD Omega (14.12). --> Install it --> Reboot your computer --> Enable the feature "Replay" and "Record" --> Enable Mantle in-game (Battlefield 4 for example) --> There you go. Tried it myself a couple of times and it works with your normal resolution NOT with super resolution enabled.

Kind regards, me

nice just wish they would fix the mantel and crossfire issues 

EDIT: just to show you what i mean 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

nice just wish they would fix the mantel and crossfire issues

EDIT: just to show you what i mean

Hey, i am sorry for your issue/s but i havent stumbled across any problem yet. Totally agreed, they should fix every single problem so everyone has the same experience

i just wish someone would clarify to me whether or not mantle works with APUs and how to set it up.

>:c

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i just wish someone would clarify to me whether or not mantle works with APUs and how to set it up.

Mantle works on the certain APU's (give me some details about yours), mostly on the newer ones.

How to use it?

Install the newest driver for your APU/GPU

then launch a mantle-ready game (Battlefield 4/Thief) then go the graphics menu and you ll be given an option to switch between Mantle and DirectX (First option in the Battlefield 4 graphics menu).

If you have more questions simply post them and i ll try to answer them.

Kind regards, me. :)

Mantle works on the certain APU's (give me some details about yours), mostly on the nwer ones.

How to use it.

Install the newest driver for your APU/GPU

then launch a mantle-ready game (Battlefield 4/Thief) then go the graphics menu and you ll be given an opzion to switch between Mantle and DirectX (First option in the Battlefield 4 graphics menu).

If you have more questions simply post them and i ll try to answer them.

Kind regards, me. :)

brace yourself for some tears....

A10 4600m at 2.3............. yeah. (pre-built HP. forgive me fr i have sinned)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

@BurgerBum

Sorry buddy but your APU isnt one of the supported models.

Supported:

AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics

AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics

2014 AMD A-Series APUs ("Kaveri")

You should build a full sized gaming pc with one of the supported series named above and you should be good to go. :)

Kind regards, Armin3570k

@BurgerBum

Supported:

You should build a full sized gaming pc with one of the supported series named above and you should be good to go. :)

Kind regards, Armin3570k

ehh, not much of a gaming pc. 

more like a render farm that i'll be gaming on. 

-Jim Hensen

@BurgerBum

Supported:

Kind regards, Armin3570k

if i ever had the money. >_>

-Jim Hensen

@BurgerBum

You can build a relatively good gaming pc for about 600$ (you could go even lower but i d recommend 550-600$ as a minimum because of all those poorly optimised games nowadays. :)

ehh, not much of a gaming pc.

more like a render farm that i'll be gaming on.

What do you want to say with that?

@BurgerBum

You can build a relatively good gaming pc for about 600$ (you could go even lower but i d recommend 550-600$ as a minimum because of all those poorly optimised games nowadays. :)

mom gonna pay 100$ i have 100$ and some waiting cause she owes me for a bet and 3 months allowance. (so i have about 700$ to play with)

i wanna wait till i have around 1600, cause half that money wont be in effect till im 20. so currently i have around 300 to play with

and when i have 1600 i'll have just enough to get a last gen of the time enthusiast build.

-Jim Hensen

mom gonna pay 100$ i have 100$ and some waiting cause she owes me for a bet and 3 months allowance. (so i have about 700$ to play with)

i wanna wait till i have around 1600, cause half that money wont be in effect till im 20. so currently i have around 300 to play with

and when i have 1600 i'll have just enough to get a last gen of the time enthusiast build.

Simply search a job :)

You could wait for Broadwell or Skylake to release

AMD still requires you to reboot to update drivers?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

AMD still requires you to reboot to update drivers?

not required, but its a good safety msure.

i would still reccomend restarting even if you have nvidia. again, its just a good safety mesure.

-Jim Hensen

Simply search a job :)

You could wait for Broadwell or Skylake to release

or cazziro and see if they are good as stand alone CPUs aswell as beign good APUs. like, i know they're like this low power smaller thin, but whos to say they wont keep with cazziro and make a realy powerful one too?? 

whos to say they wont use use it like they did kaveri, and make some pretty powerfull standalone CPUs with it. 

ive had jobs before.;) 

i think im done with that for a while. x'D

-Jim Hensen

or cazziro and see if they are good as stand alone CPUs aswell as beign good APUs. like, i know they're like this low power smaller thin, but whos to say they wont keep with cazziro and make a realy powerful one too??

whos to say they wont use use it like they did kaveri, and make some pretty powerfull standalone CPUs with it.

ive had jobs before.;)

i think im done with that for a while. x'D

if you want a good price to performance ratio go for AMD (CPU-wise) but if you want a relatively cold, less Energy consuming, yet powerful CPU go for intel and spend a little more.

For the GPU you should definitely go with AMD (The AMD cards are cheaper and still as good as Nvidia ones and they support Mantle and thats a huge increase in performance) but be sure you have a well ventilated case because the new AMD cards produce a massive amount of heat.

if you want a good price to performance ratio go for AMD (CPU-wise) but if you want a relatively cold, less Energy consuming, yet powerful CPU go for intel and spend a little more.

For the GPU you should definitely go with AMD (The AMD cards are cheaper and still as good as Nvidia ones and they support Mantle and thats a huge increase in performance) but be sure you have a well ventilated case because the new AMD cards produce a massive amount of heat.

sobasically get both intel and amd and both nvidia and amd.

thanks. x'D

i know what to get yo. 

-Jim Hensen

I wish they would incorporate mantle with the HD 7xxx series. The only upgrade for me is to buy another GPU that is selling for 800 now (was 1500 when released). 

It does work on APU's but only with newer Kaveri which use GCN architecture.

brace yourself for some tears....

A10 4600m at 2.3............. yeah. (pre-built HP. forgive me fr i have sinned)

No Mantle support for VLIW architectures.

I wish they would incorporate mantle with the HD 7xxx series. The only upgrade for me is to buy another GPU that is selling for 800 now (was 1500 when released). 

Mantle works on the HD 7000 series. Mantle works with every GCN based GPU.

It does work on APU's but only with newer Kaveri which use GCN architecture.

No Mantle support for VLIW architectures.

Mantle works on the HD 7000 series. Mantle works with every GCN based GPU.

Wow, I thought it was only the r7/r9 series. Did that change since launch? I was under the impression the 7xxx series wouldn't be supported. Thanks for the info!

mantle is compatible with the hd 7xxx series :) oops didnt see the other replies

Is it possible to record @ 4k with it? Or am I limited to 1080p?

amd gaming evolved is limited to 1080p 60 fps