Should I get a 13' MacBookAir or a Lenovo Yoga Pro 2

For Christmas I am getting a new laptop, both of them are 1,000$, I was set on the Macbook, but looking at the Yoga 2 the specs, I'm starting to change my mind, which one is worth my money, and which one is better for the long haul, I really don't care operating system wise, I just want something that performs well and will last me for years of general web browsing, media consumption and word processing.

MacBook Air 13-inch : 128GB Specifications
  • 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
  • Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • 4GB memory
  • 128GB PCIe-based flash storage1

Yoga Pro 2

Processor 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4510U Processor (2.00GHz 1600 MHz 4MB) Operating system Windows 8.1 64 Display 13.3" QHD+ LED Glossy Multi-touch with integrated camera (3200x1800) Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 4400 Memory 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz Hard Drive 256GB SSD    

It's. A. Mac. Why is there even a question there. Go yoga all day.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I would go with the Yoga Pro 2, because of the features it offers over the Air, such as the QHD display and being touchscreen. I would assume it has a better CPU but with drawback of a slightly worse iGPU.

It's. A. Mac. Why is there even a question there. Go yoga all day.

What's wrong with Macs? Don't blindly hate.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Macbook Pro, from a lenovo Yoga 2 Pro owner ;)

Or a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro without QHD+ 

Any resolution over 1080p on a windows laptop is a pain to live with, the yoga cant handle QHD+ without lag and other issues.

Would get a windows computer for application support, one with nice aluminium build quality ;)

Would go for the ACER Nitro with GTX 860M ;)

BTW, touch screen on a laptop is crap, dont listen to what linus says on youtube, he is a salesman... ;)

I would go with the Yoga Pro 2, because of the features it offers over the Air, such as the QHD display and being touchscreen. I would assume it has a better CPU but with drawback of a slightly worse iGPU.

What's wrong with Macs? Don't blindly hate.

They're overpriced, can't run things as well, are massive, and use OS X. THe only thing I givr macs are they have a damn nice lookin screen.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

MacBook Air has TN screen so Yoga all the way.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Macbook Pro, from a lenovo Yoga 2 Pro owner ;)

BTW, touch screen on a laptop is crap, dont listen to what linus says on youtube, he is a salesman... ;)

I call bullshit that you have a yoga 2 pro, it is terrible not having a touchscreen when using my desktop now. I have a yoga 11s, and my review is in my signature.

Hey OP, this is funny because I went to BestBuy today to decide this just for myself :)

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I call bullshit that you have a yoga 2 pro, it is terrible not having a touchscreen when using my desktop now. I have a yoga 11s, and my review is in my signature.

Reported.femUuwy.png

They're overpriced, can't run things as well, are massive, and use OS X. THe only thing I givr macs are they have a damn nice lookin screen.

Overpriced? I agree. Can't run things well? Boy, I'm disappointing I bought a work laptop to play Crysis 3 on it and I can't run it. They're  "massive"? The MacBook Air is one of the thinnest and lightest laptops out there, so I don't see what ass you pulled that from. "use OS X", now you're just acting childish.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Reported.

tumblr_m1hdd1Wgc51rqfqrxo1_400.gif

Sorry, had to

So what I'm getting from this is go yoga pro 2 with the 1080p display instead of QHD, because the windows scaling sucks, am I right? Or should I just go QHD because support for higher resolution displays will get better with time?

Reported.

OH SHIT

shots-fired.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

So what I'm getting from this is go yoga pro 2 with the 1080p display instead of QHD, because the windows scaling sucks, am I right? Or should I just go QHD because support for higher resolution displays will get better with time?

I would get the 3k one, windows scaling will be much better in windows 10 from what I've heard and if its really that bad, you can lower the resolution in software.

My 2008 macbook is still a well useable device with still 6-8 hours battery life

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I am running windows 10 preview, and as is seems now support wont be here untill windows 11 or somthing. And it's not only microsoft who has to support it but the app developers and java wont support it for some years to come...

You will constantly get driver errors if u do not run at native resolution, so get the 1080p ;). Currently running my lenovo yoga 2 pro at 1600x900 because of scaling down to 1080p still gives you some scaling issues. ;)

Might want to look up the age to some of the peple giving u advice in this thread ;)

congrats :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have a macbook air yet my sister has a yoga and my sister has had non stop problems with it and is really jealous of my mac but If you want a desktop computer build one! :D  

GET THE MAC IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT!

WARNING: Dont ask questions like that on this forum because you will get a lot of bias answers that will try to get you something you may not one. So do some research!

Macbook Air if you want better battery life, Yoga Pro 2 (1080p) if you want a better display.

Probably yoga 2 pro, seems like better specs for the price.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it