A dark theme for LinusTechTips

I still can't see the text, but flipping the switch on the top left changes the background to white, so that kind of fixes it for me.

Should the theme update itself or should I do it?

I'm using Firefox 21.0

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

OMG thank you. now i wont burn my eyes when im on at 3am.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Noticed a problem. when you go into members. this happens (Note: I circled the problem)

E3Il4Ce.png?1

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Blackterror25, on 19 Jun 2013 - 1:43 PM, said:

I still can't see the text, but flipping the switch on the top left changes the background to white, so that kind of fixes it for me.

Should the theme update itself or should I do it?

I'm using Firefox 21.0

I have updated both version of the theme and i also have checked with firefox 21.0 and there is no problem with it. On Chrome the theme updates itself when you start chrome but on FireFox it should be the same but try manually update it :)

joelthezombie15, on 19 Jun 2013 - 4:50 PM, said:

Noticed a problem. when you go into members. this happens (Note: I circled the problem)

E3Il4Ce.png?1
Thanks, the problem is fixed in the new update.
Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

Released a new update 19/06/2013 17:30 CEST

Minor fixes and added support for the mobile version of the site. So now you can use the style on you Android phone using firefox :D

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

The text editor needs a black background otherwise it stands out like a sore thumb.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

thanks, i always prefered black theme,

better for laptop on mobile and my eyes, specially at night

Aw yeah, I can't stand in white monitor for too long. This would be great!

That looks nice! I just don't like dark-themed forums 'cause they generally tend to be less nice (usefulness wise). Idk why, it just happens.

Sarah Jessica Parker

Oh FFS, I've been scratching my head on how to change to "the dark theme" everyone is referring to today and I've got to use a fail browser to do it? No thanks.

Opera for life.

Admins should prioritize the official one, it's the most requested feature here. And make it the default.

Edit: just spotted the local CSS for Opera, but there should still be an official dark theme.

Edit 2: looks nice, but IMO it would make more sense to make the text fields charcoal and the frames black rather than the other way around. But that's nit picking. The lime green elements don't look good in this theme either.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Instructions! ↓

I'm not getting the " install with stylish" Green button. i restarted Safari on my MBP.. but still no luck..

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

I'm not getting the " install with stylish" Green button. i restarted Safari on my MBP.. but still no luck..

Okey, try these steps

1. After installed stylish click on the "S" icon in the top left corner
  2. Then choose "Manage" and in the search box search for "linustechtips" 
  3. Done :) 

(Sorry, I don't use safari. Just installed it to test it out :P)

How do I try this out?

Read the instructions?

Awesome man!

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

So its not a native theme built into the forum its a skin? Does it cause more bugs?

Ive used it for all day today and i havent had any problems. just download the skin app thing and install that addon for it.