A dark theme for LinusTechTips

I dont have that white box. Do you have the latest version of the theme?

Yep, Removed it, Restarted Firefox and Chrome, Reinstalled the theme on both browsers and the white boxes around the avatars are still there, I'm lost ^_^

I had to edit in the following for the white boxes to go away at line 147, Also some of the reply boxes are still white -

0ELcZHS.jpg

.author_info {

background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #0D0A0A;

width: 155px;

float: left;

font-size: 12px;

text-align: center;

padding: 15px 10px;

}

.post_block h3 {

background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #191717;

padding: 0px 10px;

height: 36px;

line-height: 36px;

font-weight: normal;

font-size: 16px;

}

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Yep, Removed it, Restarted Firefox and Chrome, Reinstalled the theme on both browsers and the white boxes around the avatars are still there, I'm lost ^_^

I had to edit in the following for the white boxes to go away at line 147, Also some of the reply boxes are still white -

0ELcZHS.jpg

Oh there are two versions right? I believe ive using "Theme without width restrictions" because I browse on a portrait 16:10 1920x1200 monitor.

Firefox -

Yf5J9VO.jpg

I have tried it on chrome aswell but it shows the same white box.

If you go down to the bottom-left corner on the page there you see "Change theme" click it and choose IP.Board. That should solve it! :)

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

• 4 months later...

can we get this updated for the theme update that happened a couple days ago if possible please.

can we get this updated for the theme update that happened a couple days ago if possible please.

If you switch it to the IP.Board theme, it should work for now. However, later in the year more significant changes are coming which will break this unofficial theme on all built in themes.

The built in night theme should be even better than it is now in that update though, so this theme won't even necessarily be necessary.

HTTP/2 203

If you want a dark theme for the new beta theme you can download my stylish theme. Working fine for me :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

If you switch it to the IP.Board theme, it should work for now. However, later in the year more significant changes are coming which will break this unofficial theme on all built in themes.

The built in night theme should be even better than it is now in that update though, so this theme won't even necessarily be necessary.

Yea I fixed it once I realized that the update had reverted it to day theme. I quite like this theme and color scheme and will be using it as long as it's supported.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it a possibility to modify the layout, so that things like the "block" textbutton, remain their original colors (red in this case)?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

• 3 weeks later...

So it looks like this no longer works becaus ethe default ip board theme is no longer a selectable option.

new night theme is poo.

so much wasted space on each side.

i have a 20'' monitor.

there's a total of 4 inches of wated space with these blank bars...

please let this scale properly, im only at 90% zoom. this is rediculious. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

new night theme is poo.

i have a 20'' monitor.

you need to flip that thing into portrait and get some real web browsing done ;)

new night theme is poo.

i have a 20'' monitor.

did

You not see this?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/330185-widescreen-fix-for-new-themes/page-2#entry4489555

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i dont want a fix.

i want it to work. 

i dont mind games, operating systems, software, or other shit.

but when 70% of people say ''the beta looks good, just be sure to implement good scaling, the bars on the sides are killing me!'' and then when the beta becomes official its not implemented... its just sad. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i dont want a fix.

i want it to work.

i dont mind games, operating systems, software, or other shit.

but when 70% of people say ''the beta looks good, just be sure to implement good scaling, the bars on the sides are killing me!'' and then when the beta becomes official its not implemented... its just sad.

Yeah, ik, but it doesn't work, so might as well do the literally takes 1 min fix, until they fix it

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thank you looks great, only things i would want changed is, the reply box to be dark too, (the one i am typing in now xD)

Also the white edges around each person's post maybe if they were like a grey silver type colour, sorry i am a bit OCD lol.

Other than those two things i cannot fault it, this is good so glad the width one was there i freaked out when i installed the other haha.  :D

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

@Gimbergsson will there be an update because of the new default theme?

Ultra Cool Theme , thanks :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

@Gimbergsson will there be an update because of the new default theme?

Oh I just saw that they removed the IP.Board theme, but I will update soon as I have time so it might take a while :(

I updated the theme with a quick fix for this.

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

Its alright their adding a bunch of features as well. If you could please @ me when you have the fix complete.

• 8 months later...

This reminds me that windows 10 seems to be getting more and more dark themed finally BUT when are we going to get a dark themed Explorer?