Sabranco Humvee video from CES added

ace_finland

Hi evryone

Long time since I've been online but back now with a fairly quick mod. Seems like life have been getting in the way of my hobbies. Been hard at work on fixing up my garage so i can do more modding in a nicer place
Newgarage_zpsecca4e72.jpg

A while ago i got contacted and offered to do a computer mod with some new parts and even if i don't have a lot of spare time it seemed like a fun idea.

The idea was to make a mod with the new Asus Sabranco board in a Hummer. Took me a long time to find a hummer that would fit a full size motherboard.

Components.
Asus Sabertooth mark S
Intel 4690
Intel SSD
Cooler Master Nepton cooler
Asus Strix GTX 980
Kingston fury ram 32gb, 2 white and 2 black

Only spent half an hour on the hummer shell so it's not all there
1_zpse9f62b6d.jpg

After a few weeks i found one in Taiwan that was big enough.

1/6th scale
Arrived_zpsa0295969.jpg
Beer can for scale
Hummerarrived_zpsdd7904ec.jpg
Body removed
2014-10-09180650_zpse9253746.jpg

The board, i like it
89a170d3-6f7d-404a-8a0a-49aee6adad5a_zps

The PSU, have had a few of these and they have always worked good, so why not another one
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u447/Ace_Finland/Humvee/DSC_0030_zpsf8c642dd.jpg
I was in such a rush i forgot to take pics of the GPU but i will post a bit later of the finished gpu.

On to the modding
Had to remove a lot of the electronics in order to fit all the parts. Would have been nice to have it drivable but prefer it to look nice in the end.

First up the a tray for the psu. Milled it out of polycarbonate. Was a bit tricky to find a good spot for it but in the end it sorted itself out. Only need 4 holes but added a few more for flexibility in case i want to move it a bit
PSUholder_zps4383063b.jpg

Acrylic support for the SSD.
Intelssd_zps732c65e0.jpg

Psu and ssd mounted. Yes, it's secured by a shoestring. The psu was a pressfit so not worried but i think it looks good.
Psuinteltestfit_zpsce9e2300.jpg

Next update more of the integrated rollcage for MB and GPU! Here its only in mdf, when its finished it will be out of aluminum
Rollcage_zps1711c75d.jpg

Alex

This gonna be awesome!

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Looks nice. Subscribed :)

This needs to be featured

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Oh this gonna be funky

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

Aw man this is so cool. I wish you luck.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Do you keep a car in that garage! Because it's soo big! So much room for activities!

Oh man, this is exciting

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

If only you could still drive it around after the build is done. A portable r/c PC build flying down the freeway.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This has got to be the most interesting build I've seen so far!

NZXT H440   //   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC   //   i5 4670K   //   MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB   //   HyperX Beast 8GB 2400mhz   //   OCZ Agility

Super cool! Followed.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Thx for all the comments guys! And yes, it fits two cars but then there's not a lot of room for modding :)

on with the modding.

Did a test fit with the mdf rollcage. I/o panel fits quite good but think i will lower it another mm into the frame to get the whole motherboard a bit closer to the panel.
Rollcagemockup_zpsba1ba88c.jpg

The hummer had very large hole after i removed the weapons, decided to make a cover for it and install a fan there instead. Milled out of acrylic and will be painted a bit later. Still has a small hole for a on/off button but need to have a think about what i want to do with it.
Fancover_zps9e20c1a7.jpg

Cut a slot in the back panel and removed some support material in order to get the motherboard and GPU to fit. Still needs some cleaning up but need to make sure everything fits before i make it look nice.
Hummershellcutout_zps73d93977.jpg

In order to get a flush fit between the GPU and the back panel i made an 2mm aluminum back plate. For some reason i programmed the chamfering around the dvi port a bit wrong so i took too much off. Shouldn't have watched tv while programming :) Will still be good for a test fit
GPUplate_zps4f85267b.jpg

New stickers for the fans. The original strix stickers didn't really fit the build.
Tufgpustickers_zpsd2b60872.jpg

First idea for the Hummer and GPU would be to use plastidip. Everyone seems to be liking it and it looks decent in pictures. So bought a few cans and tried it on the GPU. After trying it twice i decided to use normal paint. It didn't look right, it had quite an uneven surface and it just felt cheap. I guess for a motherboard with lots of components and uneven surfaces its not so noticeable.  So here is the final pic of the GPU with normal spray paint.
GPUfinished_zpsd9bcfc69.jpg

Last but not least did decide to have a test run of the components. Have had the motherboard for quite some time but hadn't gotten around to test it. Have never gotten a dead mb so wasn't so worried. All worked fine except the gpu, in the end it needed a shielded pcie riser from 3m, tried a few different ebay cables but non of them worked. The 3M ones are expensive but seems to be bulletproof.
Testsetup_zps31173f4e.jpg

This will be cool. Subbing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 2 weeks later...

Back with more progress.

The bracket for the Radiator/roof mount
Radiatormount_zpsa893dd3d.jpg

Part of the rollcage, getting a hang of the mill now, getting great surface finish without the need for sanding
Rollcageside_zps7d21efb1.jpg

All parts of the rollcage assembled, seems to be very stable.
Rollcageassemnly1_zps373a2ae2.jpg

Quick test assembly with the motherboard.
Rollcageassemnly2_zps9a62bf39.jpg

Some support brackets for the GPU
GPUsupport_zps47182527.jpg

As always there is something you don't plan for. Had to change one of the sides to make space for the PCI-e riser.
Rollcageassemnly4_zpsf716f013.jpg

Decided to powedercoat the black bits and the white is just normal spray paint. Think the back bit will look better together with the hummer once its painted.
MBtestfit_zpsf6966d8a.jpg

Time for some primer!
Hummerprimer1_zps8a1e8872.jpg
Hummerprimerdone_zps4ea7dd6e.jpg
And some white paint!
Hummerwhite_zpsf2dddc7f.jpg
Had to see how it looks together with the wheels, still missing bits and doing the windows,
Hummerwhitetestfit_zps094d1714.jpg

More coming soon!

Wow this will be cool

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

man thats some great execution. 

I look forward to seeing more :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

incredible!  Your attention to detail so far is fantastic.  Can't wait to see it done!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Here's something similar made by a dude on a romanian forum a few years ago(2010), he also did this on a Ferrari Enzo

http://forum.4tuning.ro/583-discutii-machete/207151-humer-1-rc-amd-computer.html

On topic: This is going to be awesome :)

THISGONBGUD.gif

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!