led tv questions.

ProjectX01

Is there anyone here who has tried the hisense brand? Im planning to buy the 32" one. But it seems like the game mode is nonexistent. The salesman, and from what I've read on other forums, tells me that you just need to remove some of the post rendering options.

Also im thinking of the toshiba 32" with the soundbar.this one has game mode.

Can anyone give out detailed experience while using an led tv for gaming?

P.s. the reason why im opting for a tv rather than a monitor is becuase i want a bigger screen and most of the time i watch a lot of media.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

Check here if your display is one here. Are you using a mous and keyboard to game? Do you play a lot of shooters? If not then anything over 30ms is unacceptable. If you only use a controller then maybe you could get by. Avoid everything with 40ms and over.

I tried my mothers 50" plasma and it was horrible, the input lag was unbearable. Can't find information on it's measured input latency.

a little of both worlds for me. keyboard and mouse or controller. it aint listed. sad.

Monitors will have much lower lag if you are into competitive twitch gaming, but an LED tv could work fine.

You may want to invest in a smaller monitor (25"-27") for twitch gaming (low lag), and then a second 32"-36" tv for media (lag doesnt matter for media);

Depending on your system and financial capabilities.

Picture quality will be comperable between the two, well, Hisense isnt very well regarded (hint, if you cant find the company mentioned by top reviewers, well, thats

probably your answer on how good it is...), but a movie will look the same on a monitor vs a tv of the same size and resolution.

The difference you are really asking about here is lag.

Personally, you will have this for a long time so I would save an extra $100 and get a good 32" monitor if you can find one, then get a cheapo

set of speakers. You are talking 4-8ms lags on monitors vs 44-100ms lags on tvs, if you are into competitive twitch play you will notice lag that big.

on the TV side,

Vizio is a great budget LED tv brand. They make budget friendly tvs that are generally pretty good in terms of PQ (picture quality) for the money,

and their 60" E-series even took home CNETS recomendation for best TV of 2013 for its PQ/price value (60" for <$1000).

Hope this helps,

feel free to PM me for more info

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White