Zelda U looks gorgeous

I though Killzone looked better. (PS4)

But that map is as surprisingly large as in Just Cause 2. 

This game will be no where near the size of Just Cause 2, looks big though. 

Open world seems to be a bit of a theme with Nintendo's games this year

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

The screen is a bit small and far away to tell how god it actually looks (textures are my main concern) but yeah, it looks great :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The screen is a bit small and far away to tell how god it actually looks (textures are my main concern) but yeah, it looks great :)

Yeah the textures look terrible, but really theres only so much they can do with what they have, they are using the grass to make up for it

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Yeah the textures look terrible, but really theres only so much they can do with what they have, they are using the grass to make up for it

Well Nintendo and in particular the Zelda team are masters of making games look good on average hardware. Plus the fact that while anaemic the Wii U does have plenty of space on the disk and a fair amount of RAM. I reckon we should not be too harsh on them based on a tiny glimpse of a build a good year before the game is out. The fact that there is even a debate about whether Nintendo's games are "the best looking" even with the hardware limitations says something about the quality of their art.

and personally I judge a platform's good visuals based on how many times I stop playing and just look. I played through Wind Waker HD and that was basically all I was doing. The only other recent game I've played that I've done that with was Bioshock Infinite.....

Well Nintendo and in particular the Zelda team are masters of making games look good on average hardware. Plus the fact that while anaemic the Wii U does have plenty of space on the disk and a fair amount of RAM.

Sure it's got 2 gigs , but they haven't really put out anything that is 4x the last gen now have they

I reckon we should not be too harsh on them based on a tiny glimpse of a build a good year before the game is out.

Well iwas just stating the truth,that the textures do look bad, idon't think it reflects poorly on the game, it's not like Nintendo's been known for their graphics in the past 9 years since they gave up on being current gen

The fact that there is even a debate about whether Nintendo's games are "the best looking" even with the hardware limitations says something about the quality of their art.

and personally I judge a platform's good visuals based on how many times I stop playing and just look. I played through Wind Waker HD and that was basically all I was doing. The only other recent game I've played that I've done that with was Bioshock Infinite.....

One of the problems with bi is that when you did looked around you saw stuff like this

http://i.imgur.com/TraXwMf.jpg

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Sure it's got 2 gigs , but they haven't really put out anything that is 4x the last gen now have they. I was just stating the truth,that the textures do look bad, idon't think it reflects poorly on the game, it's not like Nintendo's been known for their graphics in the past 9 years since they gave up on being current gen

I personally think people are often too caught up on purely technical measures that they forget about what actually looks good. Nintendo has gone with cheaper hardware but do push that hardware and the art that they've created is top notch. I mean how do you even measure "4x last gen"? It's pretty subjective. All I was saying was that there are less technical limits on the Wii U in that regard than there was on the 360, PS3 or Wii and Nintendo tend to push their hardware. Those two things and the fact that the stuff that they've produced so far on the Wii U is of a very high standard gives me confidence. Enough not to read too much into a blurry view of a preview of an early build.

One of the problems with bi is that when you did looked around you saw stuff like this

Yeah, that was a thing. But then after you rush past the not-fantastic apples and maybe roll your eyes slightly you are pushed past a well framed set-piece and just stop for a bit. And there was a lot more of the latter.

I personally think people are often too caught up on purely technical measures that they forget about what actually looks good. Nintendo has gone with cheaper hardware but do push that hardware and the art that they've created is top notch. I mean how do you even measure "4x last gen"? It's pretty subjective. All I was saying was that there are less technical limits on the Wii U in that regard than there was on the 360, PS3 or Wii and Nintendo tend to push their hardware. Those two things and the fact that the stuff that they've produced so far on the Wii U is of a very high standard gives me confidence. Enough not to read too much into a blurry view of a preview of an early build.

My point about 4x next gen was supposed to be more about how the improvements in hardware on the U aren't going to directly improve the technical side, more ram basically just makes it easier to make games on the platform

of course its true there last few titles have been very good, there really is no other option they have, as its basically they make games to sell consoles or they sell no consoles.

Yeah, that was a thing. But then after you rush past the not-fantastic apples and maybe roll your eyes slightly you are pushed past a well framed set-piece and just stop for a bit. And there was a lot more of the latter.

Yeah i sat around those singers at the start for a while, i found the game to be alright, but the gameplay was so numbingly bad, i went back and bought bioshock one after and i think its a lot better, though a worse port and PC game overall

The game looks pretty good, but I hope they don't make the world big and then leave it empty like skyrim was. Also they need to fix that fog.

PS: was the framerate dropping hard when they where going the that forest on Epona? I couldn't tell because of the quality.

The game looks pretty good, but I hope they don't make the world big and then leave it empty like skyrim was. Also they need to fix that fog.

PS: was the framerate dropping hard when they where going the that forest on Epona? I couldn't tell because of the quality.

Fog is used as a trick to hide short view distances. That is why if you look at all open world games back in the 90s, they were all foggy. It wasn't a trend where people loved fog or something. Its because the GPUs were not powerful enough. So sadly, expect fog.

I don't expect the game to be filled with genuine dense forest. Let's be honest, even when they said "dense forest", it felt like a park and not a forest, until the frame rate drop, which I have noticed to. Probably this is something that can ironed out.

I think Nintendo has learned A LOT with the WiiU and HD gaming, and next gen gaming.

They did learn about how much more time it takes to make HD and next gen games, especially that all it's games when the console was at it's youth, been delayed by a large amount, and now seeing how RAM, CPU and GPU is important.

However, Nintendo has this skill to push things to the next level with limited hardware. Sadly, much like Windwaker on the GameCube, and Twilight Princes on the GameCube as well, and Skyward sword on the Wii, I expect the game to experience some level of frame drop here and there. Even Smash Brothers. If you play some stages with full background animation, 4 players on screen, and you hit pause, where the camera zooms in on the character deeply, and you move the camera around, you can see that depending on the camera position, the frame rate will drop. Luckily that doesn't happen in normal gameplay, which is the important part.

I expect this new Zelda game to run at 720p at 30fps. And while it might sound disappointing, it's actually pretty darn impressive, especially with the visuals shown so far, for the WiiU specs, and power 2 displays (even thought the second screen is showing maps/inventory).

Fog is used as a trick to hide short view distances. That is why if you look at all open world games back in the 90s, they were all foggy. It wasn't a trend where people loved fog or something. Its because the GPUs were not powerful enough. So sadly, expect fog.

I don't expect the game to be filled with genuine dense forest. Let's be honest, even when they said "dense forest", it felt like a park and not a forest, until the frame rate drop, which I have noticed to. Probably this is something that can ironed out.

I think Nintendo has learned A LOT with the WiiU and HD gaming, and next gen gaming.

They did learn about how much more time it takes to make HD and next gen games, especially that all it's games when the console was at it's youth, been delayed by a large amount, and now seeing how RAM, CPU and GPU is important.

However, Nintendo has this skill to push things to the next level with limited hardware. Sadly, much like Windwaker on the GameCube, and Twilight Princes on the GameCube as well, and Skyward sword on the Wii, I expect the game to experience some level of frame drop here and there. Even Smash Brothers. If you play some stages with full background animation, 4 players on screen, and you hit pause, where the camera zooms in on the character deeply, and you move the camera around, you can see that depending on the camera position, the frame rate will drop. Luckily that doesn't happen in normal gameplay, which is the important part.

I expect this new Zelda game to run at 720p at 30fps. And while it might sound disappointing, it's actually pretty darn impressive, especially with the visuals shown so far, for the WiiU specs, and power 2 displays (even thought the second screen is showing maps/inventory).

I knew about fog to hide view distances, but I hoped they would tone down everything to keep fps and view distance high. Also, didn't Nintendo say it was going to run at 1080p? I might be pulling that quote out of my ass though.

I knew about fog to hide view distances, but I hoped they would tone down everything to keep fps and view distance high. Also, didn't Nintendo say it was going to run at 1080p? I might be pulling that quote out of my ass though.

Also even though the forest wasn't that dense, I liked the grass, it reminded me of MGS3. Thats a thing I don't like about modern games, as they barely put any effort into the grass/ foliage when they add alot more to the immersion than people think.

I am unaware of 1080p part.

Well if it is, amazing! But i like to keep my expectation low. I better enjoy my games that way.

For me, may Nintendo games are so good that I don't mind the the visuals, and the game play is slow enough that 30fps is perfectly playable. Yes 60fps is amazing, don't get me wrong, but not unplayable or jarring like FPS or fighting games would be.

I am unaware of 1080p part.

Well if it is, amazing! But i like to keep my expectation low. I better enjoy my games that way.

For me, may Nintendo games are so good that I don't mind the the visuals, and the game play is slow enough that 30fps is perfectly playable. Yes 60fps is amazing, don't get me wrong, but not unplayable or jarring like FPS or fighting games would be.

I normally hate defending anything less than 60, but I'm not sure if I would mind 30fps since Oot ran at like 20fps.

It does look beautiful. I have wanted an open world Zelda game since I played Ocarina of Time and looked through the fences near Jabu-Jabu, thinking "what's beyond that fence?". If you can eat apples, I'm assuming there is a stamina bar or a hunger bar. If it is the later, here's hoping they do it right. I don't want to be eating every three minutes.

My only "complaint" is that the game series has taken on a  "Wind Waker" look. While it was good for WW and SS, I really want to see a more serious look to it, like Twilight Princess.

Otherwise, haven't been disappointed with a Zelda game yet. Doubt I will be anytime soon. :)

I like the artstyle, I think Twilight Princess looked kinda bland. As long as its in HD, the cell shading they're doing should end up looking nice.

I like the artstyle, I think Twilight Princess looked kinda bland. As long as its in HD, the cell shading they're doing should end up looking nice.

Thems is fightin' words, ya hear?

Bland how so? I thought the graphics looked great, very serious, textures were fine etc etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of SS and WW. I just would prefer something more like TP or OoT again, for a game or two.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Bland how so? I thought the graphics looked great, very serious, textures were fine etc etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of SS and WW. I just would prefer something more like TP or OoT again, for a game or two.

I loved Twilight Princess but visually it was pretty weak. Also I'm kinda suprised that you'd say the textures were fine, the textures in that game were pretty average. 

I loved Twilight Princess but visually it was pretty weak. Also I'm kinda suprised that you'd say the textures were fine, the textures in that game were pretty average. 

To me, "fine" is average. :D  They look a ton better when on Emulator, though. B)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You wanna tussle bub? My deaf aunt works for IRL and I'll have ya banned bro.

I normally hate defending anything less than 60, but I'm not sure if I would mind 30fps since Oot ran at like 20fps.

Oh yea, same here. But what I like about Nintendo with the WiiU, is that if it's an absolute must, they'll go at 30fps, and would only do it if the experience is not affected. I think Pikmin 3 is 30fps if I am not mistake (going by memory). But the game is slow paste one, and so not annoying. But Smash Brothers, Mario Kart 8, Mario games, all run at 60fps as you need fast reaction, and there is a lot of motion all the time.

Just purchased a WiiU today with Mario Cart and Wind Waker to keep me happy until the new Zelda comes  :P

Let my WoW subscription expire today for pretty much the first time in 10 years, needed something to fill the void lol