Zelda U looks gorgeous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECWlFInyFM

Doesn't it?

What's more interesting tho' is the map, which looks gigantic, and the gameplay elements they showed off.

There's even a hint about picking apples off trees and eating them.

I really hope the game will be that open and rich, letting you eat, prepare for long journeys and stuff.

Maybe we'll see an open world game done right for a change.

As of now the only game I played that grasped slightly what an open world game should feel like is probably Dragon's Dogma, console wise.

What d'you guys think? To me this video is enough to blow any """more powerful""" console away.

I though Killzone looked better. (PS4)

But that map is as surprisingly large as in Just Cause 2. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

It looks so good, yet I don't like the art style of the newer zelda games. Twilight princess looks the best, even though it only runs in standard definition. 

Amazing!!!

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

I pretty much bought a Wii U Solely for this game, Can't wait for it to come out.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

WiiU is the only console I've ever considered, I have a PC for serious gaming, I want my console to be fun and easy to pick up and just play.

Can't wait for this game, am about half way through Wind Waker ATM.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Nintendo be like "OMG HD".

Don't forget this is like a pre-alpha or something, the final game will be richer and more complex, more refined overall.

Besides, people call the ps3 and the x360 "HD gen" but they were more like "upscaled gen".

"why don't we make Skyward Sword but on a system that isn't just a pocket calculator and this time on the ground"

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Don't forget this is like a pre-alpha or something, the final game will be richer and more complex, more refined overall.

Besides, people call the ps3 and the x360 "HD gen" but they were more like "upscaled gen".

Most games were about 720p, therefore HD gen

I though Killzone looked better. (PS4)

But that map is as surprisingly large as in Just Cause 2. 

Sure but the PS4 is a good twice as powerful, Wii U is about equal to the 360, were there any games this impressive on that system?

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Sure but the PS4 is a good twice as powerful, Wii U is about equal to the 360, were there any games this impressive on that system?

Which system. The 360? I mean, there was Forza. The PS3 though blew the 360 off the planet. 

Which system. The 360? I mean, there was Forza. The PS3 though blew the 360 off the planet. 

Forza and Gran Turismo were both cool, TLOU was probably about as good as it got on PS3, can't say for sure what id vote as the best on 360

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Forza and Gran Turismo were both cool, TLOU was probably about as good as it got on PS3, can't say for sure what id vote as the best on 360

I would say Journey for the PS3. (But that is obvious choice for me, I cry every time)

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue still looks great.

I don't think it's really that reasonable a comparison. Their GPU clock speeds are similar sure but the Wii U is based on a much newer GPU architecture and has 4x the RAM. It's by no means a powerhouse, none of them are anywhere near the PS4/XBOne let alone a mid-range PC. But lets not kid ourselves, PS3 and 360 were effectively on par and Wii U is a fair bit ahead of both.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

They are not even comparable and anyone who knows anything about computers can see that.

I'm primarily a pc gamer but if there is one console I'm interested in its the wii U..

The only problem is that I have enough pc games to keep me busy for years so investing in a new console isn't that practical for me. But i know I would really enjoy the Nintendo games.

PC + WiiU master race.

Joking aside my body and WiiU are ready.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

What d'you guys think? To me this video is enough to blow any """more powerful""" console away.

I don't care about console/system specs, I just care about a fun game.    Zelda hasn't disappointed in 25 years. 

Waiting for this game isn't a wait to see if it's any good... it's a wait to see just HOW good it is. 

By the way, any one else going to see the Symphony of the Goddesses concert?    I'm taking my son on June 20.  I got great seats, and I expect it to be as awesome as it was in 2012.  

I'm primarily a pc gamer but if there is one console I'm interested in its the wii U.. The only problem is that I have enough pc games to keep me busy for years so investing in a new console isn't that practical for me. But i know I would really enjoy the Nintendo games.

Find a used one.   Play exclusives on the Wii U and everything else on your computer.  Even with all those PC games in-waiting, there's still some you're missing on the Wii U.  :)   Given the option of only two systems, that's the best pair. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wii U Wii Mii.  Nintendo console plus pc in your home that is the way it should be.  **** the XBONE and PS4!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

It does look beautiful. I have wanted an open world Zelda game since I played Ocarina of Time and looked through the fences near Jabu-Jabu, thinking "what's beyond that fence?". If you can eat apples, I'm assuming there is a stamina bar or a hunger bar. If it is the later, here's hoping they do it right. I don't want to be eating every three minutes.

My only "complaint" is that the game series has taken on a  "Wind Waker" look. While it was good for WW and SS, I really want to see a more serious look to it, like Twilight Princess.

Otherwise, haven't been disappointed with a Zelda game yet. Doubt I will be anytime soon. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |