WUs stuck at 99.99%?

Go to solution Solved by tobben,

I'll give it another day but if it isn't done by then it's getting scrubbed.

Thanks for the replies. 

it can happen if the wu is resumed incorrectly or abruptly crashes.

Look at the log to your gpu slot, you need to exit the client and restart

the wu from last checkpoint(client does this itself). The wu isn't actually 

at 99,9%, If the last thing you see in the log is somewhere

between  0 - <99%. 

if that's the case it's not actually doing anything, it can sit there for 10

or 16 hours for that matter, without doing any good.

pause the slot, restart the client and resume the slot again, if this isn't your issue.

You should look at the log either way to see if it gives you any hints, if it doesn't,

post the log here.

I've had this issue with several different WUs for different projects lately. It will progress all the way to 99.99% completed but after that it just sits there for hours. At the time of posting with my current set of WUs (pictured below) they've been running at 99.99% for almost 3 hours.

Is there a way to fix this or will I just have to delete my GPU slots and get new WUs? If so that'll be two sets in a row I've had to get rid of. 

http://i.imgur.com/Smoxs93.png

Thanks.

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

Um you just have to wait. The sever that the project you have must be down. So it will go threw in a bit or the time to complete will run and and start a new work unit. This has happened to me 2-3 times its a pain.

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Thanks for the replies. 

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

Thanks for the replies. 

it can happen if the wu is resumed incorrectly or abruptly crashes.

Look at the log to your gpu slot, you need to exit the client and restart

the wu from last checkpoint(client does this itself). The wu isn't actually 

at 99,9%, If the last thing you see in the log is somewhere

between  0 - <99%. 

if that's the case it's not actually doing anything, it can sit there for 10

or 16 hours for that matter, without doing any good.

pause the slot, restart the client and resume the slot again, if this isn't your issue.

You should look at the log either way to see if it gives you any hints, if it doesn't,

post the log here.

Edited by tobben

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this issue with several different WUs for different projects lately. It will progress all the way to 99.99% completed but after that it just sits there for hours. At the time of posting with my current set of WUs (pictured below) they've been running at 99.99% for almost 3 hours.

Is there a way to fix this or will I just have to delete my GPU slots and get new WUs? If so that'll be two sets in a row I've had to get rid of. 

http://i.imgur.com/Smoxs93.png

Thanks.

Does it still hold after a re-boot of the system?  If so then yes shut down the client (pause the troubled slot) and restart will be your best option (dont forget after the client is back up to resume folding). If that doesn't fix it, clear the slot, shut down client, restart and re-enter the slot.  but as Tobben mentioned it's due to an improper shut down of the client (power outage, BSOD, etc)

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

I managed to get to the root of the problem. I usually watch things on YouTube, Twitch, etc while Folding and I'd occasionally get a driver crash which would recover afterwards. I didn't really think anything of it as everything seemed to continue working.

Apparently when the driver crashes the FAH client stops but the work completed percentage keeps going up. Pausing and then continuing folding solves the issue. It's just a matter of checking the log (as mentioned above) to see whether folding has resumed after pausing it.

Are you on the new Omega Drivers from AMD?  If not might want to try and give them a shot, supposedly alot of 290x owners are seeing better PPD out of them as well :thumb:

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

I am now but I was getting crashes with the previous driver (14.12 I think). I haven't tried folding on omega as I'm focussing more on Boinc at the moment. 

ah, people's numbers have been better w/ Omega (with a clean driver install, of course)  and guessing for BOiNC I'd think you'd see a good improvement on projects as well, but of course that would be dependent on what your BOINC'ing for project wise. 

Project Gray Scale

On the GPUs it's almost entirely Collatz Conjecture but I occasionally get SETI and Moo! Wrapper work. 

I didn't do a clean install. Might get around to doing that later. 

just use AMD's uninstaller and re-install, yeah I tend to do Seti, Milky, and IBM's WCG

Project Gray Scale

I do a bit of everything really. I have, as far as I'm aware, all of the available (and currently active) projects that you can sign up to in the 'Add Project' list. Not really any preference for one in particular.

Just finished a clean install now. Shall see if there's any improvement. I doubt it'll have solved the driver crashing when Folding but time will tell.