[Build Complete] Project "Noir" X99 GTX 980 HOF SLI

ChrisxIxCross

Looks beautiful! Great build man, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...been busy with work.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Looks beautiful! Great build man, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...been busy with work.

Thanks! No problem man its all good. :)

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Stunning!!  Do you have any pics of the back wiring?  Pics are gorgeous!!  I thought they were black & white pics till I noticed the small yellow sticker from the Swiftech cooler on top.  I personally love cable combs and it would be the only thing I recommend.

Well done!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

very nice, very clean build and good colour contrast.

got to love Asus components

Omf that's amazing.

IMO I hate the case, would like to see that same exact build in a enthoo luxe

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

This is what I have been planning to build. Pretty much everything the same except colour scheme(different mobo,ram,case,LEDs). I want to make a white/light blue build or straight all glowing white(not likely though). I didn't think someone else would do this though, expensive as build.

Omf that's amazing.

IMO I hate the case, would like to see that same exact build in a enthoo luxe

Thank You! Yea this build would also fit perfectly in an enthoo Luxe! :)

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Elsa would be proud.

Lmfao xD

Stunning!! Do you have any pics of the back wiring? Pics are gorgeous!! I thought they were black & white pics till I noticed the small yellow sticker from the Swiftech cooler on top. I personally love cable combs and it would be the only thing I recommend.

Well done!!

Thanks! No I forgot to take pics of the back, and tbh my back cable management is ok but nothing to brag about lol. Extensions are a pain to work with so I think ill probably order some fully custom end to end psu cables ( with pre-installed combs) which will make everything a lot easier.

This is what I have been planning to build. Pretty much everything the same except colour scheme(different mobo,ram,case,LEDs). I want to make a white/light blue build or straight all glowing white(not likely though). I didn't think someone else would do this though, expensive as build.

Sounds awesome! Yea for sure my wallet is aching quite a bit atm.

very nice, very clean build and good colour contrast.

Thanks I appreciate it! :)

Just a question

Are the two 980 hofs able to push all the way to 144 fps on ultra to fully use the swift?

Not sure so correct me if wrong, the reference 980 weren't able to so can the hofs with their higher clock speeds?

And also, would it be smart to wait till the "980 ti" or whatever's next, then buy the 980 hofs when the price drops(it will take a bit to save the money, so why not a bit more?)

Just a question

Are the two 980 hofs able to push all the way to 144 fps on ultra to fully use the swift?

Not sure so correct me if wrong, the reference 980 weren't able to so can the hofs with their higher clock speeds?

And also, would it be smart to wait till the "980 ti" or whatever's next, then buy the 980 hofs when the price drops(it will take a bit to save the money, so why not a bit more?)

Yes the two HOFS are able to push all the way up to 140fps on ultra in BF4. Yes I can definitely tell a noticeable bump in fps with these two HOFS compared to reference 980 SLI results. 

Yea that's an option, I was actually hoping to get the 980 Ti but as it was not annouced this fall I went with the 980's. There is no telling when the 980 Ti will come out let alone how it's going to be priced. The only reason we got price drops with the 780 Ti/ 780 was due to the 900 series performing amazingly well for the price. So it depends really how Nvidia ends up pricing the 980 Ti. Because they could very well make it 800$-1000$. In which case we would see no price drops on the 980/970 whatsoever.

Beautiful!!!

I am planning a similar build only with a higher power CPU.  Any comments you had on putting it all together would be appreciated.  My plan is listed below

CPU:                         Intel Core i7 5960X - I hope to OC to 4.5GHz

CPU cooler:              NZXT Kraken x61

Mobo:                       ASUS X99 Deluxe

GPU:                        2x GALAX GTX 980 HOF (SLI of course), hope to OC to 1500MHz

RAM:                        64GB G.Skill DDR4 2800MHz

PSU:                        Seasonic Snow Silent (it should already go with the color scheme)

Storage:                   Samsung XP941 512GB (boot)

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB

2x Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB - RAID1 (data/backups)

Case:                       Thermaltake Core V51 (probably powder coat to match colors)

Display:                    3x Samsung S27D590C

I am also going to do custom cabling and will add some additional fans and LED accent lights (white of course).

Budget is $7,500 and this is a mixed use system (numerical modeling/games)

Beautiful!!!

I am planning a similar build only with a higher power CPU.  Any comments you had on putting it all together would be appreciated.  My plan is listed below

-snip-

I am also going to do custom cabling and will add some additional fans and LED accent lights (white of course).

Budget is $7,500 and this is a mixed use system (numerical modeling/games)

That sounds amazing! I am really looking forward to seeing it completed. One thing I'll say though is that I personally had a poor experience with the Kraken x61, the pump made a terrible rattle noise and it sounded terrible. I personally highly recommend the Switftech H220-X it performs near exactly the same as a 280mm AIO and its whisper quiet with no issues. It also makes the ability to WC in the future a lot easier since its essentially a pre assembled custom water loop with res, pump and cpu block.

What a freaking beautiful build

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Looks fantastic... I wish I had that kind of budget...

How does the Galax 980 hof run? Noise, power ect? I am looking at the 970 hof version of it, and wanted to know if it is worth the extra amount compared to other 970's, as I haven't ever used products from Galax.

Looks fantastic... I wish I had that kind of budget...

How does the Galax 980 hof run? Noise, power ect? I am looking at the 970 hof version of it, and wanted to know if it is worth the extra amount compared to other 970's, as I haven't ever used products from Galax.

980 HOF runs flawlessly! Extremely quiet fans even at 70% speed, temps are really impressive as well with the card never exceeding 70c in a single config. OC's like a dream too. The 970 HOF is on sale right now actually with 40$ off and free shipping! http://www.galaxstore.net/product-p/97nqh6dnd2tx.htm

Idk if you follow Linus' instagram but he just got a 980 HOF for review!

980 HOF runs flawlessly! Extremely quiet fans even at 70% speed, temps are really impressive as well with the card never exceeding 70c in a single config. OC's like a dream too. The 970 HOF is on sale right now actually with 40$ off and free shipping! http://www.galaxstore.net/product-p/97nqh6dnd2tx.htm

Idk if you follow Linus' instagram but he just got a 980 HOF for review!

The 40 dollars off is basically why I even have considered it. I wasn't really willing to pay $100 more than all other 970's. Going to be a hell of a lot faster/sexier than my current 550ti xC

Problem is will it drop more later on? Since most other 970's are all 350-370... 

Thanks for the help.

Hey!

Not bad att all for using enclosed water setup. I usually don't really like these kind of builds but you made it

look quite interesting. Not really a fan of the overused black and white color scheme but it's a nice build.

Great work, hope to see future even more intense builds from you!

Best regards,

nsl

Now I hear about noise with the Kraken x61.  It just showed up Thursday . . .

Great thing about builds is they can always be rebuilt.  At least it isn't installed yet.

The 40 dollars off is basically why I even have considered it. I wasn't really willing to pay $100 more than all other 970's. Going to be a hell of a lot faster/sexier than my current 550ti xC

Problem is will it drop more later on? Since most other 970's are all 350-370...

Thanks for the help.

I really couldn't tell you, maybe in a few months but not anytime soon.