Which type of HDMI chord do I need?

arnm23

I want my pc to connect to both TV's in my household with the best quality image.  I just need to know what type of chord I need and which ones would be a waste of money getting? You've got Standard, Standard with Ethernet, High Speed, and High Speed with Ethernet.  I just want to know which of these I will need.  The HDMI will be going from my GPU to both TV's as if it were a multi monitor setup.  So I assume I need High Speed?  Please help as soon as possible so I can continue my Black Friday shopping.  Thanks as always.

I want my pc to connect to both TV's in my household with the best quality image.  I just need to know what type of chord I need and which ones would be a waste of money getting? You've got Standard, Standard with Ethernet, High Speed, and High Speed with Ethernet.  I just want to know which of these I will need.  The HDMI will be going from my GPU to both TV's as if it were a multi monitor setup.  So I assume I need High Speed?  Please help as soon as possible so I can continue my Black Friday shopping.  Thanks as always.

Any.

"Rawr XD"

any hdmi CABLE will be fine. there all the same. Since hdmi is a digital signal dont bother with a gold plated cable. does the gold make nicer 1's and 0's, no its does not. (how ever gold plated audio cables can make the sound quality nicer in SOME, but not all scenarios)

buy the cheapest one thats long enough

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

So it doesn't ever matter or it doesn't matter for my requirements?  And what is a high speed with ethernet hdmi used for?

any hdmi CABLE will be fine. there all the same. Since hdmi is a digital signal dont bother with a gold plated cable. does the gold make nicer 1's and 0's, no its does not. (how ever gold plated audio cables can make the sound quality nicer in SOME, but not all scenarios)

buy the cheapest one thats long enough

The gold doesn't make the 1's and 0's any nicer, but in every case I've had a cable the gold plated end has made for better insertions(aka you can unplug and plug in more times).

So I assume I need High Speed?

That's a marketing tactic to make you believe one cable is better than the other, which isn't true. Buy a cheap cable that's long enough for your use.

The gold doesn't make the 1's and 0's any nicer, but in every case I've had a cable the gold plated end has made for better insertions(aka you can unplug and plug in more times).

How oftion do you remove and reincert your cable?..... i leave mine in for months at a time, only removing them to physically move my computer/clean/upgrade it.

also you do realize that GOLD is SOFTER then steel/aluminium.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

So it doesn't ever matter or it doesn't matter for my requirements?  And what is a high speed with ethernet hdmi used for?

HDMI does everything. It can carry Ethernet, USB, Audio, video, and much more. Although how many routers do you know that have an hdmi output xD

Alright so I'll just buy the cheapest one for the length I need, any brands I should watch out for or recommend?

HDMI does everything. It can carry Ethernet, USB, Audio, video, and much more. Although how many routers do you know that have an hdmi output xD

Alright these are the ones I plan to get, all the required lengths I'll need.  Seem good? 

HDMI-75-EXT_i.jpg

75ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Built-in Equalizer - 26AWG CL2 (In-Wall) 3D Ready M/M, Black

HDMI-3-BLK_i.jpg

3ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - 28AWG 3D Ready M/M, Black

HDMI-6-BLK_i.jpg

6ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - 28AWG 3D Ready M/M, Black

HDMI-10-BLK_i.jpg

10ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - 28AWG CL2 (In-Wall) 3D Ready M/M, Black

How oftion do you remove and reincert your cable?..... i leave mine in for months at a time, only removing them to physically move my computer/clean/upgrade it.

also you do realize that GOLD is SOFTER then steel/aluminium.

It may be softer, however it is much more resistant to corrosion than any other commonly used material. This may be a bigger deal in my area since we have at least 60% humidity at all times. Also I do unplug a decent amount as I'm either moving around monitors, or I'm using HDMI normally whenever I work on someone else's computer as just about every computer on the market has HDMI.

Alright these are the ones I plan to get, all the required lengths I'll need.  Seem good? 

HDMI-75-EXT_i.jpg

75ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Built-in Equalizer - 26AWG CL2 (In-Wall) 3D Ready M/M, Black

HDMI-3-BLK_i.jpg

3ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - 28AWG 3D Ready M/M, Black

HDMI-6-BLK_i.jpg

6ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - 28AWG 3D Ready M/M, Black

HDMI-10-BLK_i.jpg

10ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - 28AWG CL2 (In-Wall) 3D Ready M/M, Black

Is that 75 cable really the cheapest one? Because "built in equalizer" just sounds like "crap to raise price". 

The "with ethernet" just means if you have one of an EXTREMELY SMALL list of items, then you can share internet between the devices via the cable. For example say you have a TV and a blu-ray player(wait what those still exist?!?!?!?!?), and they both support internet capabilities, but you only have one ethernet cable to the area and don't feel like running another/setting up a switch. If they both support ethernet over HDMI, then the TV can share its internet with the blu-ray player, and boom blu-ray player has internet now. This is extremely pointless, however in all actual practice, and few devices even care to support this.

hdmi....either it works or it don't

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.