Anything you guys would Change

Dicoray
Go to solution Solved by Rodneyg87,

I am doing some mildy heavy oc'ing and am very petty about looks, I know that the d15 is amazing, but I just cannot stand the brown colour of the noctua fans

get a different fan for it if thats your only problem with it. thats what i was going to do till i decided to go H105 on mine only because i honestly dont mind the noise of the fans or pump and i live in florida so the H105 during the summer will perform better. What I was going to do since for the case I am getting I would need 2 additional fans anyways I was just going to take my two corsair sp series fans and put them on the noctua cooler and place the noctua fans in the front of my case where they would be hidden by the front plate and drive cages. And reposition the 1 airflow series fan that comes in the front to the top and leave one of the top plates off for additional air flow. I am getting the Fractal Design R4 btw so it has plenty of space for 5-6 fans around the case.

Looks soild

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

yes. the corsair psu with the better and cheaper evga G2 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

the motherboard with a cheaper one http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xgaming5

and get the H100i

I already own the case and I know there is not much room for cable management so I am getting the RM 750 because of its flat black ribbon cables

I also am getting this mobo because of the orange coulour

The h100i will not fit in my case

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

If the H100i wont fit into your case go air cooled then because single rad performance vs a good air cooler the air cooler wins hands down.

Here are two options for you.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus-$19.99 best value if you arent doing heavy over clocking.

Noctua NH-D15- $84.99 a beast of an air cooler has better performance than the H100i does and has less points of failure compared to the H100i

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($63.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC FORCE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($161.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($334.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($20.00) 

Total: $1172.85

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-28 15:51 EST-0500

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

If the H100i wont fit into your case go air cooled then because single rad performance vs a good air cooler the air cooler wins hands down.

Here are two options for you.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus-$19.99 best value if you arent doing heavy over clocking.

Noctua NH-D15- $84.99 a beast of an air cooler has better performance than the H100i does and has less points of failure compared to the H100i

I am doing some mildy heavy oc'ing and am very petty about looks, I know that the d15 is amazing, but I just cannot stand the brown colour of the noctua fans

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

get a different fan for it if thats your only problem with it. thats what i was going to do till i decided to go H105 on mine only because i honestly dont mind the noise of the fans or pump and i live in florida so the H105 during the summer will perform better. What I was going to do since for the case I am getting I would need 2 additional fans anyways I was just going to take my two corsair sp series fans and put them on the noctua cooler and place the noctua fans in the front of my case where they would be hidden by the front plate and drive cages. And reposition the 1 airflow series fan that comes in the front to the top and leave one of the top plates off for additional air flow. I am getting the Fractal Design R4 btw so it has plenty of space for 5-6 fans around the case.

get a different fan for it if thats your only problem with it. thats what i was going to do till i decided to go H105 on mine only because i honestly dont mind the noise of the fans or pump and i live in florida so the H105 during the summer will perform better. What I was going to do since for the case I am getting I would need 2 additional fans anyways I was just going to take my two corsair sp series fans and put them on the noctua cooler and place the noctua fans in the front of my case where they would be hidden by the front plate and drive cages.

Well I live in southern georgia where it is usually 95+ in the summer so what do you recommend for me would the dark rock pro 3 be good

SYSTEM SPECS

What is your budget for this pc ?

Well I live in southern georgia where it is usually 95+ in the summer so what do you recommend for me

Southern Georgia isnt to bad I think the noctua would handle that pretty well. Im all the way down in polk county florida which is dead center between orlando and tampa so my average june-august temps are 98+ with over 90% humidity and even then the H105 only beats out the Noctua by 1-2 degrees celcius so it was all preference to me. Being that your highs are 3-5 degrees less than mine the Noctua should actually give better overall performance than the H105 by 1-2 degrees since its the other way around down here.

What is your budget for this pc ?

1200 USD

SYSTEM SPECS

Southern Georgia isnt to bad I think the noctua would handle that pretty well. Im all the way down in polk county florida which is dead center between orlando and tampa so my average june-august temps are 98+ with over 90% humidity and even then the H105 only beats out the Noctua by 1-2 degrees celcius so it was all preference to me.

Yeah I used to live in Tampa (the traffic is awful), Ill probably get the d15 and change to some other fans

SYSTEM SPECS

Yeah I used to live in Tampa (the traffic is awful), Ill probably get the d15 and change to some other fans

Yea it is but boy ill tell you back in the day before Hulk Hogans sons accident tampa had some of the best street racing you could ask for so many people who didnt actually know their cars and had extremely deep pockets lol. Every week id drive over with around $250 in my pocket and drive home with well over $1500 in my pocket. I was running a 1999 Camaro SS SLP edition with 653hp to the wheels with a 175 shot of nitrous the car would easily run 9.50's in the 1/4 mile, yes i built her myself the only work I had done was the suspension and the transmission work which i did help with but i dont know how to do those two parts myself a buddy of mine is an ASE certified mechanic so he did the bulk of it and i was his gopher but the engine was all me, well and the dyno tuning was done by Titan Motorsport in orlando.

Yea it is but boy ill tell you back in the day before Hulk Hogans sons accident tampa had some of the best street racing you could ask for so many people who didnt actually know their cars and had extremely deep pockets lol. Every week id drive over with around $250 in my pocket and drive home with well over $1500 in my pocket. I was running a 1999 Camaro SS SLP edition with 653hp to the wheels with a 175 shot of nitrous the car would easily run 9.50's in the 1/4 mile, yes i built her myself the only work I had done was the suspension and the transmission work but the engine was all me, well and the dyno tuning was done by Titan Motorsport in orlando.

I was living there for three years because of my work and It was pretty great

SYSTEM SPECS

I was living there for three years because of my work and It was pretty great

I always thought it was funny when people would have Evo's and STI's with $20,000-30,000 dumped into them and didnt know how to actually drive them right then would get stomped and didnt know why. Every time i went out there people would ask whats under your hood id give them a simple reply ligenfelter i have only met one person out there that knew what that meant. What i did was instead of dropping $30,000 to have my car done by ligenfelter I researched the parts they used in those builds and did it myself for half the price. And i made a couple improvements like instead of the top end kit ligenfelter used i got my hands on a set of heads, intake manifold, and throttle body from a 2008 Z06 Corvette and worked them which in turn gave me around 40 extra horses in the end along with a lot cleaner torque curve and basically turned my LS1 into a LS7.

There was only 1 car i wouldn't run against it was a 1st gen RX7 with a built LS1 pushing around 750hp to the wheels i knew i didnt stand a chance against him. He was from lakeland i had seen under his hood before and wasnt touching him. He told me one day that when he races he only pushes his car enough to run 9.40s-9.50s but he actually could run 8.70s.