horizontal lines...?

Wherestheanykey

Ok so i have gtx 980 strix running a samsung 32nch 2560x1440(display port)/27inch monitor @ 1920x1080 (dvi) and a 60 inch tv(hdmi) also running off it and i keep getting horizontal lines flickering not constant but happening enough to be annoying and only seems to happen if i have a movie or something similar playing i don't see it when playing games though...  and yes it happens on all three screens.

any ideas?

i used to have  similar prob when gaming on my TV, and i found out it was because the HDMI connector doesn't have a locking mechanism it bounces all over the output causing the screen to flicker and have horizontal lines on the screen 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

i used to have similar prob when gaming on my TV, and i found out it was because the HDMI connector doesn't have a locking mechanism it bounces all over the output causing the screen to flicker and have horizontal lines on the screen

If it doesn't happen during games, I doubt it's the fault of the lack of a locking mechanism.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If it doesn't happen during games, I doubt it's the fault of the lack of a locking mechanism.

that's what i thought as well, but it was just a maybe 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Try a different movie player and see if the issue persists.

If it does, maybe try and see if turning off power management in the GPU does anything? If it does the GPU may be faulty.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.