No video on HDMI with new GPU

Misanthrope

So I have a 290x I am trying to install going from the onboard intel graphics. I tried connecting the new gpu, hooking up the power (it has 2 light indicator on the power connectors both turning green) and then when switching the PC on I can hear windows booting up all the way to the desktop but the monitor when on HDMI input keeps black screen but switching (as if it's trying to adjust resolution but it can't)

Is this because I have to disable on board graphics on the bios first? What if I disable on board and this card still won't show video? There's no connector in this card for VGA and my dvi to vga adapter wont fit. Should I just wait for morning and go purchase another adapter at a store? Try a different HDMI monitor (this one is 720p)

Ideas?

-------

Current Rig

-------

So update: I tried with my ps3 on this monitor's HDMI input and it's borked too, no video and I know that PS3 works with HDMI so I'm between not enough power on the PSU (old but working corsair 650w 80+ bronze so doubt it) bad card or bad monitor. Maybe bad HDMI cable but it's brand new but I'll test another monitor and cable

-------

Current Rig

-------