NCIX Black Friday Build; URGENT help please!

BuffGoff1

No video card?

Besides that, good selection on the parts. Although, not too sure about the quality of PNY ssds

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Get the evga 750w g2 instead please. It's a MUCH better unit for only $70 after rebate.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Sorry Nicholas Marzio I was not aware of such.

1. Budget & Location

Around the $1000 mark only considering local retailers. Burnaby BC (vancouver).

2. Aim

Productivity. Reason for no current extra cooling or video card.

3. Monitors

Looking to get a new monitor with purchase of tower. One monitor for now.

4. Peripherals

No peripherals.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Computer is dated.

PNY never tried em before but the SSD was $160 off the normal price. Any reviews/suggestions/opinions on it?

Hello BuffGoff1 and welcome to Linus Tech Tips forum :)

The build looks compatible and good. What are you going to use it for (gaming, work, editing, content creation, etc.)?
The k-version of 4790 is unlocked for overclocking which makes me thing you would like to do that. I would advise you to get a custom CPU Cooler in order to do so. If not - simply drop to a non-k version. WD Red drives are designed specifically for NAS/RAID environments. Is there any specific reason why you chose that drive for your build?

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Thanks Captain_WD.

I designed this initially for a friend as he wants a new PC with a great deal.

He would use this for general uses but I want a system that will last for a while in terms of time I am hoping this build will be solid for 5 years at the least.

General uses being web surfing, minimal gaming and possible photo editing.

The thought behind this build is it has the power to make computer life for the average Joe nice, this being my friend. 

The reason for the overclockable CPU is this will allow for overclocking further down the road if extra power is needed.

The reason for no Video card or after market cooling is for now this is not necessary.

The WD Red was just because it had a good sale price.

The main aim for this build was for maximal value. About $400 off the normal price of these items at NCIX.

Also the Ability to perform long into the future with ease and possibilities of upgrades without bottle necking to occur.

I'm now thinking myself I might get this and stick a 970 into it for my uses. Mostly gaming.

I am mostly worried of the SSD as I have not heard of them much but for rougly %50 off Ill take it :).

For the hard drive I am now considering a change to a Western Digitial WD2003FZEX Black 2TB SATA 6GB/S 7200RPM now that i reconsider it.

Get the WD black drive. You will enjoy the 970. Get a hyper 212 cpu cooler. Its easier to install outside the case and isntalling it latter will be a huge PITA.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

The SSD I am considering a change to an Intel 530 240gb. Its about the same price but half the size. Is this a good move?

You don't need a 750W power supply, especially if you are not putting a graphics card in. A 500W psu is enough, and will cope if and when you add a graphics card.

If you can get the SSD later:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($388.75 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.75 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1014.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-28 15:44 EST-0500

"an obvious supporter of privacy"