ASUS MX279H vs AOC i2757fh?

dMitzl
Go to solution Solved by dMitzl,

Apologies. I was about to update with a reply since I've just gone and read over a couple of reviews.

I'm actually going to give this one to the AoC. Colour wise it's pretty close, and appears to be fairly responsive. That, plus I could actually find a good review for it here

So for the lower pricepoint and the fact I was able to provide a more in-depth review, I'd be more comfortable recommending it

Thank you :) This is what i was asking for lol. 

I was initially leaning towards the AOC myself, just due to its aesthetics alone.

Price of the AOC for is a bit higher ($20) than the ASUS on my end.

So far AOC is winning, but if anybody has some opposing inputs with the ASUS, I would reconsider, but atm...its AOC.

ASUS MX279H vs AOC i2757fh

I'm a bit lost with details and specs of monitors.

What are the Pros & Cons of each and which do you guys and gals recommend?

Please & thank you :)

**(Please, this is not a ASUS vs AOC debate, This is strictly a Monitor vs Monitor basis)

Anything aoc will most likely be a low quality product. 

hmm...Why do you say that?

Don't make general assumptions about a company until you tried their products. 

I'm using a AOC monitor for 3 years and it still works great. 

I have a 21:9 monitor that has gaps between the bezel and the screen that are noticeable. I have a few of their monitors that are like this. 

hmm...Why do you say that?

I have a 21:9 monitor that has gaps between the bezel and the screen that are noticeable. I have a few of their monitors that are like this. 

Maybe you got a bad unit. Who knows? But AOC products are fine. 

I think he just hates them. But one should not inflict one's own hatred towards a particular company onto others. AOC have made an awesome 34" 21:9 that a member on here reviewed and he was quite satisfied with it. It's like saying Apple products suck. Until one's tried their products you can't make that sort of comment. ;):D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I think he just hates them. But one should not inflict one's own hatred towards a particular company onto others. AOC have made an awesome 34" 21:9 that a member on here reviewed and he was quite satisfied with it. It's like saying Apple products suck. Until one's tried their products you can't make that sort of comment. ;):D

that's why i said this

That's why i said this.

I know, I was just emphasising on what you were saying. :)

Maybe you got a bad unit. Who knows? But AOC products are fine. 

Not necessarily what I was looking for, but great input either way :) thanks

So far I understand that AOC, as a whole, is not terrible lol

Not necessarily what I was looking for, but great input either way :) thanks

So far I understand that AOC, as a whole, is not terrible lol

Haha, yeah, sorry about that. You are correct, AOC is not a bad company for monitors. :)

By your logic here, I should say that between me and my friends using Asus products, we've had 2 laptops, a screen, and a motherboard all kick the bucket, therefore everything Asus is bad

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

By your logic here, I should say that between me and my friends using Asus products, we've had 2 laptops, a screen, and a motherboard all kick the bucket, therefore everything Asus is bad

Thanks for your input,

but the topic is not which company is the worst,

My question is about two specific models of monitors that are similarly spec'd, but I don't have much knowledge on the subject. :)

Apologies. I was about to update with a reply since I've just gone and read over a couple of reviews.

I'm actually going to give this one to the AoC. Colour wise it's pretty close, and appears to be fairly responsive. That, plus I could actually find a good review for it here

So for the lower pricepoint and the fact I was able to provide a more in-depth review, I'd be more comfortable recommending it

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Thank you :) This is what i was asking for lol. 

I was initially leaning towards the AOC myself, just due to its aesthetics alone.

Price of the AOC for is a bit higher ($20) than the ASUS on my end.

So far AOC is winning, but if anybody has some opposing inputs with the ASUS, I would reconsider, but atm...its AOC.