Electricity issue!

skljom

Hi, I have home electric heating system, it is a box with a pump, water reservoir with heating element and it is connected to my home radiators. When it is turning off it fizzles for 5-10-15 seconds and in that time my monitor (philips 220e 22'' 1920x1080p @ 60Hz) picture starts to shake and becomes noisy, after that my picture becomes blurry and it smears to the right side.. How to fix this? The heating system is connected to different wire, every room is connected to its own fuse in fusebox. I am using 220V, 50Hz (europe) three-phase current. It seems like it can damage my monitor... I am also using some cheap extension cord.

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

UPS would be one option. Or the extension cords that have protections.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

UPS would be one option. Or the extension cords that have protections.

don't have that much money to spend, will try with better extension cord but my PC is connected righ to the wall, can it be damaged?

its cheaper to go off the grid completely.  :ph34r:

I don't get it.

don't have that much money to spend, will try with better extension cord but my PC is connected righ to the wall, can it be damaged?

It might, but it's hard to tell.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It might, but it's hard to tell.

but why is heating system affecting other electric components? What it creates in that 5-10 seconds to make this mess?

three phase? are you really sure? how much power is delivered to your home? if it is three phase try looking for which one of the phases is powering the heater and which one is powering the monitor. try to put the monitor on one phase and the heater on another one because it (the heater) might introduce some noise on that line (phase). 

but why is heating system affecting other electric components? What it creates in that 5-10 seconds to make this mess?

It draws a lot of power so it takes a moment for everything to adjust, the same reason your lights dim slightly when you turn on your vacuum cleaner or electric kettle

Spoiler

1) if you have three-phase, try to find which phase is linked to which wall socket so you can alternate the phase you are on (if available).

2) UPS.

three phase? are you really sure? how much power is delivered to your home? if it is three phase try looking for which one of the phases is powering the heater and which one is powering the monitor. try to put the monitor on one phase and the heater on another one because it (the heater) might introduce some noise on that line (phase). 

I am not electrician, I have no idea how it is connected. I know that every room is on different fuse in my house fuse box for safety reasons :/. Is this it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownout_%28electricity%29 ?

It draws a lot of power so it takes a moment for everything to adjust, the same reason your lights dim slightly when you turn on your vacuum cleaner or electric kettle

this never happens, like never. I can turn on my heating system, my water boiler, my oven and it doesn't dim the lights. I tested it. The only thing this heating is affecting is my monitor

1) if you have three-phase, try to find which phase is linked to which wall socket so you can alternate the phase you are on (if available).

2) UPS.

too bad I am not electrician and I hate electricity, too scared of it :D . Still thanks !

this never happens, like never. I can turn on my heating system, my water boiler, my oven and it doesn't dim the lights. I tested it. The only thing this heating is affecting is my monitor

Then your monitors AC-DC converter is messed up.

Spoiler

I am not electrician, I have no idea how it is connected. I know that every room is on different fuse in my house fuse box for safety reasons :/. Is this it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownout_%28electricity%29 ?

yes, dont touch it unless you know what you are doing. or, try plugging a power extension cord in another room in your house (the further from the room in which the pc and the heater is the better) and plug the monitor in it. chances are that you will powe the monitro from another phase but that's not always true.

yes, dont touch it unless you know what you are doing. or, try plugging a power extension cord in another room in your house (the further from the room in which the pc and the heater is the better) and plug the monitor in it. chances are that you will powe the monitro from another phase but that's not always true.

I am in the furtherst room in the flat. Away from heating system. But I will try your advice, thanks man !