Ubisoft AC:U patch attempted to "fix" performance issue by lowering graphical settings

ComradeHX

SLI-ing 980s......what was he thinking...

Idk who TB is, but he's not very clever, since sli/crossfire is not supported by AC Unity yet.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

the fact that ubisoft was nominated for dev of the year really boggles my mind :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Idk who TB is, but he's not very clever, since sli/crossfire is not supported by AC Unity yet.

TotalBiscuit......he tends to know a thing or two about pc gaming and pc port. He also has an absolute beast of a machine while still not being able to play UC:U properly despite his beastmode of a machine. The joke being that it has nothing to do with "hardware not being able to handle it" its more so the game just doesn't f*kkin work yo

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Game got better, a lot, with patches. Another patch is coming out to keep fixing fps problems.

But all i see is people posting old benchmarks from the release with no fixes, people repeating what they saw 2 weeks ago, people that don't have, and won't even buy the game talking shit about it and they have no idea about the game now, and you know why? Because the game now improved, it's better in a lot of aspects with this patches, but hey, apparently every1 wants and likes to talk about the bad things, but when they are making patches to fix the game, suddenly there are no news about it, and there are few remaining people with bad information, repeating wrong statements, ending up spreading hate with no fucking reason.

So yeah, i agree unity has it's bad things, its launch was terrible, but they are working on it, they gave free stuff to whoever bought the game, at least they are trying to make a difference and improve their games, they added a lot of stuff, they got a better graphics engine and a lot of great new updates and innovative things compared to the other assassins creed.

Adn you know why i am with ubisoft this time? Because then, when the game looks exactly like black flag or older games, people will be "the game it's the same, it's very repetitive, they make nothing to change it" like it happend with far cry 4, people were disappointed because it's really like far cry 3, and they complained about that too.

So yeah, they had issues with the new engine at release, but at least they are trying to improve and they are fixing it with patches almost every week.

I see what you're saying and I respect them for following through with the game but the launch was still botched seriously and there is no way they didn't know it idn't run well when they launched it.

-Brendan Jackson B)

TotalBiscuit......he tends to know a thing or two about pc gaming and pc port. He also has an absolute beast of a machine while still not being able to play UC:U properly despite his beastmode of a machine. The joke being that it has nothing to do with "hardware not being able to handle it" its more so the game just doesn't f*kkin work yo

The guy made the video 2 weeks ago, on the release, i'd like people to stop talking about this guy, and try yourself the game and stop referring to a video of the game at launch, not after patches. He also says he read a lot, but then says "the game does not runs well on sli" well that's because sli does not work at all yet. So i wouldn't take whatever this guy says like it was god himself talking.

Yes, the game was shit on the release, but it got better, but hey, apparently no1 will acknowledge that untill totalbiscuit says so.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

The guy made the video 2 weeks ago, on the release, i'd like people to stop talking about this guy, and try yourself the game and stop referring to a video of the game at launch, not after patches. He also says he read a lot, but then says "the game does not runs well on sli" well that's because sli does not work at all yet. So i wouldn't take whatever this guy says like it was god himself talking.

Yes, the game was shit on the release, but it got better, but hey, apparently no1 will acknowledge that untill totalbiscuit says so.

His review of the performance side was only about 1/4 of the "review", in fact the video he has up is aimed at making people aware of the day one problems and that they need to hold out until it's patched. Triple A titles should not be launched with such faults, why you even try to argue otherwise is ridiculous. The game is awful for other reasons, one of them is the horrible micro-transactions they have thrown in for unlocking chests.

But hey I'll just leave it to John to answer your anecdotal evidence:

" 'But I didn't have any problems!' is not a counterargument to criticism of a poorly optimized, buggy game." - John Bain, Totalbiscuit

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Here is the stupid argument using crysis from that video:

This is reasonably normal for games after nextgen systems come out. The top of the line graphics cards couldnt run Crysis for like a couple years after release date. This always happens, in like 2-3 yrs time, one high end card will run it easy, This happens with PC gaming, quite a lot. I often find myself going backwards on PC to play some games that were meant for future hardware. Even after patches It didnt matter with Crysis, itr was meant for future hardware and it was for future hardware. I guess this is too.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Here is the stupid argument using crysis from that video:

This is reasonably normal for games after nextgen systems come out. The top of the line graphics cards couldnt run Crysis for like a couple years after release date. This always happens, in like 2-3 yrs time, one high end card will run it easy, This happens with PC gaming, quite a lot. I often find myself going backwards on PC to play some games that were meant for future hardware. Even after patches It didnt matter with Crysis, itr was meant for future hardware and it was for future hardware. I guess this is too.

Pretty much, this has happend before, the thing is that with crysys people were like "oh my god, it's so next gen we can't run it!" and with ac unity, since it's from ubisoft, every1 is like it is.

His review of the performance side was only about 1/4 of the "review", in fact the video he has up is aimed at making people aware of the day one problems and that they need to hold out until it's patched. Triple A titles should not be launched with such faults, why you even try to argue otherwise is ridiculous. The game is awful for other reasons, one of them is the horrible micro-transactions they have thrown in for unlocking chests.

But hey I'll just leave it to John to answer your anecdotal evidence:

" 'But I didn't have any problems!' is not a counterargument to criticism of a poorly optimized, buggy game." - John Bain, Totalbiscuit

I never said the game was fine on release, what i am saying is that the game got better with patches and people are still quoting and naming totalbiscuit when his vid is about it's launch performance.

The micro-transaction thing is a topic for other thread, this is purely about it's performance, not the game itself, though i'm amazed some1 actually disagreed the game was good because of an ingame thing, not because of how it runs.

Also, i've said it before, the game runs too shitty on hardware it shouldn't, BUT, it runs ALMOST as it should on the high-end hardware(single-cards always). For example, it needs little tweaks for the game to be played maxed out with a constant 60fps on 1080p, only if you have something like a 290x/780/970 or better, BUT if you go down as little as a 280x or a 770, game runs like shit, and there relies the problem, i provided screenshots and i've said it before, the game runs almost perfect on a 970, but 1 week ago i had a 7950 and the game would run at an average of 40fps with graphical settings on high (not even very high). So the game doesn't escalate well, it goes from almost perfect to shitty, there's no mid term in which you could say the game runs almost perfect if you lower the settings. THE ONLY thing that affects it's performance is the Anti Aliasing, which i don't think it's that wrong, i mean, i can literally go from Ultra high textures, to Low, and there's literally no fps loss, and i think it's debateable wether or not that's a good thing (it's a good thing since you can run the game at higher textures with no fps loss, but it's not good because if you wanna lower it's textures quality to gain performance, you won't be able to).