AKG/Massdrop Collaboration K7XX

Sweet. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

They look pretty good in appearance

Btw @nicklmg @LinusTech why do you put the video on the forum before you put it on YouTube?

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

They look pretty good in appearance

Btw @nicklmg @LinusTech why do you put the video on the forum before you put it on YouTube?

1. everyone on the forum is awesome and you folks deserve a sneak preview whenever possible :) and 2. if there are any issues, you folks are pretty good at pointing them out politely before we get the 'OMG HURDUR YOU GUYZ SUCK LOLOLOLOL' YouTube comments :D

1. everyone on the forum is awesome and you folks deserve a sneak preview whenever possible :) and 2. if there are any issues, you folks are pretty good at pointing them out politely before we get the 'OMG HURDUR YOU GUYZ SUCK LOLOLOLOL' YouTube comments :D

Oh dam were awesome

And thanks for your reply

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

Out of curiosity... I guess this might be more of a question for Linus. But have you guys considered just straight up turning off youtube comments? They are cancerous... Plus if that happens then you can direct people who need build advice here, instead of them asking on the videos and never getting advice.

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Goddamit! Now do I get these or the DT880s? Ahhhh all the first world problems..

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

As usual, thanks for the upload @nicklmg :D

For further audio reviews, is it possible for linus to get HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline for the review or probably Vsonic GR-07 as these 2 are very very good IEMs and yet not so many people know about them as SE215 pretty much takes the place for mouth to mouth IEM in this price range.

Goddamit! Now do I get these or the DT880s? Ahhhh all the first world problems..

Choosing between DT880 or K7xx is simply preference, both are very good headphones :P

Out of curiosity... I guess this might be more of a question for Linus. But have you guys considered just straight up turning off youtube comments? They are cancerous... Plus if that happens then you can direct people who need build advice here, instead of them asking on the videos and never getting advice.

Linus would definitely be able to give a better answer, but I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Yes, many YouTube comments are terrible and people simply post them for the sake of being rude/vulgar/whatever else... but, from what I've seen at least, there is way more quality discussion in the comments of our videos than most other YouTube channels. Linus legitimately reads every comment on our videos (or as many as he reasonably can), and if you pick through the garbage you can actually find some decent ideas and interesting discussions that we may not get to see through another medium (forum, Twitter, etc.).

So yes, a ton of them are worthless spam/trolls/what have you, but I don't think that warrants us entirely removing the comments section and silencing those that do want to contribute to the discussion in a positive way.

Just my 2c.

I would think that would look bad to the non forums users and new viewers. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Fair enough! I guess the few shouldn't really be prevented from talking just because of the majority being cancerous. 

Thanks for the well thought out answer!

I would think that would look bad to the non forums users and new viewers. 

Also a valid point.

Yay! ILY MASSDROP AND ILY YOU TOO NICK #nohomo

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Already ordered mine yesterday xD

Good thing Linus approves of them. :)

For those who want to know, it's $261 AUD (shipping included) at the current crappy US -> Australian conversion.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Sweet video! Although, they look uncomfortable... no idea why :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I think I'd like to try out headphones before buying them from now on. I'd hate to drop serious cash on some headphones, only to find out that they're really uncomfortable. I learned that lesson with my Siberia v2s.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Would this headphone be decent alright to run without an amp?

yes

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Thank you for reviewing these Linus! Was considering either these or picking up the Senns (HD600 in this case) and your review definitely helped with the decision.

glad I jumped on it before 2K.. anyone remember what Linus uses to drive his headphones? I vaguely remember him mentioning in one of his headphone reviews a while ago..
EDIT: second watch through let me hear him say Geekout instead of O2, didn't realize Geekout was a model xD

EDIT 2: found the Geekout on amazon... NOW I REMEMBER THESE xD He did a review on it a while back...

EDIT 3 (yes, i'll continue editing xD): just happen to mention the Modmic in the Geekout video from Massdrop... Modmic is currently on a drop on Massdrop... funny... its like everything goes full circle here.. watch headset review, mentions geekout, search geekout video, points to modmic.. all works perfect together... now if only geekout was currently on Massdrop...

Ordered them a few days ago. Arriving on 17th

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Might look into these since I've been wanting to get another headset.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Thanks for the video Linus and team! When I saw this deal I thought to myself it would be great if Linus was able to showcase these... and then you did. Yee.. :D