display issue first time builder

kakarat

Are you using Display port or HDMI?

And is the cable connected to the GPU or Motherboard?

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

im trying vga and DVI i should try HDMi dont have display port inputs 

It seems your mobo is set to send a signal through Display port and needs to be changed in the settings.

Try a different monitor if possible

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

no signal ob hdmi either and no error code sounds

so can i use a display port to DVI converter with that?

so can i use a display port to DVI converter with that?

Yep that should work dont see why not, try it :)

so i tried the display port and no result any other advice?

Regardless of what you are connecting you mobo to your screen with, cycle through all the input options on the monitor while the system is booted up. Don't assume it will just detect the input in time.

After about 10 seconds hit f1 so you get to your bios, even if you haven't got anything on the screen yet.

Then hit f10 then enter twice and if it reboots, your system is actually running and its just a display issue.

Just a guess though.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

i hooked upp all 4 monitors now but nothing the keyboard does not light up either and i know it work because i tested it on the laptop

i also tested they system with a second power supply but no changes.  

Hum this is very strange, i had no problems with my first build i have a think and get back to you.

Sounds like a problem between the PSU and the mobo. Make sure you have all wires plugged in correctly, and have you also got the CPU power connector plugged in? (asking just incase) I had a similar issue recently, and i pressed all the power cables a slight bit and it started working again.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

MSI's motherboard...no surprises,you better rma or get another motherboard...because sounds like you just had a bad luck with this motherboard.I'm not saying MSI is a bad company it's just their motherboard quality actually not that good compare to asus/gigabyte/asrock...If I was you,I would definitely sell this mobo(after rma of course,don't wanna sell a broken one to another buyer and start a firefight) and get another mobo,I don't care if it has 'gaming' optimised features.

Is your video card properly in place? If so try a different video card and see if you get a signal. I had the same issue with my build, which I ended up having a defective video card.

im using an apu so i can use the on-board graphics.  im thinking i got a lemon mobo it dont recognize keyboard either

im just returning both motherboard and cpu for new ones hopefully no more lemons

im just returning both motherboard and cpu for new ones hopefully no more lemons

Oh ok, sorry i nether got back to you but i would say what the others said it is most probably your motherboard and like someone else said if i was you i would sell that msi board, msi is not that great so get a asrock(i have had asrock for 2 years so far never had a single problem) or asus is what i would recommend as a motherboard. What cpu have you got?

You actually don't need to returning your cpu(apu)...It's very very hard to find a faulty cpu nowadays,of course unless you intent to damage them.

In your case the motherboard definitely it's the troublemaker considered you don't have another graphics card in your pc.

MSI's making good Graphics Cards,but their motherboard line it's terrible.

I apologise,considered you didn't reply to me.

You actually don't need to returning your cpu(apu)...It's very very hard to find a faulty cpu nowadays,of course unless you intent to damage them.

In your case the motherboard definitely it's the troublemaker considered you don't have another graphics card in your pc.

MSI's making good Graphics Cards,but their motherboard line it's terrible.

I apologise,considered you didn't reply to me.

Yeh thats true but as your sending back the motherboard you might as well just for safe measures not like the company are charging you for it.

i figured its between the cpu and mobo so just get a cpu the same kind replaced and get a new board.  the board has all the stuff i needed and a 1 touch OC,on-board power,  reset, and could display all 4 monitors plus run my flt sim hardware. any other board like this.  I love MSI gaming laptop so i figured the desktop would be great.  I would like to take the intel 4000 hd graphics out of laptop and put something that allows triple display with my triple head to go is that possible?