Nexus 9 or....

Jimbo

I'm looking for a new tablet, currently rocking a 2012 nexus 7, looking for something a little bigger in the 9+ inch class.

Will be used for reading ebooks primarily, with hearthstone and other mobile games also quite common. Browsing not so much, I tend to use my PCs for that.

I was going to just go for a nexus 9 by default, but thought I should ask if I'm missing any good options. Wish the shield tablet had a 9-10" version, since I have nvidia GPUs.

Hit me up with ideas! I'm part of the google ecosystem but you're welcome to try selling me on an ipad. :)

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

My first thought with the headline was the shield.... you shot me down.  :(

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Seeing the nobody is commenting I am just going to put out there that the nexus 9 is probably going to be the best tablet you can get. Just...at all. lol

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

yea get the nexus, best google experience on a tablet with fastest os updates for the next few years

yea get the nexus, best google experience on a tablet with fastest os updates for the next few years

Too bad SHIELD Tablet got Lollipop before the 2012 N7

"Rawr XD"

Yeah Nexus 9 will do just fine with reading... Apple still has the best stuff in the tablet realm, but honestly since you're comfortable with Android already, I see no reason for switching to Apple's products for your needs. But, iPads are the best well-rounded tablets. The Nexus 9 isn't the best gaming tablet, but it should be fine. Just get the Nexus.

-From the desk of Moose-

OK thanks guys, nexus it is. And yes, I still don't have lollipop on my N7 (or G3), so I'm aware that the speed of updates isn't necessarily what it's cracked up to be.

I'll be honest, the Ipad really tempts me but the $140 price difference is a consideration and I've never actually used an apple device for long. From what I have seen, I agree that they're still the leaders in the tablet realm, it's just a slightly expensive sidestep that I can't quite justify - like how I'd murder old ladies for an InWin S frame but I'm not paying $750 for one. ;)

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical