NZXT Kraken X61 quality? + recommended alternatives?

Hi, looking for an all in one closed loop water cooler for a i5 4690k in my soon to be acquired NZXT Switch 810 Special Edition  :D

I have seen a lot of customer reviews and forum posts about the quality of nzxt coolers. Many tell of how the unit came dead out of the box or developed loud noises and failures of the pump (one case the guy was on his third unit over a few weeks) Is this kind of feedback deserving for the x61? If so what do you guys recommend as an alternative with a good balance between performance and sound.

thanks. 

The problem is people are more likely to review products(openly) when it's negative. I've been using an x60(which can't be too far off from the x61) for about a year. No issues whatsoever.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hi, looking for an all in one closed loop water cooler for a i5 4690k in my soon to be acquired NZXT Switch 810 Special Edition  :D

I have seen a lot of customer reviews and forum posts about the quality of nzxt coolers. Many tell of how the unit came dead out of the box or developed loud noises and failures of the pump (one case the guy was on his third unit over a few weeks) Is this kind of feedback deserving for the x61? If so what do you guys recommend as an alternative with a good balance between performance and sound.

thanks. 

I do own an X31, and the pump is loud....  The X61 is supposed to be one of the best AIOs though.

I would highly recommend the Cooler Master Nepton 240M.  Its a brand spankin new design, and performs within 1-2C of the X61, while being much more quiet.  Less expensive too.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I do own an X31, and the pump is loud....  The X61 is supposed to be one of the best AIOs though.

I would highly recommend the Cooler Master Nepton 240M.  Its a brand spankin new design, and performs within 1-2C of the X61, while being much more quiet.  Less expensive too.

For me the: x61 is $136usd,

280L is $109usd

240M is $106usd.

I like the NZXT cooler for their RGB light as well as I am also going for aesthetics, I can afford the extra price.

For me the: x61 is $136usd,

280L is $109usd

240M is $106usd.

I like the NZXT cooler for their RGB light as well as I am also going for aesthetics, I can afford the extra price.

I would go for the 240M to be honest.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I got the x61. I love how it is a large radiator. It keeps my CPU temps near ambient (25 C) and near (30 C) under load. I have not overclocked, but so far it has done great in terms of cooling. I do not use the fan software as I control fan speeds with my motherboard, not the cooler. So the adapter (for all the fan headers) just sits loose in my case. 

I do like how you can change the color on the pump to whatever color goes with your build (the matching colors really completes my build). Pump is not loud for me. 

I have the Kraken X61 aswell, and it performs great, the pump is inaudible (well my HDDs are louder at least) and while the noise performance ratio of the stock fans is ok, I found the noise signiture to be anoying (they develop a high pitched sound), so I replaced them with Noctua iPPC fans and I can barely hear it.

Other than the fact that the usb cable is barely long enought, I have not had any problems.

Edit: the usb Cable is long, but do hide it behind my motherboard was a bit tricky.