The US bill to phase out wonky symbols on the back of gadgets is now a law

Dietrichw

Source

ce7de823852a66a75d14c100035ded43.png

President Obama signed the E-Label Act into law today. The law was introduced by senators back in July and was easily passed in the House and the Senate. The E-label Act allows manufactures to provide FCC symbols, ID numbers, and other labeling in software menus rather than on the exterior of the device. This law only applies to marks related to the United States, marks like C E for the European Union are still required for devices sold in the EU. The need for marks on US devices started in 1973, the marks being moved into software will be very nice for smaller devices like smart watches.

Nice, wish my M8 didn't have them.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

They are already here.

No, I smell ones with out FCC standards now.

I smell cheaper, crappier products on the way.

FTFY

Mayonnaise is an instrument!  

Current Build - Ryzen 7 3800x (eco mode enabled), MSI B550M MAG Mortar, G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) 3200 14-14-14-34, EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, EVGA G2 550W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx

Interesting, but not exceptionally useful.

Not that I'm complaining.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I never cared in the first place.

That being said, my Note 4 doesn't have anything on the back cover

GW2: Vettexl.9726

It's not like those FCC logos were ever real. There may be a higher influx of cheap, shitty products, but I suspect they won't get much worse than they already are.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Huh, never even noticed theses on my HTC DNA. It's so small and the text is dark gray on a black rubber finish, it's almost camouflaged! 

*insert omg who cares gif here*

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This is obviously to help the terrorists. Thanks Obama.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Interesting, wasn't aware it was required. I can't find any labels anywhere on my One Max  :huh:

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I thought that logo just meant it passed FCC rule regarding EMI.  If so it doesn't indicate that the product is any good, only that it won't cause your TV to skip channels when in use.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My Nexus already has the info in the software, Europe ftw ;p

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

And children will be abducted for some reason.

rip off Beats and Apple devices

You're being redundant. There are no other kind of Beats and Apple devices.

*looked under FiiO E10K, saw those symbols, shrugged and placed dac amp back down*

I don't give a shit..at all.

i kinda liked it , now it's gonna look like cheap chinese knockoffs :/

Details separate people.

You can still check if they have them. Just look in the software menu, or if you haven't purchased the device yet and can't go to a store to check then look it up online.

Most of those regulations are required by law if I'm not mistaken so just because the symbols aren't labelled on the exterior of the device doesn't mean electronic devices are no longer regulated in the U.S.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Am i the only one that won't buy devices without the CE mark on them?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"