Laptop Search!

Hello, i will be heading to college next semester and will not be able to take my desktop gaming machine sadly:(. Im am in search for a laptop thst can handle some gaming but its more for video editing(adobe primere) , photoshop, and programming. It also must have an IPS monitor which seems to be the hardest part. Lan port would be nice. Also, please dont recommend a macbook pro because I need Windows 7 (or 10 depending on how good it is) -thanks alot!

Windows 7 ? In a laptop? Today? Your choices are quite limited... Not to mention with an IPS screen...

What's your maximum budget?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Windows 7 ? In a laptop? Today? Your choices are quite limited...

No i will probably install an ssd i already own and install win 7 on it. Idc what's on it when i buy it.

As for price, my grandfather is gonna hook me up so i would say less than $2000. So razerblade is out.

Well if you're going to be logging it around for college and stuff, a lightweight laptop would be ideal, so look into the ultrabook category. Not to mention they generally have pretty good battery life.

Like this one
http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-intel-core-i7-4510u-8gb-a6-98212-1242.htm

Though with 8GB of RAM, it might be cutting it short for video editing, 16GB might be better, but ultrabook wise, 8GB seems to be the limit ?

In which case, there are "full fledged" gaming laptop which might have what you need, but they are much heavier and bulky, generally have awful battery life and won't last you through the day...

There's this MSI gaming laptop, that's relatively thin, has IPS, 16GB of ram, a 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. As for the battery life, it's apparently around 5hours. Though it is a 17" laptop, so it's quite big.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-gs70-2pe-010us-stealth-pro-fa-95790-1242.htm

Or, there's always just a Macbook Pro, even if you really need windows, with Bootcamp it's easy enough to have Windows on the Macbook.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I would really like a 15.6 inch laptop. I dont think what im looking fir really exists lol if only i could build my own like a desktop lol

Doesn't exist indeed and even if it did, I'm way too tired to look deeper for it.

Just get a Macbook Pro and install Bootcamp on it. :rolleyes: Chances are, everyone else at your college will have a mac and you'd be the only one without one. Unless that trend has changed lately.