So I'm building a desktop for me sister and its the first one I've ever decided to build as you could tell by the title! It was originally going to be a copy of the one from the Holiday 2014 Buyers Guide video buuuuuut I kinda changed some stuff around while I was shopping and looking around.  So here's a list of parts that I plan on buying as well as things that I already have purchased. So for a first time builder an tips? Suggestions for parts? And all that jazz!

1. CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 (purchased)

2. Case: Cooler Master Elite 350 + 500W PSU (purchased)

3. Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 OC version (purchased)

4. Motherboard: MSi Z97 PC Mate (purchased)

5. Hard Drive: some 1TB hard drive (Purchased)

6. RAM: 8GB Crucial (purchased)

7. Operating system: What ever my school offers me, its going to be either 7 or 8.1 (still waitinf!)

The CPU and motherboard were actually on sale at Micro center for $100 for a bundle!

If any one wants pictures just ask!

Thanks!

Edit: Completely got rid of the SSD idea not even going to bother with it!

Edit 2 11/30/14 : its built now to figure out what to do about windows and how much overclocking can be done!

CPU: i7 8700K (Cooled by Custom Loop)  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080  RAM: 8GBx2 HyperX Fury  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Case: Thermaltake The Tower 900Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD & Crucial BX100 500GB & 1TB WD Blue HDD & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Mouse: Mionix Castor   Keyboard: Ducky One  Display: Dell P2414H & Dell S2716DG

is your sister into tech???

if not it might be easier for her to use 1 hard drive rather than 1ssd and 1hdd

Edit: forgot to tell you but, WELCOME TO THE FORUM hope you have fun :)

Double edit: it might be cheaper to get a locked pentium like the G3220, that costs 50$ that is 30$ less than the g3258

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Don't buy a Kingston V300; they changed the flash and now they are relatively slow and unreliable. Also, 60GB SSD's are generally horrible price to performance. Get something like a 128GB Crucial MX100. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Double edit: it might be cheaper to get a locked pentium like the G3220, that costs 50$ that is 30$ less than the g3258

Microcenter has a deal where you get a G3258 and a pretty good Z97 board for $100.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Microcenter has a deal where you get a G3258 and a pretty good Z97 board for $100.

GO FOR IT

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

GO FOR IT

I actually Mentioned at the end that they were a bundle and that's why I got them! >.<

CPU: i7 8700K (Cooled by Custom Loop)  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080  RAM: 8GBx2 HyperX Fury  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Case: Thermaltake The Tower 900Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD & Crucial BX100 500GB & 1TB WD Blue HDD & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Mouse: Mionix Castor   Keyboard: Ducky One  Display: Dell P2414H & Dell S2716DG

I actually Mentioned at the end that they were a bundle and that's why I got them! >.<

ok nice, but will it be a budget gaming build or a casual web surfing build?

if it is web surfing you can drop the ram to 4gb

ok nice, but will it be a budget gaming build or a casual web surfing build?

if it is web surfing you can drop the ram to 4gb

Its going to be a semi-Budget gaming build so I feel 8GB should be enough