hey guys, im upgrading and need help

hey guys, 

im upgrading my cpu this holiday season and i had a couple questions. Now i would like to get the 4790k over the 4690k, but is it really needed if im just going to game? and also i currently have a fx-8350. am i under estimating the performance of that chip compared to the 4690k, will i see that much of a gain between the two?

ps: i also am upgrading my mobo either a max vii hero or max vi not sure what one to get.

current specs.

mb - ASROCK fatal1ty 990fx killer

cpu - fx-8350 be

gpu - evga gtx 760 sc w/ acx

ram - corsair vengeance 1600

psu - cx600m 

rad - h100

thanks in advance :)

I'm in the same situation as you trying to switch over to intel.. Thinking about either picking up an i5 4690k or i7 4790k, would really like the 4790k. Seeing as everybody says that an i5 will be ideal if I'm just gaming has me really torn between the two. I don't really render, nor do heavy production with my pc at all but it would be nice just to have that i7 haha. Overall if your just gaming an i5 should be plenty, but if you have the money why not go for the i7?

I'm in the same situation as you trying to switch over to intel.. Thinking about either picking up an i5 4690k or i7 4790k, would really like the 4790k. Seeing as everybody says that an i5 will be ideal if I'm just gaming has me really torn between the two. I don't really render, nor do heavy production with my pc at all but it would be nice just to have that i7 haha. Overall if your just gaming an i5 should be plenty, but if you have the money why not go for the i7?

thats what im thinking...

hey guys, 

im upgrading my cpu this holiday season and i had a couple questions. Now i would like to get the 4790k over the 4690k, but is it really needed if im just going to game? and also i currently have a fx-8350. am i under estimating the performance of that chip compared to the 4690k, will i see that much of a gain between the two?

ps: i also am upgrading my mobo either a max vii hero or max vi not sure what one to get.

current specs.

mb - ASROCK fatal1ty 990fx killer

cpu - fx-8350 be

gpu - evga gtx 760 sc w/ acx

ram - corsair vengeance 1600

psu - cx600m 

rad - h100

thanks in advance :)

why not oc your chip to 4.5 - 5 ghz get a good water cooler its night and day! my buddy has an 8350 and before the oc it was good but at 5 ghz its RIDICULOUS!!!!

bottom line its a good chip not the most powerfull but its not going to bottle neck any current gen cards

disclaimer everything i just said is my opinion + a quick google!!!

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

why not oc your chip to 4.5 - 5 ghz get a good water cooler its night and day! my buddy has an 8350 and before the oc it was good but at 5 ghz its RIDICULOUS!!!!

bottom line its a good chip not the most powerfull but its not going to bottle neck any current gen cards

disclaimer everything i just said is my opinion + a quick google!!!

i have an h100 from corsair but you think my cx600m is enough power to oc my cpu?

i have an h100 from corsair but you think my cx600m is enough power to oc my cpu?

oh absolutely i have a h80 and a cx430

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

you wont see much improvement with a gtx760 which will still be your limiting factor in games...also those boards youve mentionned are way overpriced...get a cheaper motherboard and the i7 instead...games are all heavily multi-threaded nowadays and hyperthreading really start to help when using high end gpus in demanding games.

...in fact the 4790k boost to 4.4ghz out of the box so you wont even need to overclock it you could even go with a cheaper h97 board and lock it to 4.4ghz across all 8 threads.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR