PCMasterRace is Ignorant

Suika

People who make these threads are ignorant to the flame war it will start.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Does the fact that they call it the PC MASTER RACE not scream ignorance to you? Because it should.

Anyone defending a multi-billion industry is only mocking himself. They won't hear you, you won't get money for it. You'll only prove how gullible you are.

It's not what consoles do or don't do, it's what they represent. The exclusives, the online passes, the stagnation of graphics/complexity, the retarded "30fps is OK" topics when it's objectively not. All of these things mainly stem from the consoles, especially since lately.

Cognitive dissonance, all of this. #PCMasterrace is just satire, as Yathzee originally used it when he came up with it. It was never meant to be taken seriously, and when he made that video he actually was that "console peasant".

I wouldn't mind the existense of consoles if Sony and Microsoft weren't such giant dicks about it and tried to make more money than Duck mcscrooge. They just can't have it that developers don't create games for their platform, they hate competition. And they're currently actively trying to change the enviroment so that it suits them best.

In reality they threaten everything that is sacred to PC-gamers. This is just like the outrage you got from #gamergate, when the constant berating of being told they were mysoginists and bigots the whole damn time. This is PC gamers being sick of the pandering towards the utterly shit consolehardware, in whatever form or shape that is (resolution, framerate, complexity). They simply just want good games, that run well and have some interesting elements to them. That's all. But right now, with all these shit console ports, it's hard to let it slide man.

Stop making this an objective argument about what is "better", it never was about that. I wouldn't give two shits about xbone and lamestation if Sony and Microsoft did their thing in parallel to the PC. Hell, i might even buy one.

But right now I couldn't stomach shoving a dollar towards either of those companies. And neither should anyone at this point who gives even the slightest shit about gaming in general.

i dont hate consoles, i hate console culture (and around 80% of pc masterrace because its about console culture)

Guys guys. A PC can do more than just play games. People tend to forget this far too often.

This is completely true. We're not looking at this aspect of the PC, however. Objectively, we are looking that the PC as another console from a gaming perspective.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I agree with the OP and his points, but not his tone.   People's hate towards any piece of electronics doesn't bother me one bit. 

Including handhelds (and excluding "mobile devices") there are seven consoles in my home and one "gaming" computer.   There's an equal share of time between them.    My son and I love them all and would be sad to see any one of them go.  (Except maybe the 360. We just never really play it.)

... but raw power alone does not make a game. For myself, give me something visually appealing that is fun. Legend of Zelda is visual appealing and the textures are nowhere near the crazy of modded Skyrim, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. If a game looks good, plays good and makes you feel good, that's a win.

I think you just described every single first-party Nintendo game in at least the last 10 years. 

Anyone defending a multi-billion industry is only mocking himself. They won't hear you, you won't get money for it. You'll only prove how gullible you are.

It's not what consoles do or don't do, it's what they represent. The exclusives, the online passes, the stagnation of graphics/complexity, the retarded "30fps is OK" topics when it's objectively not. All of these things mainly stem from the consoles, especially since lately.

Cognitive dissonance, all of this. #PCMasterrace is just satire, as Yathzee originally used it when he came up with it. It was never meant to be taken seriously, and when he made that video he actually was that "console peasant".

I wouldn't mind the existense of consoles if Sony and Microsoft weren't such giant dicks about it and tried to make more money than Duck mcscrooge. They just can't have it that developers don't create games for their platform, they hate competition. And they're currently actively trying to change the enviroment so that it suits them best.

In reality they threaten everything that is sacred to PC-gamers. This is just like the outrage you got from #gamergate, when the constant berating of being told they were mysoginists and bigots the whole damn time. This is PC gamers being sick of the pandering towards the utterly shit consolehardware, in whatever form or shape that is (resolution, framerate, complexity). They simply just want good games, that run well and have some interesting elements to them. That's all. But right now, with all these shit console ports, it's hard to let it slide man.

Stop making this an objective argument about what is "better", it never was about that. I wouldn't give two shits about xbone and lamestation if Sony and Microsoft did their thing in parallel to the PC. Hell, i might even buy one.

But right now I couldn't stomach shoving a dollar towards either of those companies. And neither should anyone at this point who gives even the slightest shit about gaming in general.

Amen, brother. For when the consoles finally die, the PC gaming will get A LOT better.

Just imagine all the 30fps bullshit and all the shitty textures going away.

That's what happens when you develop for the PC, not for consoles and then just "make it run on those too".

Even better, imagine of they made FC4 or ACU for the PC, and then ported to consoles.

LOL, not even sure if possible...

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

1. People have computers anyway

2. Invest an extra $350 on your PC to play games (price to play on a console)

3. Don't like keyboard / mouse for racing games etc? use a controller -> xbox 360 controllers plug in and are ready to go. (wireless dongles are available for wireless controllers) -> steering wheels etc are also available

4. Want to play on the couch in front of your TV? Use a HDMI cable to connect it.

5. Not all computers are/ need to be massive, an m-itx build will fit the same GPU and CPU as any other computer (assuming only 1 double slot GPU)

I'm not hating on the idea of consoles, Nintendo has things going right for them, but the ps4 and xbone are failures (hardware side) because of the games they run.

Because of Nintendo's choice of art style and game play, it doesn't need cutting edge graphics to run at 60fps 1080p.

The xbone and ps4 are trying to play games that have higher poly counts, high res textures, demanding AI, special effects like weather etc, and they simply can't because sony and microsoft invested in crappy hardware.

What the 'pc master race' people don't like is all the attention that the ps4 and xbone are demanding from games companies.

Because of all marketing towards consoles, they've become the thing that people flock to when they want to play games.

Almost exactly like Beats headphones in a way.

And because of all the attention they get, developers concentrate all their time and money on getting their game to work well on a console, then release an unoptimized POS to the PC platform because they make their money from the console gamers.

I could add a bit more but even I feel like it's tl:dr

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I play consoles and PC, been playing my PS2 more than my PC lately.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I play consoles and PC, been playing my PS2 more than my PC lately.

Who could blame you, what is there to play lately... I've been replaying the old tomb raiders lately. Think after that maybe Kotor or Jade Empire. Anything but those shitty console ports.

Btw, PS2 is from the era they where the consoles and PC's were mutually disjoint. And they were actually still consoles, not shitty versions of PC's.

Come at me.

PCMR argues its superiority for the wrong reasons, and why console plebs find PCMR to be irritating and foolish. Argue with me, if you'd like, but I feel like a lot of the arguments are not actually as solid as people would like to think. The ignorance of the PCMasterRace matches the ignorance they claim these console plebs have.

Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included, that can run all games on decent settings (ranging from 720-1080p), with a TDP of 100w, and is easy to set up. It also can't be based on Black Friday sales, used components, or old parts you "found throughout the house," because an Xbox One isn't based on any of those.

Come at me.

1) PC gaming is cheaper.

A: Dependent. What if, as I have now, I buy an Xbox One for $350, and get Destiny, Halo MCC, and Halo 5. I bought Destiny on sale for $30, with Xbox Live for $30, so that's a grand total of $530, and that's all I want. Now, to get a decent gaming computer to play all current games, I'm looking at a minimum of an i5-4440 and GTX 750 Ti, which could last awhile, but cost $500-600 depending on what else you buy on the PC (I've built 750 Ti & Pentium G3258 PCs for $500 with all the bling). Now include peripherals, then games, aaaaaannddd... The Xbox One was cheaper. Oh, well, that shouldn't happen, or be true, but it is. Also, people still buy games on release for PC at the full $60.

You can argue a G3258 is enough, but I disagree, since Far Cry 4 can't accommodate for Dual Cores, but the Xbox One can play FC4 fine.

2) Building a PC isn't hard.

A: It's not hard, but can be frustrating if you do something wrong. I can't say that "building a PC is hard" is a very effective argument, but I can easily argue, "I plugged in my Xbox, updated, and was ready to play." It was extremely easy, and still cheaper. Building a PC isn't hard, but setting up a console is even easier.

3) You have to deal with a cruddy community and little kids on a console.

A: I've met some really cool people on Destiny, and some really stupid kids on TF2. It's hard to summarize a community like that.

4) You can play with friends online.

A: It's 50x easier and cheaper to play with four friends in local multiplayer than setting up four laptops and computers for one game at one place.

5) You have to buy an entirely new console when Microsoft releases one.

A: And you have to upgrade a PC with the new consoles to match the new demands these new games might have. Ubisoft is a bad example, but a GTX 780 in the recommended specs for Watch_Dogs? That's probably just poor optimization, but I don't think PC will be getting the same great optimization that consoles have. There is also development on the Xbox 360 going on still, so you can easily wait for the next console to go down a little cheaper.

What do I think PCMR has? Obviously, a mouse and keyboard is undeniably the easier and better way to play. Not always comfortable for a couch or in local multiplayer, but the better way to play for a single gamer at a desk. Higher resolutions and better graphics is a major bonus for PC gaming. I'll argue with console plebs when one says the other is better, you're not buying the console for graphics, you're buying it for the exclusives, features, and controller. PC has the superior everything else. Modding support and better indie support, not to mention the constant F2P and reliance on digital media instead of physical discs (I prefer digital, but my internet is so bad). PC is, when you can afford it, the superior way to play games, but consoles are still great and serve a good purpose. At the price point they're being sold at, it's perfectly fine.

I like having a super PC, but the total and utter disrespect for consoles on here is ridiculous. They serve a purpose and they serve it well, I'm glad I own an Xbox One because of the games like Destiny and MCC. I have a minimum of 120 hours invested in Destiny already, but not so much on my PC for the past few months.

I'm also waiting for FC4 to go on sale for PC. I'd much rather have it on PC than console.

Yeah, it's more of an ego thing I think. PC gamers think they are superior which is silly. You're aren't better than someone because you play freaking video games on a different platform.........I only really got into PC gaming in April in 2013 when I started playing League of Legends. Previously I had played PC in the past wayyy back in the day in like early 2000s, but have been a console gamer my whole life. From Nintendo 64 to GameBoy color/advance, Nintendo DS and well I stopped purchasing Nintendo after the first Wii. In 2006 I got heavily into competitive multiplier on Xbox 360 on games such as Halo 3, Gears of War 1, and Call of Duty 4. I played Xbox because they had the best exclusives (of course this is only my opinion)  and mainly Gears of War was my best series. I was heavily into competitive multiplier in ranked, GB matches, and tournaments. After the latest installations in the franchise (GowJ) which was a piece of shit that betrayed all Gears fans I concluded it was time to move on. That is when I discovered League through a friend of mine.. I honestly think console is great and there are a lot of cool people on there. Unlike games with chat like League of Legends I enjoyed meeting people and talking to them over the mic, it's much more personal. I enjoyed the simplicity of hopping into an Xbox live party with a group of friends the moment I got online. Sure you can do this with skype as many would argue. 

Anyways I'm not gonna blabber all day as I could do so easily. I agree with the OP as many argue that PC gaming is cheaper cause of Steam sales and shit and say you will save money in the long run by going PC. Quite honestly, the clear majority of people don't know how to build PCs. To make PC gaming really cheaper you most likely have to build your PC because a decent gaming PC that you purchase will easily cost you upward to $1000. Most people don't have the time or patience or even smarts to dedicate time to learn to build PCs, or maybe they don't want to. Many people just want simplicity and to have a multi entertainment console that is friendly to the user.

Anyways I could really talk about this shit all day. I think console gaming is great and have enjoyed it for a majority of my life. Over the past couple years I have been moving over to PC gaming more and more as some of the series I enjoyed so much on console in the mid 2000's are dying off. There is nothing wrong with console gaming and anyone who looks down on someone because they play Xbox is stupid. Fact.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DkvKGX Here, I came at you. 352$, peripherals included (they aren't the best out there for sure, but they are still a good deal more precise than a controller), destroys an xbox one in everything performancewise. About that thing with far cry 4, maybe you didn't get the memo, but the core gate is being artificially forced. There's a video proving that the game runs just fine on two cores. If ubisoft can't make a decent release that's not a fault of pcs. And if you really must play that game, go buy an athlon 840k instead, that's a quad core for about the same price. I didn't even check if there was some black friday stuff in there because the xbox one's current price is holiday season only. It's a timed deal, after which both this pc and the xbone will go up in price. If you don't accept this argument, go ahead and use a 265 instead of a 270; it still outperforms an xbone significantly. Also bare in mind a lot of the complaints with the xbone were related to when it was 500$, it only just recently started to be released kinectless and at a cheaper price.

1) Yes, it's cheaper. The games are cheaper, there is no sub fee, the pc itself would be cheaper if we did a precise performance match. 60$ spared a year easily make up for the higher power draw. I find ridiculous that you propose an i5 for a "minimum" build, that's bs. The cpu on the xbone is much weaker than any i5. The gpu you chose is also a joke for this kind of build, it's significantly more expensive than its amd counterparts. Not ideal if you're on a very tight budget. If people buy games at release on pc it's their fault, and it's still 10 bucks cheaper than getting them at lauch on a console (and if you're going to argue people don't wait for pc and wait for console, please don't).

2) Then fine, a console is easier if you(generic)'re a retard. That's pretty much what you're saying; a 9-year-old could build a computer with a little guidance. If sparing a couple of hours and a small hassle is worth all the other downsides to you, then go ahead and buy a console, but arguing that consoles are superior because you (generic you) can't build a pc is weak at best.

3) I'll give you that, and frankly I never really felt like generalizing a full community was a valid point anyway.

4) For one, to play online there's the usual sub fee. And a lot of games support split screen on pc atm, either officially of with an easy mod. Here's a list: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Local_Multiplayer_Games

That said, split screen mp is actually one of the few actual pros I can find abut consoles. So while the above certainly mitigates it, if you're really big into split screen then a console is pretty much the way to go.

5) Half-ass games aren't really a sensible metre to use when measuring the optimization of games for a platform or another... and honestly ACU didn't run any better on consoles... extra optimization in an iffy point, mainly because x86 is a platform devs know perfectly. While there certainly is some specific optimization that can be done, chances are it won't be game changing and devs sometimes just don't seem like they even care (such as ubi) to optimize stuff properly, let alone for very specific hardware.

when people use that argument they refer to two things: retro (and forward) - compatibility and the possibility to upgrade single parts of your pc (perhaps using some of that sub fee money you spared). The first is pretty simple; almost all pc games ever made can be played on a modern pc in a way or another, and in fact even some older console exclusives can be played through emulators. After that, when a console generation passes it usually stops getting any games at all (the 7th generation is a bit of an exception, but the 8th generation isn't even close to being powerful enough to last for as long) whereas a pc has a chance of playing some new games if they aren't too demanding (bf4 is playable on a radeon hd5450, which goes to show how potentially long a decent gpu's usefulness can last if you are content with games running (as they would in a console) and aren't that interested in ultra settings. Of course nobody forces you to upgrade your console and you may very well be content with 3-4 games (although at that point maybe buying a full system for 3-4 games was a bit of a waste), and that's why I usually don't use this argument when discussing consoles.

I think you're falling victim of the generalization trap as do some pcmr "partisans". MY gripes with current consoles regard two things: I find MS and Sony aren't offering what they could and I feel should have, especially with the sub fee which is, in my opinion, one of their major "sins" in this regard (even if at a generational switch you don't upgrade and are content with your current games, you still have to pay the fee if you want full functionality of a device you already paid for); and secondly I am frustrated that pc games get held back for the sake of having them run on straight up poor hardware.

I don't argue that consoles are bad for the fun of it. I have precise complaints about them. And if anyone asks me advice on what to buy, I have no doubt in suggesting they build a pc, especially if I know them personally and can even help them troubleshoot the now machine if anything goes wrong. I also find the Wii U to be a better package than either of its competitors, as it's significantly cheaper (if we're accepting a graphical downgrade, at this point t doesn't really matter if we downgrade a bit more as long as games run, right? And honeslty the Wii U is proucing higher resolutions and framerates in a lot of games thanks to their art style) and offers a really compeling library of games that are designed to be played in split screen on the couch and only give their best in such a situation, unlike the other two which just try to be pcs and fail miserably (imo).

That said, rules can allow exceptions. I can't account for every possible scenario, and there are certainly some in which a console really is better; but unless it's one of said specific scenarios, as a general rule I personally wouldn't advise ever getting a ps4 or xbone. If your opinion is different, fine, it's your money after all, but just openly engaging people on the other side of the fence without being provoked isn't really the way to go about it...

Disclaimer: no offence is intended with the above, if anything I wrote offends you I apologize.

Not gonna lie, that power supply made me cringe a bit... But it's overall a really great low-budget build.

2) Building a PC isn't hard.

A: It's not hard, but can be frustrating if you do something wrong. I can't say that "building a PC is hard" is a very effective argument, but I can easily argue, "I plugged in my Xbox, updated, and was ready to play." It was extremely easy, and still cheaper. Building a PC isn't hard, but setting up a console is even easier.

what you're describing is a lazy, ignorant gaymer

You can argue a G3258 is enough, but I disagree, since Far Cry 4 can't accommodate for Dual Cores, but the Xbox One can play FC4 fine.

far cry 4 can run fine on 2 threads but Diggisoft won't let you run it anyways 

3) You have to deal with a cruddy community and little kids on a console.
A: I've met some really cool people on Destiny, and some really stupid kids on TF2. It's hard to summarize a community like that.

great examples...

4) You can play with friends online.
A: It's 50x easier and cheaper to play with four friends in local multiplayer than setting up four laptops and computers for one game at one place.

last time i checked setting up a lan game is pretty easy

5) You have to buy an entirely new console when Microsoft releases one.
A: And you have to upgrade a PC with the new consoles to match the new demands these new games might have. Ubisoft is a bad example, but a GTX 780 in the recommended specs for Watch_Dogs? That's probably just poor optimization, but I don't think PC will be getting the same great optimization that consoles have. There is also development on the Xbox 360 going on still, so you can easily wait for the next console to go down a little cheaper.

stop using Diggisoft to represent PC games

better graphics is a major bonus for PC gaming.

top kek

what you're describing is a lazy, ignorant gaymer

far cry 4 can run fine on 2 threads but Diggisoft won't let you run it anyways 

great examples...

last time i checked setting up a lan game is pretty easy

stop using Diggisoft to represent PC games

top kek

Mumbo Jumbo

Gum gum me dumb dumb 

ME WANT GUM GUM

NOW!

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Mumbo Jumbo

Gum gum me dumb dumb 

ME WANT GUM GUM

NOW!

Great insight. I 2nd this motion.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I know, yes. I use an Xbox One controller on PC and I would like a G27, but then again every car enthusiast/PC gamer wants one it seems.

And Forza and GT are not racing sims, but at least Forza is more fun. I want a laid back racing game with nice graphics, good car selection, an open world and wide customization. Forza Horizon 2 does this, neither The Crew or any of the NFS games do this well. The only reason I want an XB1 is for Forza Horizon 2.

Ok, good. lol. ;) I thought you were trying to say you can only play racing games on PC with a KB. :P

Yeah, I mean it all depends on what you're looking for and what's more fun to you. For me, the hard-core racing sims are more fun, but to each his/her own. I'd be lying if I said I didn't thoroughly enjoy GT4 on PS2 and Forza 3 & 4 and Horizon on the xbox 360. The career mode and ability to mod your cars however you like has a lot of appeal for car enthusiasts alike. Mind you, I used a wheel and pedals for those games as well. :) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

If I only have $500 and have to pick between a PC, a console, and rent/child support, assuming I have none of these, PC every time.  I can literally play EVERY PC GAME EVER MADE on a PC.  And do every other day to day thing that I just can't do on a console, like have a decent web browser, download the latest moneytalks episode, and get super easy to run games for pennies that even potato computers can play (indie games ftw). 

If I already have a computer, a console priced upgrade will trash current consoles, hands down.  It just will.  It's not even a contest.

Yes, consoles do have things going for them.  If I already have a laptop, and the concept of taking my destiny into my own hands on PC is too overwhelming (computers are way too overwhelming for a LOT of people, hence repairs costing ungodly amounts), consoles are great.  Same for kids trying to convince mom and dad to get them something to play games on.  I get it.  The ease is a strong argument.

xbone and ps4 sure seem like they're trying to be a PC, but are terrible at it.  Just get a PC.

Nintendo on the other hand, you can't really get the same nintendo experience without nintendo.  

#WiiUMasterRace

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The whole argument of which is more expensive, PC or console, is a really pointless argument, IMO.

Why? Because everyone's in a different situation, has different preferences and is going to spend different amounts towards their gaming devices over time, regardless of what platform it may be.  Some people collect a lot of games and some people only collect a few, not necessarily because of cost but because that's all the want or need. It's all very subjective and situation-based. People associate a certain "worth" to various aspects and features of each platform that may make one platform more valuable to them vs. another.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Do what you like and stop worrying about what people think.

Your points are valid, but many people prefer the luxury of a Desktop PC over a console, I'm one of those people. I like to get right into fixing computers, gaming with a keyboard and mouse and many other things. I can't use a Console to render videos or conduct work in 3D Modelling or Animation can I? Not to mention that the games you play on the consoles are.

If you simply want to Game, Talk to Friends, ect - Go for a console.

If you want to Multi-Task, Game, Browse the Web, Write Documents for School/College/Whatever, Download "free" Software and Movies, Develop Presentations.... Create creepy videos with profound objects... And much more! - Then go for a PC.

Plus, if you didn't think about it. The reason why PC parts cost more would be for the quality, and the expenses it costs the manufacturer to product. Whereas the parts used in the consoles are mass produced by only a few different companies, very quickly and for maximum profit minus quality.

And on the plus side for PC, higher resolutions and better graphical fidelity. Even though these may come at a price, they are worth the small investment for some people. I myself would love to enjoy running an Oculus Rift with Project Cars (Drooling just thinking about it).

OH, and by the way. Without PC's being used throughout the years, consoles wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as they are today. The hardware used in them is derived from PC hardware, and without people constantly funding these companies to go further, it wouldn't exist.

I like having a super PC, but the total and utter disrespect for consoles on here is ridiculous. 

Thats_the_joke.jpg

Somebody build me a $350 computer, with decent peripherals included, that can run all games on decent settings (ranging from 720-1080p), with a TDP of 100w, and is easy to set up. It also can't be based on Black Friday sales, used components, or old parts you "found throughout the house," because an Xbox One isn't based on any of those.

Xbone launched at $500 and thats when most of its sales were.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Wait people actually buy pc games? we all know where we can get every latest game for free * cough cough* and if you are very into it you know where to get them before they are even released. Whats wrong with cherry picking parts and prices? if they are constantly available? With pcs you can do cool game mods.ts not only for gaming you there is alot of other nice other programs.  Also everyone needs to at least to spend 100 dollars for a basic computer to run Microsoft word and ect. You have to take these things into consideration.

I respect your opinion, but still don't understand how someone could think a keyboard is better than a controller for racing.

Agreed. M+KB is best for everything BUT racing.

Then comes in racing wheels, which kicks the controller's ass.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE